Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2005, 09:43   #1

Beige Interiors??

Hey Guys, I Have Seen Many Cars, They Change The Whole Dashboard & All Other Plastic Interiors Parts Into Beige.

Any Body Knows What Exactly It Is ??

Amit
Old 18th June 2005, 11:50   #2
BHPian

Its probably a leather or psuedo leather cover. It somes for the dashboard, handrests, door trim, gear lever boot and steering...
Old 18th June 2005, 14:14   #3
BHPian

a guy here in bandra has got a metallic red colour esteem with dashboard painted beige with stanleys and door trims car looks really good must say but doesnt really suit all colour....the car is modified n also belongs 2 rio design....
Old 22nd June 2005, 14:26   #4
Senior - BHPian

A friend of mine got his blue santro's interior made pinkish from Morpheus design. looks **** but I guess biege would look good
Old 23rd June 2005, 12:46   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Its not painted biege. Paint will be of no use as it will begin to chip out on the dash board surface. The color change to the dash board is done through some process which i cant recall the name of but its something like dying it to a certain color, hence there is no risk of it coming off unlike paint.
Old 23rd June 2005, 23:24   #6
BHPian

hey
when i got my car from HAN ...they had the display car's interior done in beige from morpheus.....but the on a close look the work didnt seem to have a good quality.

the feel of the dashboard was rough and the sides was also chiped.

but any guess on the cost

pankaj t
Old 24th June 2005, 10:06   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

If it is a factory conditioned beige interior, then its well worth it. Must just take care with dirt and keep cleaning it more often.

However, after market "painting" of interior plastics is not recommended at all. The finish is pathetic and paint chipping is inevitable in the long run.

Additionally, who would want to get their brand new cars dashboard ripped apart by the unorganised after-market segment?

GTO
Old 26th June 2005, 01:01   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
If it is a factory conditioned beige interior, then its well worth it. Must just take care with dirt and keep cleaning it more often.

However, after market "painting" of interior plastics is not recommended at all. The finish is pathetic and paint chipping is inevitable in the long run.

Additionally, who would want to get their brand new cars dashboard ripped apart by the unorganised after-market segment?

GTO
True.But there are a lot of professionals like Du Pont,BRM,DC who do these finishes in near OE looks.The downside is that they're obviously more expensive when the seat covers,carpets and roof lining completes the picture.These interiors look so good that you feel like taking off your footwear before stepping in.....but then,what's the point,right?
Old 18th July 2006, 23:34   #9
BHPian

Hi..
I have a 99 Henna green Esteem Vx and am seriously thinking of getting the Interiors changed to biege color. I had recently visited a motor show in Mumbai where 'The Paint Shop' had displayed an Accent that was painted in biege and It looked really nice..I would like to know any other garage or painting workshop who would do the modifications for me...

Pls let me know with any details..thanks..
Old 19th July 2006, 00:48   #10
aZa
Senior - BHPian

personally i think beige interiors are high maintaince...
Old 19th July 2006, 10:45   #11
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Use Biege if you take care of your car like a child,otherwise it will start looking bad..
We have one Corolla in our family with biege interiors and it looks very bad if kept unclean..

Gurus Is something like this possible..
We get a biege paint job and then get the whole surface laminated/clear coated in a finish that doesnt shine??
I know it will take the roughness from it but will prevent it from looking bad and also chipping!!!
Old 15th May 2009, 12:14   #12
BHPian

New Honda City Dash Board Color change?

Hi Guys,
I am tired of seeing my NHC's dull interiors especially the grey/black dash. Would it be possible to change the dull grey to something like a biege at a reasonable cost? Any ideas anyone?

Battada

Note from Team-BHP Support : Thread MERGED. Please use the search feature before creating a new thread on a topic that might already exist. Please continue your discussion in an existing thread. This will keep all the relevant information in one place and make it easier for readers in the future.

Last edited by Jaggu : 15th May 2009 at 12:23. Reason: search please
Old 15th May 2009, 15:24   #13
Senior - BHPian

When you say reasonable, what is your budget approximately?
You can get the dash, doorpads, central console etc painted in your colour of choice. But please get it done at a good place, where they know what they are doing. If not, the finishing won't be up to the mark and paint will peel off in due course. Ask the Honda A.S.C if they will do it for you.
I got my Lancer interiors repainted at HM - came out pretty well.
Old 19th May 2009, 12:54   #14
BHPian

Thanks guys. Will check with Honda A.S.C
Old 19th May 2009, 14:13   #15
Senior - BHPian

search threads and you will find one person had changed the interiors of a new santro to biege and wooden. Looked good to me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks