Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2005, 09:23   #1
BHPian

Urgent Info - Car Accessories Dealers in Town

Hey guys... need some urgent gyaan... I need to urgently purchase rubber mats and fog lamps for my Baleno... urgency on account of the current state of monsoons in mumbai and pune and my upcoming trip to Mahabaleshwar this weekend...

The run-up days to the trip being working days, i need to try and arrange these from a dealer in the churhgate/fort/colaba/cuffe-parade area... hence need info on good accessories dealers in this area...

While rubber mats would be more of commodity type purchase, i am focussed on a "Clear Lens" kinda set of fog lamps...

Please help..

cheers
Old 22nd June 2005, 09:30   #2
BHPian

hey dude
go to lamingtin road you will get everything possible there youll get rubber mats 400 onwards there you can check out sainath car acceries as for foglamps hellas are the best... but depends on what size fogs you want still you can check out the fogs there...
Old 22nd June 2005, 09:50   #3
BHPian

The biggest issue with Lamington is the parking.... and the traffic... Had given it a thought.. but then i havent had great experiences in my previous trips there and frankly didnt find the cost factor to be worth it...

I am looking at quickie.. since i'll have to step out during office hours to get this done...

cheers
Old 22nd June 2005, 11:25   #4
Senior - BHPian

go to rhyme and rhythm at colaba.pricing is a little high but the goods and services are excellent !!

pm me if you want more details regarding phone no. and directions.

Rev
Old 22nd June 2005, 14:38   #5
Team-BHP Support

Hi Vivaid,

Firstly, let me tell you that the "fog-lights" you are thinking of are not going to be of any true advantage to you in mahabhleshwar or in fog anywhere. They are more cosmetic than anything else... 17watt bulbs usually... (in comparison to the average low-beam which is 55w), so even though they in theory may work as fog lights, they just arent powerful enough.
Rhyme n rhythm @ sasoon docks is a place close by.

Also check out this useful thread on driving in the fog.

cya
R
cya
R
Old 22nd June 2005, 15:46   #6
Team-BHP Support

Rehaan, fog lights are not supposed to substitute your main beams. They are supposed to be of lesser or at the most equal wattage to your main beams (But I'm sure you already knew that ). The point is they have a wide spread which falls low and closer to the car, helping you see a bit better, but more importantly helping others see you!

I'm sure they would help in the hillstations. I know the ones on my car made a big difference on a foggy night drive.
Old 22nd June 2005, 16:21   #7
Senior - BHPian

http://www.gi.alaska.edu/ScienceForum/ASF5/593.html

http://www.vclassics.com/archive/lightprn.htm

Last edited by speedsatya : 22nd June 2005 at 16:24.
Old 22nd June 2005, 19:51   #8
Senior - BHPian

i know of last year i drove to m'blshwar in the rains and if i didnt have my fogs, i wouldnt be able to see 5 feet ahead of me. Thanks to them fogs i could see the edge of the winding ghat roads(Mahad) or it couldve been curtains for me . Definately recommend them on a foggy night when ur beams are practically useless as fogs throw an almost straight beam and dont spread as mush as your car lights.
Old 23rd June 2005, 09:23   #9
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16
i know of last year i drove to m'blshwar in the rains and if i didnt have my fogs, i wouldnt be able to see 5 feet ahead of me. Thanks to them fogs i could see the edge of the winding ghat roads(Mahad) or it couldve been curtains for me . Definately recommend them on a foggy night when ur beams are practically useless as fogs throw an almost straight beam and dont spread as mush as your car lights.

Hey V-16,

I agree with what you said, but would only like to specify that yellow lights would improve visibility in fogs and not the white lights.

Viper
Old 23rd June 2005, 10:09   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Definately recommend them on a foggy night when ur beams are practically useless as fogs throw an almost straight beam and dont spread as mush as your car lights.
Its actually the other way around. Fog's throw a broad spread close to the car.
Old 23rd June 2005, 20:33   #11
Team-BHP Support

Hey guys,

I know the importance of fog lights and have seen them work well, due to the wide spread, low beam (below the fog), and light colour (colour =wavelength which penetrates fog better) etc.
My post was kinda aimed at vivaid in particular because he said he wanted to fit them on his baleno, and i imagined he was talking about those small in-the-bumper foglights, and not like the octi or disco foggies (probably 55w H1s on the octi? and similar wattage on the disco?)
In which case i dont think the ones vivaid is looking at make a huge difference because even on a dark fogless night they do not have the power to visibly light the road in most cases. However the point rtech makes is true, that the advantage will be that the little foggies will make your car visible without causing that wall of blinding light that the headlights normally do in the fog, but still not really worth that extra money over your pilot lights.

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd June 2005 at 20:40.
Old 23rd June 2005, 22:02   #12
Senior - BHPian

Theres 'rhyme n rhythm' just ahead of sasoon docks towards colaba post office. And theres another smaller shop 'Aseatomat' just on the right side of the main sasoon docks gate.

But lamington road would be cheaper...if you are buying in colaba...be prepared to shell out more.

Drifter
Old 24th June 2005, 01:14   #13
Senior - BHPian

Try rhyme n rhythm.The service is good,but a little expensive though if compared to Lamington road.Try and go to Lamington if you can.Better pricing and best of the stuff,and most importantly 'variety'.

X
Old 24th June 2005, 13:06   #14
AGP
BHPian

Hey guys,

I have booked Swift, can you suggest me Accessories shop near to chembur or in new bombay..thanks
Old 4th July 2005, 02:25   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaid
Hey guys... need some urgent gyaan... I need to urgently purchase rubber mats and fog lamps for my Baleno... urgency on account of the current state of monsoons in mumbai and pune and my upcoming trip to Mahabaleshwar this weekend...

The run-up days to the trip being working days, i need to try and arrange these from a dealer in the churhgate/fort/colaba/cuffe-parade area... hence need info on good accessories dealers in this area...

While rubber mats would be more of commodity type purchase, i am focussed on a "Clear Lens" kinda set of fog lamps...

Please help..

cheers
Vivek,
the MGA kit for fog lamps is 12.8K as I enquired with the dealer....and he would not fit Swift fog lamps (thot they will be cheaper) in my Baleno...also there is the fear of warranty getting void if you install aftermarket stuff...do let me know what is it that you ultimately did as I also own a Lxi

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks