Team-BHP - Proposed accessory list for Baleno
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Proposed accessory list for Baleno (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/6173-proposed-accessory-list-baleno.html)

Now that the tyre upsizing issue has been sorted out (In this thread), it is time to finalize everything else on the accessories front. This is what I have boiled down to:

1. MGA security system - Rs. 5900
2. Sony XPlod CD/MP3 music system with 2 front + 2 rear speakers - Rs. 11,250
3. Fabric seat covers with extra cushioning - Rs.2500 (Actual cost 4500, getting 2000 off on this)
4. Dicky mats - Thrown in for free (costs Rs.600/-)
5. Body cover - Rs.1850

Total: Rs. 21,500/-

Maybe one or two little things left out. All these are from the dealer himself, so they will be fitted in the showroom before delivery. What do you guys think? Can I get better deals elsewhere?

Is there anything else worth having that I have left out? Most everyone on these forums seem against Teflon coating and underbody coating, so I guess I wont be going for it.

Try and get the security system thrown in for free. Also an underbody epoxy coating is a good idea, also free. Go for Pioneer, rather than Sony. All this from experience.

The dealer had a near heart-attack over the "free" security system! I asked!! :) I was on the phone with him when you posted and just mentioned it to him and he very nearly croaked. lol.

About the Sony, the Pioneer with the exact same features seems to be around 1500 more. Do you think it is still worth it? By the way, what is the deal about round rear speakers and oval ones? Which ones are better? The oval ones are costlier by far but are they so much better?

Go for oval speakers at the rear, size 6x9.
I have shortlisted Pioneer 6990 and Alpine.
Even I am going for Sony HU and sony round 4" round speakers in the front.
Along with sony subwoofer and amp.

BTW, which sony mp3 player model are you buying?
And also, arn't you getting the black centre console replaced with the silver finish one?

No, I actually liked the black one better than the silver one in the Vxi. Gives a more blended-in look to the console. The silver kinda jars with the surrounding, if you ask me. Well, each to his own...

I dont remember the exact model number of the Sony MP3 player, but it is the one which has a huge display and the whole unit tilts forward so that you can put the CD in the tray. Nice effect, that. It also comes with digital sound enhancer, graphic equalizers, etc. The head unit costs around 8500/- and the 4" round front speakers around 1200/-. I looked at the rear speakers but haven't decided on that yet. The oval ones cost around 3250/- and the round ones around 1800/-. You think I should go for the oval ones? The dealer was talking about the round holes already existing for the rear speakers and if I wanted to install the oval ones, some additional cuts had to be made. Is this true? So what if he has to cut it anyway?

What about sunfilm dude? Especially the front screen sunfilm. It keeps the car so cool, reduces A/C cost and increases FE.

Go for the oval one.. 6990 is I think 5 way speakers.. so it takes care of all frequencies. I have 6980 (4 way).. and it rocks. Believe me it's really worth spending that extra 1500 Rs for oval speakers.
Also when you are fitting the speakers.. use the MDF box fitting (or whateever they call it) for rear speakers.. You will get better affect.. compared to just speaker inserted in a hole.. search in t-bhp.. plenty of advise available on fitting.

Pioneer 5750 head unit and TS-6990 rears are what I run in my Baleno, and you hardly ever miss a subwoofer with those rears! Try Oxygen components for the front.

Get all music from outside, but installed at the dealer. No warranty hassles.

What colour are you buying, and which dealer is this?

Nobody investing in a spoiler?! Surprising! Since the ugly rear of the Baleno has always been a point of contention. The lancer spoiler looks damn good IMO...

Anyways, I have Pioneer 5750 and 6990s in my Baleno too. And yes, they do rock! :)
For the silver finish center console, I paid only Rs. 500.....And alloys and tyres set me back by 30K (after exchange with original tyres).

I have 195/60 R14s and get a FE of ~11 Kmpl.

Hope this helps....

~Sonic

@v1p3r, the car is Pearl Silver and the dealer is Sagar Automobiles on Bannerghatta Road.

I had a look at the Pioneer head units but almost all of them are more expensive than the Sony. Of course, I checked only at the dealer. I will go look at other places today. Which seller do you recommend?

@sonic, no I'm not investing on a spoiler. The back end of the Baleno is ugly and will remain ugly whatever we do to it, IMO. The spoiler on the Vxi model doesn't do much to pretty up the rear end, so I might as well use the money for something else.

@samurai, which sunfilm do you recommend? They seem to have a bewildering variety and price range. Do you recommend the photochromatic ones or the plain dark ones? Brand?

Guys, I need to finalize on all this by tomorrow, so please put in your two cents worth ASAP.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stryker
@samurai, which sunfilm do you recommend? They seem to have a bewildering variety and price range. Do you recommend the photochromatic ones or the plain dark ones? Brand?

Check this link, it will fully clear your doubts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonic
Nobody investing in a spoiler?! Surprising! Since the ugly rear of the Baleno has always been a point of contention. The lancer spoiler looks damn good IMO...

For the silver finish center console, I paid only Rs. 500.....

~Sonic

Hi sonic, where did u get your silver finish console from? Dealer or from somewhere else??
Also, i asked the dealer and he said that its not a separate fitting but just a layer of silver paint.
Please give your coments.

And about the spoiler, again, did u get it fitted from the dealer or from outside. And what did it cost you?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stryker
No, I actually liked the black one better than the silver one in the Vxi. Gives a more blended-in look to the console. The silver kinda jars with the surrounding, if you ask me. Well, each to his own...

I dont remember the exact model number of the Sony MP3 player, but it is the one which has a huge display and the whole unit tilts forward so that you can put the CD in the tray. Nice effect, that. It also comes with digital sound enhancer, graphic equalizers, etc. The head unit costs around 8500/- and the 4" round front speakers around 1200/-. I looked at the rear speakers but haven't decided on that yet. The oval ones cost around 3250/- and the round ones around 1800/-. You think I should go for the oval ones? The dealer was talking about the round holes already existing for the rear speakers and if I wanted to install the oval ones, some additional cuts had to be made. Is this true? So what if he has to cut it anyway?

Definately go for Oval speakers at the rear. And as I mentioned before, check out Pioneer 6990/691. They are really good.
Even my car is pearl silver. So let me know when you have finally decided on all accessories that your are getting fitted on your car.
I'll get the delivery this Friday.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai
Check this link, it will fully clear your doubts.

Thanks, samurai. That thread certainly cleared up things for me regarding the sunfilm.

Considering the weather here throughout the year, we will probably use the AC maybe two months in a year (April/May) at the max. I'll go with the Garware film for the side windows and rear screen and will keep the front clear (i.e., no sunfilm in the front).

So my finalized accesory list is as follows:

1. MGA security system - Rs. 5900
2. Sony XPlod CD/MP3 music system with 2 front + 2 rear oval speakers - Rs. 12,750
3. Fabric seat covers with extra cushioning - Rs.2500 (Actual cost 4500, getting 2000 off on this)
4. Dicky mats - Thrown in for free (costs Rs.600/-)
5. Body cover - Rs.1850
6. Garware tinted suncontrol films on side and rear - Rs. 3200/- (to be confirmed)

Total cost: Rs.26,200/-

@arup10, this is my finalized list. Please post yours.