Team-BHP - tachometer ... problems
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   tachometer ... problems (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/6144-tachometer-problems.html)

hi guys.. i had bought a tachometer of autogage the one that has water temp, oil temp and oil pressure alongwith the regular huge rpm and shift light..
the thing is i wanted to fit it on my santro xing Xs.. the problem is nobody could fit it properly.. most of the time the tacho didnt move and when it moved it moved max to 3000rpm that to at hard revving..
i got the answer as that since the new xing has two coils and is mpfi it wont work.. they tried fitting it via the ecu trigger .. thats what i know..
i first tried with my normal mechanic then with sajid of motosport .. neither of them could do it..
so is it an issue with xing of what we tried was wrong?..
also another solution that i got was fitting a msd ignition box.. but sajjid quoted 25,000 so that was way too much to get the tacho working..
so guys i need some suggestions here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
cheers!!!
onkars

A few points that you need to take care of
1) Get yourself a tacho that can handle a 2 sparks per rev coz the newer cars use a wasted spark. The reason you see only 3000 revs on your tacho is coz your tach is set for 4 cylinders and it sees only 2 pulses ie... it shows half the rev
2) The ecu trigger point is the best place to fit it (you need to check the Ignition lead on the ECU pin MAP off the factory manual) get it done from someone who has done it before.
3) An MSD ignition box would be an overkill for your car just ditch the idea.

Hi, I got another question...? What kind of wiring is required for a 3 cylinder engine ? Can anything be done for a 3 cylinder MPFI 12 valve Maruti 800 ? Do any tachometers exist for 3 cylinder engines ? Im in US(california) now..I can buy some stuff from here if someone can guide me what is required to setup a tacho for a Maruti ??

how do i know which tacho can handle 2 sparks per rev; coz the autogage tach was a cool tach.. and if it couldnt handle.. what do i do now.. is there anyone here who could get a new tacho running in my car.. i wouldnt mind buying the tacho from the same person too.. as i have returned the autogage tacho as it didnt work..
onkars

:OT how much did u get it for

i think if you send a mail to tutu dhavan (this guy is good ) , he could tell you what to do. even i had the same problem as the same could not be fitted on to my baleno as the damm thing has a sensor instead of the GARRARI (mech term ) , but he did some jugar and vollah , it was running , i dont have the mail id handy , but i am sure i can send it to you tommorow ..
also if you can get in touch with either LEELA (MRF RALLY CAR TUNER ) even he could help you on this .. hopefully it should be sorted out soon .
regards
Cheetah !!

what details should i look for when i am buying a tacho for a carb zen ?

Hey Cooldude,

Go to Pai Auto at shivaji Park he will solve the problem for you.

Heavy Foot just make sure you choose a 4 cylinder tacho.

Viper

@heavy foot...any tach(as long as it suports a 4 cyl config) will work well with a carb zen... no worries..

Hey Guys,

I have a santo Elx (Zing). Im trying to find a person, in pune, who can install a new tachometer. Could you please let me know if any body does it. Also do i need to install any switch, since I have heard that there is some problem with Santro elx