Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2009, 06:04   #46
BHPian

Thanks for the video dude, i too feel the grumble to be on the higher side to my personal choice. I feel it needs a quieter one. Cheers, waiting for the same.
Old 13th July 2009, 09:27   #47
BHPian

Do you really need an adjustable cam gear, if you are satisfied with the powerband? Remember pulley can only shift your powerband and will not give u more power?
Old 13th July 2009, 09:47   #48
BHPian

Congrats Ricky
Please enlighten us on the cost involved
To dream or not to dream is the question
Old 13th July 2009, 09:57   #49
BHPian

I agree - the exhaust needs to be quietened down a little otherwise it might also attract the attention of the coppies. At normal city speeds and RPMs, there should just be a little hum.

Also, for some reason, I feel that your idle RPM is a little high (only have this conclusion from the exhaust note). I might be wrong though because I have not experienced a Swift's engine too much. I hope an idle re-learn procedure was carried out on the ECU post the mods.

Congrats on the unchained beast

Last edited by the_maassk : 13th July 2009 at 09:58.
Old 13th July 2009, 10:09   #50
Senior - BHPian

Here is another video

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 13th July 2009 at 10:11.
Old 13th July 2009, 17:17   #51
BHPian

This one sounds good. Was this taken with windows open or closed? Just wanted to know how the cabin would sound.

Where is the power band peak?
Old 13th July 2009, 20:09   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydiablo View Post
Do you really need an adjustable cam gear, if you are satisfied with the powerband? Remember pulley can only shift your powerband and will not give u more power?

Need to move the power band down to maybe 2k RPM & end at 5K, right now it is 3k to 6k, why revv so hard..

@phigolden - kindly PM Speedsport for details or contact // Speed Sport . Automotive Engineering Solutions . New Delhi . India //

@themaassk - the RPM is kind of high right now, once the ordered stuff comes in, we should be able to handle that

@srikant - the video was with one door open, the peak right now is 3k - 5k - the ssound is kind of high - am looking at maybe a different endcan, let's see when it is all set up..

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 13th July 2009 at 20:14.
Old 13th July 2009, 21:25   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_maassk View Post
I agree - the exhaust needs to be quietened down a little otherwise it might also attract the attention of the coppies. At normal city speeds and RPMs, there should just be a little hum.
If we have all papers and documentations in place and adopt sensible driving , should we be worried about the cops ?
Why is every one cautioning on the sound from FFE? Is there a decibel limit ? or is it because, they would know we dont have a CAT , hence penalise us for pollution etc...
Old 14th July 2009, 00:01   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdiatech View Post
If we have all papers and documentations in place and adopt sensible driving , should we be worried about the cops ?
Why is every one cautioning on the sound from FFE? Is there a decibel limit ? or is it because, they would know we dont have a CAT , hence penalise us for pollution etc...
Any modification in a car is illegal.
They don't have any decibel meters. But, if they wanna fleece you, cops can pull you over.
I personally run an exhaust without a resonator with just a magnaflow endcan. While its not rally/race loud, the absence of a resonator shows on high rpms/engine load. Could be easy prey to coppers on my out of town trips.

@Ricky: Why don't you try on a resonator aka "centre muffler"?
Old 14th July 2009, 00:15   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Any modification in a car is illegal.
Oh I certainly did not know that ! I am just reading a thread on this now.
I am going to tone down my plans now. Would be sad to have a silent FFE. I always like them loud and vrrrooom, vroooom, vroooom pop pop pop.

Anyways, so are we all propogating illegal activites then ?
Old 14th July 2009, 09:15   #56
BHPian

Our cars are compliant to much higher pollution norms than required by the current Indian standard. My car passed PUC with FFE on. So at least morally it does not bite me .

Any modification however, unless it is endorsed in the RC, is illegal. At least to me, to avoid undue attention, a power band above 3k is good - is not loud in normal city driving. I can still rip it on empty stretches in the early mornings.

A custom resonator with a Flowmaster 60 series or a Mangnaflow end is ideal. Also, an FFE sound changes once carbon starts building up in the exhaust system (post 500 kms). Mine has settled in now and there is a gentle hum at idling and a roar above 3k.

I would definitely suggest an idle relearn of the ECU as soon as you get a chance. Even a fall of 30 RPM at idle, changes the exhaust note to be pretty silent.

Last edited by the_maassk : 14th July 2009 at 09:21.
Old 14th July 2009, 10:10   #57
Senior - BHPian

There is a mid muffler already, it is not a straight pipe. The ideal situation would be if the idle to around 3000 RPM is a mild rumble, which then growls post 4000 RPM, that way normal driving it sounds almost stock & post that it opens up.

Cheers
Old 14th July 2009, 12:56   #58
BHPian

Ricky awesome work done and congrats. Kudos to speedsport.

Could you give us the price's of each of the mods?
Old 14th July 2009, 13:11   #59
Senior - BHPian

contrary to general public opinion - i quite like the sound track of the FFE in its present state. in fact the bassy rumble at idle is very good. i have noticed that normally the sound track while driving ( under load) is better than the revving sound in neutral.

what is the case with your swift Ricky ?

OT- @nitrous - im getting bored with the sound of my automechs. whats your recipe to make it similar to those magna flows ur having ? ( min cost option )
Old 14th July 2009, 20:18   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
contrary to general public opinion - i quite like the sound track of the FFE in its present state. in fact the bassy rumble at idle is very good. i have noticed that normally the sound track while driving ( under load) is better than the revving sound in neutral.

what is the case with your swift Ricky ?

OT- @nitrous - im getting bored with the sound of my automechs. whats your recipe to make it similar to those magna flows ur having ? ( min cost option )

Well it gets kind of loud(er) when driving. The idle rumble is great but then who knows I may get used to it..

@NOS power
As I said before kindly PM "speedsport" - so far it is about 80 @#@!$%^&

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 14th July 2009 at 20:20.

Most Viewed