Team-BHP - Proposed accessory list for Baleno
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Proposed accessory list for Baleno (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/6173-proposed-accessory-list-baleno-5.html)

man vinod and me go a long way back...no hard feelings...feels good that both have good cars...no offense meant and none taken.

Doesn't Vinod have the Elantra lights for the Scooby look? Quite cool.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chetanhanda
All of you "baleno" guys need to have a look at this link...
http://www.clubaleno.co.uk/

Thanks dude...that was helpfull

that is a good forum...am registered their for a while now....not much activity compared to TBHP though!!!!

hey. I am buying the Baleno within a week,i have already decided on the car but don't like the front end too much, could it be improved without forking out too much:-( in Delhi and also where can i get a spoiler and how much is it going to cost me.

Good to know so many lovers of the Baleno everywhere in the world

wooow all baleno heads together here.....
i did c that baleno with teh elantra headlights at speed run.....hard to believe there is sooo much under the hood of that car.....there was also a cherry red baleno with a meshed grille any info bout that car....also anybody can help me with a meshed grille in mumbai...?????

Hey iceman seriously i didnt mean to say anythng wrong man...i know u guys must be really good friends from long back...but never seen u or your car (till yesterday) so dont know much about you and your car...

I would anyway like to congratulate u on doing an amazing job with your car... I've never really had a car which i could call my own till a few days back but i know when u own a thing how u would like to do it up well and be appreciated...U guys really know cars man its like i literally consider you'll the baleno role models here in bangalore....so....

Anyway i hope u guys dont mind me taking a few ideas after looking at your cars and hopefully after i get mine i'll meet u guys sometime to pay my respects and take a few suggestions too...though i'll never be allowed to take part in drags like you'll i'll probably be just ripping around town...ha ha ha

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedfreak7116
Hey revvhead its actually ok to put around 3psi above normal on low-pro wheels....when i got bridgestones for my earlier car the dealer himself told me to put 32psi on all the tyres so no big risk...

Cool, but no one has yet to give a decent reason as to why that figure

And as far as dealers go, no offence but they aint the technically most adept!!
Someone here was quoting their dealer as having taken his Alloys off his skoda and put in steel wheels etc etc.
On matters as these, i tend not to take too much heed of the dealers advice
I have heard some real howlers from various dealers of various cars.
One even tried to tell me My front suspension sound was coming as my tyres were wider!!!!! than the originals. thats wheni had to point out the Total dia was the same.

Some of their workshop guys know their stuff but not all of them!

basically what i was asking for was a sound reason (technical or based on experience) as to why yoou should run 32 psi.
Not just a guess as to it seems like a nice number!

What advantages does it have?? Does it improve your ride comfort?
Handling? Prevent Rim damage? improved FE, Is it a really appreciable change, can you actually feel it, or is it all only theory ( Eg, when i went from Tubed to Tubeless radials, i Could immediately feel a huge difference)- all these things have to factor,
else why go 10% above manufacturers settings

10%, I'm not too worried about that. In absolute terms, which I think is more important at these figures, 3psi is ok. I know a lot of people who run this sort of extra pressure for a long time, on some good tyres (Certis etc), and have amazing results.

On my own ride, I can't comment on difference, because the tyres were changed pronto, but stock Balenos at stock pressure definitely don't feel as bouncy.

Increasing the tyre pressure does not affect the wearing of the tyres. if they're fixed properly then the wear should be evenly balanced.

When the pressure is increased the tyres are kind of harder so u might feel a little more bumpy then usual but it certainly increases the pick up because of lesser drag by the tyres and handling is hardly affected. The car will be bumpy at high speeds but will not make it unstable and prone to swaying.

many people i have asked like dealers,mechanics and technicians have told me the incresing the psi a little will now make a big difference. its only if u really increase the psi a lot that there's the risk of losing your tyres much earlier than expected.

Hi guys,
I've fitted the stock K&N air filter in my baleno today, the pick up seems to have increasd.
i wud like to know if i need to disconnect the battery for a while , so that the ECU readjusts , or can i jus' carry on. ur feedback wil be appreciated.

actually stock replacemne tit aint necessary but no harm in doing it...go ahead and give it a shot nothing to lose

thanx, iceman i'll do it

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceman91
actually stock replacemne tit aint necessary but no harm in doing it...go ahead and give it a shot nothing to lose

Ice - could you clarify further, advise-
I have a K&N universal on the car-
Whats the deal with disonnecting the battery et all???
Whats the funda, & what does one have to do??
Thanks
Revvhead

the ecm in the baleno has a self learning curve like all OBD-1 series. that is you can "flash" its memory by disconnecting the battery AND holding the two terminals of the car together (not the battery!!!) this discharges the current completely and on reconnecting the ecm is in "learn" mode...you are suppose to drive the car hard for about 20 min and then switch off and switch on. now the settings are stored. these are the basic settings of air flow,throttle,exhaust etc.
so what wild card wanted to know was should he do this since he had replaced his filter. I said go ahead since there is no harm in doing it.