Team-BHP - Proposed accessory list for Baleno
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Proposed accessory list for Baleno (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/6173-proposed-accessory-list-baleno-4.html)

Hey guys,

I am new to this forum and its really nice to see so many guys with balenos out here.
I too have a baleno and with 5000 kms on the odo, i still cant manage to get into reverse easily, it drives me crazy and the stupid noise it makes when u miss the reverse, seems as if my car would crumble, but really the car is fantabulous, i drove from Dehradun ( Uttaranchal) to Hyderabad almost 1900 kms plus and the ride was so smooth, it never felt as if i had been driving for 2 days ( with night halts ofcourse)

I like everything about the car except for the tail lights, can any one tell me where can i get these replaced and also if i can get some side skirting and a better front grille,

Hi
thanx for ur advice on tyre pressure! wil try to post the pics of the 14 inchers.in the mean time
i want to paint the brake kalipers in the front and the drum on the rear red to enhance the looks . any info on this guys?

If your alloys are ok, then you can paint the callipers. It'll look ok, but the drum painting, I personally don't like. If your budget allows, get rear discs fitted and then paint those callipers too.

Hey viper did u say 200bhp??????? how can it be 200bhp??? did u mean 200kmph?

about vinod's car..i consider it best because even if he's got the most decent skirtings and alloys its the way he drives and the way that car sounds that makes it the best for me....u guys may have different preferences so u like the 91 car... am i right?

Nope, I meant 200bhp with NO2. But 200 kmh is also possible with MB 91. This car has no skirting, a Lancer spoiler, and 15 inchers. Also, as far as the exhaust goes, all I can say is, HKS baby!!!

The stock balenos are 94bhp right??? So this guys has literally spent a fortune to get so much horse power out of it??? I still cant believe 200bhp out of a 94bhp engine!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1p3r
Maintain 3 psi above normal recommended pressure.

Speedfreak, the best Baleno in Bangalore is the legend of TBHP, aka KA 03 MB 91. Would you believe over 200bhp, with nitrous?

Viper, on what basis are you suggesting this 3 psi above the normal.

I have been running the normal reccomended pressures- 29psi

Iceman - WHat is your take on this one

does anyone have a clue how much rear discs will cost on the Baleno....also would Maruti Dealers help here?.(though Brakes are so good...there seems to be no need...what the heck..if it improves looks)

Revvhead...I run 32psi on all 4 tyres. Lower tyre pressure builds up heat, leading to tyre failure. Higher pressure = lower rolling resistance = better acceleration + better FE.

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1p3r
Revvhead...I run 32psi on all 4 tyres. Lower tyre pressure builds up heat, leading to tyre failure. Higher pressure = lower rolling resistance = better acceleration + better FE.

Cool, i got that bit, but my question is more like, how did you get to that figure of 32psi as opposed to the company spec 29 psi.
At present you are running 10% more pressure than recomended, which is quite a bit

also, over inflating your tyres can also lead to uneven wear, reduced contact patch and the like,

So what i wanted to know is the Basis on which you decided to go for a 32psi figure, i have been considering increasing to 30psi so far but am presently running 29 only

What are the other baleno owners running??

i run 26-27 psi not more....on the highway i go 28 psi....
hey speedfreak..yes i know vinod very well.....both of us are baleno freaks...the difference being his car performed at the speedrun and i blew my engine...we still talk at what i could have done...but i dint prove it on the track so its still not decided who had the best baleno....and yes i spent ****loads on my car.....coming to the sad part is that i have sold it
also tthe car does close the meter pretty fast....

3psi bump up...that's how I arrived at it. But now you're got me thinking. Maybe I'll try a lower pressure! Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by carjunkie
I too have a baleno and with 5000 kms on the odo, i still cant manage to get into reverse easily, it drives me crazy and the stupid noise it makes when u miss the reverse, seems as if my car would crumble,

It just happened to me as I was leaving home after lunch. After 4 failed attempts and that kriaaaaaaaaahhhhh sound, I used just the tip of my toe to press the clutch all the way and then it fell into reverse... :uncontrol

Hey iceman i didnt mean your car was not good...its a really good car but i liked Vinod's because of the nice header sound and the clean white look with hardly any stickers on it ...that stands out with Vinod's car...Many people who do up the cars really make it look jazzy and stuff but simplicity with performance attracts me...

So the KA-03-MB-91 car is yours huh??? Moonbeam silver colour right??? Just saw it this evening....I picked up one of the same colour from Davengere day before for peanuts....

I know Vinod coz he comes once in a while to play snooker at my cousin bro's parlour....he might not know me very well but says hi everytime we meet...

Hey revvhead its actually ok to put around 3psi above normal on low-pro wheels....when i got bridgestones for my earlier car the dealer himself told me to put 32psi on all the tyres so no big risk...