Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2009, 00:46   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Head View Post
I had stock replacement in Indigo/Santro, and Conical one (K & N Extreme series) in Indica/Swift and SX4. Had tested the same in Scorpio but now sold that one.
but then what about your earlier post where you say theres a huge improvement with cai? but you didnt even have a cai?

what i meant earlier was that on our measly 100bhp cars a cai will not make a perceivable difference over a normal conical. of course changing the air filter in itself does improve the performance a tiny bit.

OT - but in my innova after using the green storm cai i moved to the stock replacement and the performance is just the same and the noise much less. maybe the green storm is too small for a turbocharged 2.5l engine.
Old 24th August 2009, 01:04   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
but then what about your earlier post where you say theres a huge improvement with cai? but you didnt even have a cai?

what i meant earlier was that on our measly 100bhp cars a cai will not make a perceivable difference over a normal conical. of course changing the air filter in itself does improve the performance a tiny bit.

OT - but in my innova after using the green storm cai i moved to the stock replacement and the performance is just the same and the noise much less. maybe the green storm is too small for a turbocharged 2.5l engine.
Please read my posts carefully before commenting. I had stock replacement filters for Indigo and Santro and complete CAI kit (with K & N extreme filters) in Indica/Swift/Scorpio and K & N Extreme filter (without cai) in SX4.
The size/model of the filter is largely dependent on the engine size of the vehicle you chose. e.g Size of filter for Indica and Swift is quite same but for SX4 it was quite large and even larger for Scorpio.
So perhaps you are not using the correct filter for your Innova (even the strom/tycoon kit has a smaller filter).
As for Green Filters, to be honest I did not had a nice experience/review from anyone. Tried it in Scorpio once but it was a total failure, so switched to K & N for better.
Old 29th September 2009, 14:53   #18
BHPian

The filter is all clogged by usual dirt/dust/grim and the performance is nothing remarkable to talk about :(
Old 7th October 2009, 00:20   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DineshKanna View Post
I was also trying to find K&N replacement for my SX4 but i was not able to get in chennai. What i came to know from K&N website is that they have not started manufacturing the K&N replacement filter for 1.6L SX4.

If somebody has updated information, i would request them to share.
K & N stock replacement filters are available for the SX4, have a look:

Product Specifications:

Part Number: 33-2954
Product Style: Panel Air Filter
Height: 1.125 in (29 mm)
Outside Length: 8.75 in (222 mm)
Outside Width: 4.75 in (121 mm)
Filter Re-Oiling Amount: 0.58 oz (17 ml)
Weight: 0.8 lb (0.3 kg)
Product Box Length: 7.72 in (196 mm)
Product Box Width: 1.75 in (44 mm)
Product Box Height: 13.56 in (345 mm)

Source LINK: 33-2954 - K&N Replacement Filters, Replacement Air Filter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Head View Post
I have finally got the K & N installed in my SX4. Pics to be followed very soon.
Special thanks to smokin for providing the reference.

Sir, can we have the Pictures !!!
Old 29th October 2009, 10:35   #20
BHPian

I was going thru the K&N website and i was unable to find the Filter for Maruti Suzuki SX4, What they have is only for the 2.0L engine but not for the 1.6L
Attached Thumbnails
K & N Filter for SX4-knn.jpg  

Old 29th October 2009, 15:18   #21
BHPian

^True its not available on website as well as performance fitters.
Old 29th October 2009, 15:53   #22
BHPian

Ok guys, after much deliberation I installed the Green Storm filter in my car. The sensor did pose a bit of a problem but was rectified at the hands of Performance Auto in Noida. Performance has gone up, the sound is exhilirating. All in all, a damn good purchase!!
Old 29th October 2009, 15:56   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantnehru View Post
Ok guys, after much deliberation I installed the Green Storm filter in my car. The sensor did pose a bit of a problem but was rectified at the hands of Performance Auto in Noida. Performance has gone up, the sound is exhilirating. All in all, a damn good purchase!!
Would appreciate if you can provide us the picture of the install and how you have installed.
Old 29th July 2011, 17:04   #24
BHPian

Re: K & N Filter for SX4

Dear BHPians,

Anyone recently got air filters put on their SX4 in Bangalore? Am looking at K&N or Green - please share the shop/person name

Vivek

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks