Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2009, 23:51   #61
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Shrey, first and foremost kindly spend some time in the announcement sections and learn how to use the "multi quote option". Replying to posts in bold is a sore to the eye. In internet terms, its called crying out loud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
I took the Jan results of the hyd drag cuz Ashu runs a B zen, so it will be easy for you to compare as I think some of the REAL fast cars did not go to hyd this time round )
I don't know since how long you have been following drag racing. But to me it seems, you either conveniently forgot that Ashu's car is capable of 12.5 secs. Ashu had an issue at the Hyd drag, probably thats the timing his car clocked without NOS (shows how fast his car is inspite of the issue). Also every other fast zen I see there is a 1300 (Sharath, Raymond). So we are again comparing a 1300cc Suzi engine with a fully drag spec 1600 cc Honda engine. Some fair comparo that.

Quote:
from what I can see, all of them are honda engines!!
Shrey, kind pull up the Indian open timings from the last 6-8 drag events held in the country. You will see the "true picture".

Quote:
Looks like you guys havent driven a "well built honda" .
Let me guess, the only well built Honda you have driven (have you actually driven it?) is Wolf's. I already mentioned to you I have driven a Zonda running 18psi. It will eat Wolf's car for breakfast, lunch, dinner and much more. There is also another OHC Vtec running nearly 20psi boost, I have driven that as well. So unless you are trying to prove to me that the one car "you sat in" is more well built (or quicker) than these two turbo Honda's I shall not comment any further on this topic. Have you been in Shabbir's Zonda? Its fast and I have been in it personally. Have you been in Jay's Zonda? Because I have driven that car too. So if you see, your POV is limited to ONLY one well built Honda, Wolf's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post
So, all this E/B/S-Zen's and Zonda's are street legal ??
No engine swap is legal. Infact, even changing an end can or upgrading tire size is "illegal".

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
Some people say, I cant see beyond a honda, well , I very well can!
Truth is, you cant! And everyone here knows that.

Quote:
I am not one of those who goes by feel and drive cars that are elusive and nocturnal..
Dude, just because you haven't seen these cars doesn't mean they are nocturnal.

Quote:
(cuz some crazy and very powerfull cars are driven and tested by ppl here, but never turn up at any of the events, they clean sweap the streets in the midst of the dark night when no one can see it!!.
Most people don't like to come to the drags, because drag racing in India is a joke as of now. And its just that you haven't been around to see some of these cars in action.

Quote:
So I cant really say anything about that) I go by numbers and talk only about things that I have done and/or seen.
Why don't you ask your very good friends Wolf, Shan2nu about the black turbo Zonda I am talking about? They will tell you in detail how the car was. Just because you weren't around, doesn't mean these cars don't exist.

Quote:
So many of us have attended so many drag meets, show me one event when a suzi has outdone a honda, racing in the same category.
Haha! Indian open, Raj's zens can afford to give a 1 sec head start to the Honda's running in the same category. Kindly look up the best timings done in the Indian open by Raj's zen's. And compare it with the best Honda timing (apart from Madhu's). Also IIRC, Vinod Ratnam's baleno usually use to beat most of the Honda's back then too (Cola's OHC was fast again). Its only Madhu's car that is ruling the roost now, specially given that Vinod, Amit, Harsha all quit drag racing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498
Remember watching the Hyd drag where the B-zen took out the Zonda? // when? jan or the last one?//
The lat drag that just got concluded. Shabbir's zen took the lead, but eventually the Bzen beat it at the finish. Zonda wasn't running NOS, Bzen was stock I hear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498
Weirdly, the fastest drag car in India also happens to be a Bzen and not a Zonda. Wonder why? // which car are you reffering too?//
Are you new to drag racing? Because that run by Ashutosh Shetty is what many drag racers can only dream off. I am surprised you couldn't figure that one out. While you are at it, why don't you ask Sanju, why he didn't put a Honda engine into the 800 he built, why the baleno?

Quote:
// we were talking about NA b/e/twin cam zens and vtec's. From where did a turbo come into picture, so much for b/e zen's, then why wasn't this contraption done on a suzi engine. Why use a honda block//
We were talking NA "stock" engines into a zen. Until you came up with the "well built, modded NA Vtec". So its fair to compare a stock engine with a modded engine, but not fair to compare a modded NA engine with a turbo engine? Wah wah! Nice set of ground rules. Have you sat in Ashu's car? Or Sharath's? Or Keshav's? Or Tazim's? To know what a Suzi is capable of? Your expertise is just limited to Honda's and that just one if you ask me.

FYI, the owner was insistent on the engine being a Honda in that zen. In case you didn't know, there is an equally insane Bzen turbo, done by FRK that won the Nandi Hill climb.

Shrey! Get your facts right. Either your memory of drag racing is really short. Or you are conveniently forgetting it to prove your "honda is the best" point.
Old 21st August 2009, 23:59   #62
Senior - BHPian

Sigh, here we go again...

Old 22nd August 2009, 00:04   #63
BANNED

these two deserve a separate thread of their own tell you.
Old 22nd August 2009, 00:35   #64
Senior - BHPian

Atleast we should appreciate their enthu to type so much . I am getting all the gyan . Let it continue .
Old 22nd August 2009, 07:40   #65
BHPian

Nah!! I ain't that politically correct to take it on from here.. People who are smart enough got the point that I wanted to show..

Any step further will end up in increasing or awarding me with more "stars"

(check the line below my avatar on the left)

Cheers
Shrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Sigh, here we go again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacmagic View Post
these two deserve a separate thread of their own tell you.
Old 22nd August 2009, 08:20   #66
BHPian

guys, stop showing off, taunting each others and arguing over trivial things ! Take it easy ! Attitudes cause bad feeling, negativity, divisions and low turn out at meets ! In others words, Grow Up !

Have fun.

Cheers
Old 22nd August 2009, 09:44   #67
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdiatech View Post
guys, stop showing off, taunting each others and arguing over trivial things !
It wasn't showing off. Its to stop people from spreading half baked, non conclusive statements that will mislead the general people who are unaware of the background history. We have had some atrocious statements, some life threatening suggestions made by him on a few threads as "valuable suggestions" for modding their cars. Its time such things stop. This is the reason why people are scared to mod their cars.
Old 22nd August 2009, 16:07   #68
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeshan suleman View Post
I already have the esteem engine in my car, hav jus reopened it to rebore and enlarge piston size, the myth about carb being more relaible over mpfi was 1 which was heard long back, besides m worried that the ecm should not konk off in the middle of the road as it will be a used one, god knows what its gone through, besides you cant overhaul it and a new one is very exp.
What oversize pistons are you running? IMO running oversize pistons (unless you can get a spare set in ready stock in a couple of days) is quite a risky business. Incase you blow your engine (god forbid) getting hold of aftermarket pistons is a pain. I used to run 76mm pistons (1mm oversize) and had a piston ring go bust. Took me 1 month to source it, finally decided it wasn't worth it and went back to stock bore. Since then I somehow don't like the idea of overboring an engine unless you have atleast 1 set of pistons & rings in stock with you.

Are you increasing compression? I don't think an ECU can conk of just like that. I would still say go MPFI, more economical, more power (unless your running webbers or twin/quad carbs). Tuning a carb is a real pain, very few professionally sound people can manage that.
Old 22nd August 2009, 17:21   #69
Senior - BHPian

And another prob with carbs is that you need to constantly keep tuning it.

Everything from temp to altitude change can upset the settings.

I rem watching a BMI vid where a tuned carb was brought for test at a high alt track. But since the car was tuned at a lower alt, it just wasn't able to perform while the other ECU'd cars did far better.

MPFI is anyday more practical than carb.

Shan2nu
Old 22nd August 2009, 20:26   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
What oversize pistons are you running? IMO running oversize pistons (unless you can get a spare set in ready stock in a couple of days) is quite a risky business. Incase you blow your engine (god forbid) getting hold of aftermarket pistons is a pain. I used to run 76mm pistons (1mm oversize) and had a piston ring go bust. Took me 1 month to source it, finally decided it wasn't worth it and went back to stock bore. Since then I somehow don't like the idea of overboring an engine unless you have atleast 1 set of pistons & rings in stock with you.

Are you increasing compression? I don't think an ECU can conk of just like that. I would still say go MPFI, more economical, more power (unless your running webbers or twin/quad carbs). Tuning a carb is a real pain, very few professionally sound people can manage that.

i am running 0.20 oversize,i think thats 0.50mm have done the boring already, now just trying to source the mpfi parts, ive already got the ecm, manifold, injectors, now all i need is the wiring which is there is the 2nd hand market but i am scared to buy it Costs (7-10k), cause ive been told complete front to back wiring of car needs to be changed as all will have to run as per zen mpfi wiring, new wiring is v.v.v.exp, spare pistons and rings should not be a problem, i got them from sai service the authorised maruti dealer in mumbai and they said that they have good amount of stock for the same, should not be a problem in getting another pair, they said they have upto 0.50 oversize as well in stock,

i dont mind twin carb as well, but after detailed calculations we found both carbs to be touching ( both carbs calculated were zen n esteem carbs) my tuner said you can put 2 gypsy carbs and those would fit without touching, wat say ????? is the gypsy carb good ?i think the carb my tuner said was from the gypsy king ( m not sure) i dont mind buying a webber as well.. but done know whom to approach, besides ive heard webbers are v. difficult to tune, ive heard we get new webbers in india for about 40-45 but when i checked online u hardly get them for less than 250 pounds which is less INR 20,000, so guys please help, the mpfi parts ive got also havent been paid for yet so if there is a tried n tested good twin carb optiion i can always go in for it.

thanks for you help

Zeeshan
Old 22nd August 2009, 21:04   #71
Senior - BHPian

Yours is originally a carb vehicle, heh Zeeshan?
If so, tough luck, man.
Between the stock mpfi g13B vs twin-barrel weber g13b, I'd prefer the former.
But, if the vehicle was originally a carb, well, you'll have to stick to its roots.
That said, decide properly keeping budget and practicality in mind too.
Old 22nd August 2009, 22:24   #72
BANNED

Zeeshan, don't even think about going the twin/quad carb or webber way unless your tuner is really good with carbs. Carbs are a big pain to tune and to get it right. I am not much into 4x4, but given that the gypsy ran the zen and esteem engines, I am guessing the carbs must also be the same? I doubt MUL made different carbs for the same engine for the zen, esteem and the gypsy.

I would still say, go the mpfi way even if it turns out to be a little more expensive. But be sure that its done properly from someone who knows his stuff. If not you will only suffer later on. Remember the thumb rule, in trying to save a penny now, you end up losing 10 times more later on.
Old 22nd August 2009, 22:46   #73
BHPian

Modified Twin Cam Zen

Hey Guys this is my Double Carb SUZUKI 1300 TWIN CAM ZEN!!! with free flow Headers and a lovely end can in the bumper!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Zen prep for hi-performance street driving-2.jpg  

Zen prep for hi-performance street driving-1.jpg  

Old 23rd August 2009, 01:03   #74
BHPian

Good job Mr NFS, from where did you source engine?? and whats the output??
Old 23rd August 2009, 02:19   #75
Senior - BHPian

NFS is in the automobile spares business.
The twin cam G13B put out 100bhp in its stock form from the factory when fuel injected.
With his two carbs, the right jets and the state of tune (FE vs power), he should be putting out something similar. I wonder how his tuning is at the top,though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks