Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2009, 14:03   #1
BHPian

At-home Car Polishing Service?

I used to have a guy who'd come home and polish my cars. He'd charge me about 500 bucks, and would do EVERYTHING - body polish, interior shampoo, dash polish, tyre polish, engine bay cleaning... everything. By the end of it, the car would be spotless, inside and out. And he'd even bring his own materials.

Now the problem is this guy is no longer around. Anyone know of someone in Bombay who does the same thing at roughly the same rates? I live at worli, FYI.
Old 16th July 2009, 14:07   #2
BHPian

You can try these guys out-
Welcome to Wash-OnSpot | Professional Car Care Service | Affordable Price
Old 16th July 2009, 14:07   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

I saw this site called Wash On Spot

I think they are based out of Mumbai and may be the option you are looking out for.
Old 16th July 2009, 14:17   #4
BHPian

Thanks Khan, DJ. Their website only lists an email address and a short code for SMS, but I'll give them a try.

Anyone else got any other suggestions?
Old 19th July 2009, 15:51   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Ghostrider, 500 bucks for a complete wax job must have been a pretty long time back

The cheapest I've paid in recent times is about 1,200 bucks. You might want to check out this thread. Some relevant responses:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
It was time to get the Indigo polished, so I had Vinod come by for the job yesterday. I must admit, for the price (Rs.1,200), he has done a fantastic job. Three of his boys waxed and cleant the Indigo away to glory, with liberal use of 3M and Armorall branded products. They started early morning (830ish) and completed the car by 3 p.m. I wouldn't use his services for the Benz or other expensive cars, but his job is appropriate for C segment sedans.

Thanks for sharing the contact, Maverick.
Quote:
Maverick, I recently got my ride detailed, and researched a LOT before zero'ing in on these chaps. Excellent job and highly recommended:

Exteriors : Pervez @ Mazda Motors : 2353.7560 / 2493.1708

Interiors : Sachin @ Rhyme and Rhythm : 98201.84442. His boys spent an entire day on my interiors, and got the soiled (brown) finish back to a brand new beige.
I've also got the Benz detailed twice & the Honda once by Jehangir (Kamyo Detailers) Good quality & typical Parsi attention-to-detail...Jehangir comes by himself to oversee the job. Phone 2353.4496 / 98214.48048.

Last edited by GTO : 24th July 2009 at 10:58. Reason: Adding contact
Old 19th July 2009, 18:36   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
I used to have a guy who'd come home and polish my cars. He'd charge me about 500 bucks, and would do EVERYTHING - body polish, interior shampoo, dash polish, tyre polish, engine bay cleaning... everything. By the end of it, the car would be spotless, inside and out. And he'd even bring his own materials.

Now the problem is this guy is no longer around. Anyone know of someone in Bombay who does the same thing at roughly the same rates? I live at worli, FYI.
did this guy used a polishing machine or just did everything by hand?

here is one guy i know who left his job in Dubai and went home to open up his business.

MaxShine™, Thane - MaxShine™_services, Automotive detailing service, Car care
Old 19th July 2009, 18:50   #7
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know of a Pune service of this kind? Quality care at home would be very good value for the price mentioned.
Old 19th July 2009, 18:59   #8
BHPian

Anyone who does it in Delhi please ?
Old 19th July 2009, 19:10   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Head View Post
i almost opened, but then did a survey and found people with expensive cars unwilling to shell out money to maintain their car.

they were happy with their servant/driver cleaning the car every morning with a bucket of water and surf!
Old 19th July 2009, 19:18   #10
Senior - BHPian

I would reconsider - I would pay for this on a once in 6 months basis, for sure. My cars get washed every day, but I still drive them on to a ramp for a pressure wash once in a couple of months. Getting a high quality detailing job done, at home, would be a no brainer. Provided, quality of work and materials used was a given - that is where things always fall apart in India over time.
Old 20th July 2009, 10:46   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Head View Post
Just yesterday I had a pamphlet in the mail from a company in Hauz Khas which claimed they will provide the service at your doorstep. IIRC, they are charging 1,500 bucks (this is for a hatch, sedans start from 1,800 onwards) for an annual contract for 5 services which will include, Exterior and Interior cleaning, Dashboard polish, Engine bay cleaning etc etc.

Let me reach home tonight and post the details.
Old 20th July 2009, 10:50   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Ghostrider, 500 bucks for a complete wax job must have been a pretty long time back

The cheapest I've paid in recent times is about 1,200 bucks. You might want to check out this thread. Some relevant responses:
Thanks a lot GTO. I went through the car detailing thread before posting my query, but couldn't find the information I needed. I'll check out the contacts you've posted and see what they offer, and what their rates are.
Old 20th July 2009, 11:46   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
Just yesterday I had a pamphlet in the mail from a company in Hauz Khas which claimed they will provide the service at your doorstep. IIRC, they are charging 1,500 bucks (this is for a hatch, sedans start from 1,800 onwards) for an annual contract for 5 services which will include, Exterior and Interior cleaning, Dashboard polish, Engine bay cleaning etc etc.

Let me reach home tonight and post the details.
Please PM me the details of the same.
Thanks in advance.
Old 20th July 2009, 13:33   #14
Team-BHP Support

No PM. Please put it on the forum. Lot of people, including me, may need it
Old 20th July 2009, 17:18   #15
Senior - BHPian

The Hauz Khas company, is it some Korea Sunshine? I got a call from them a quarter ago and they said 300 bucks for Santro Xing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks