Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2010, 11:05   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 3M Paint Protection V/s Waxoyl V/s Dupont Teflon V/s Jewel Ultra Diamond Brite

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakmuzik View Post
Hello guys. After going through almost the whole thread, i am even more confused. Please help me. I am getting my car delivered today. I do not want the dealer to do the "Teflon" which actually is according to them, 3M Paint Protection coating. I contacted Car Palace, Trivandrum, which is supposed to be a reputed car accessories shop here. They claim to have original Dupont Teflon coating. Should i go for it? Or should i stick on to some good wax which i shall apply once in 4 months or so? If so, which brand can i go for? Also, is it better to get the underbody protection coating done from the dealership or outside? The dealer is quoting Rs.2500 with a warranty of 2 years. Please enlighten me!

Teflon coating is just a hogwash.This much you should have realized after reading through this forum.See a new car has enough shine and 3M wont do any difference to it.I suggest you buy a good wax and wash and wax your car every month.That would be more than sufficient.You can go for 3M treatment after a year
Old 25th December 2010, 00:10   #137
BHPian

Re: 3M Paint Protection V/s Waxoyl V/s Dupont Teflon V/s Jewel Ultra Diamond Brite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Teflon coating is just a hogwash.This much you should have realized after reading through this forum.See a new car has enough shine and 3M wont do any difference to it.I suggest you buy a good wax and wash and wax your car every month.That would be more than sufficient.You can go for 3M treatment after a year
Thank you. So I will do just waxing right now. And btw, which brand is better in the case of wax? And will waxing help in easier removal of bird droppings, etc?
Old 25th December 2010, 11:02   #138
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. So I will do just waxing right now. And btw, which brand is better in the case of wax? And will waxing help in easier removal of bird droppings, etc?
The waxes you normally get here are formula1 and turtle wax.they are not that good.The Formula1 has a lot of fakes.Best bet is turtle wax.

If u want pure wax then buy collinite 845 from BBimpex
www.bringingbest.com, New Delhi, India

If you have someone comng from the US then you can get the meguiars tech wax or collinite from there.it works out way cheaper

To some extent waxing helps because it forms a layer of protection between your car paint and the environment.You can remove dirt easily
Old 25th December 2010, 12:19   #139
BHPian

Let me try to summarise and reduce the confusion. I am posting the same earlier information with a bit of know-how in correct order.

1) Teflon coating is just a hogwash, so just forget it.

2) Antirust/underbody treatment is not needed unless you stay in coastal areas, optionally you can forget it.

3) For Paint Protection use only good reputed brands like Meguire, Pinnacle, 3M, Collinite, Dodo, Klasse etc. (there are many products, refer below threads for more accurate product results and information).

As Nirmal said earlier the basic steps that needs to follow for Best results are
  1. Washing - with car shampoo to remove all dirt & dust
  2. Claying - To remove the above surface bonded contaminants (tree sap, bird poo, brake dust, etc)
  3. Compounding - To remove deeper scratches, swirl marks
  4. Polish/Cleaner wax - To clean & nourish the paint
  5. Sealant - To seal the paint & protect it from the elements with a shine !
  6. Wax/Insulator Wax - provide gloss & depth
Just to cut the discussion short, if you dont want to be taken for ride in Surface and Paint protection then refer the following threads for more information & product details.
Also checkout results posted by various individuals after advice from detailing Guru's.

These high quality threads which will give you all the know-how are

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...edge-home.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ite-845-a.html

Not to forget Sohail99, Nirmaljusdoit, MKH are the local T-BHP Gurus of Surface & Paint treatment though they modestly claim not be so; believe me when they say a word its a word from Bible in context with Surface & Paint protection.

Last but not the least all these cost a fraction if you compare the ammount of product consumedin the process than paying outside. Most of these tasks can be carried out by hand (i.e. without machine) with couple of hours of efforts. If you are passionate in this then you will really enjoy it doing youself and then watch the dazzeling results later.

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 25th December 2010 at 12:28.
Old 25th December 2010, 13:08   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
If you have someone comng from the US then you can get the meguiars tech wax or collinite from there.it works out way cheaper
Meg Tech WAX is available in 3M exclusive shop in HSR Layout.
Old 25th December 2010, 13:59   #141
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Meg Tech WAX is available in 3M exclusive shop in HSR Layout.
But he stays in trivandrum raghu!
Old 25th December 2010, 18:25   #142
BHPian

Iam just giving him an option of getting them
From bangalore rather than shipping it from US
Old 25th December 2010, 22:05   #143
BHPian

@sagarpadaki, RemingtonSteele and @raghu230506 : Thanks a lot for the suggestions. Let me see if anyone i know can help me get the Meg Tech Wax!Someone whom i know should be living at least in Bangalore.

I should not have done the body treatment in my Nano. Have not observed anything great after the treatment. And waxing the car would also give me a good exercise isn't it? I surely have to thank you once again.
Old 26th December 2010, 09:50   #144
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
@sagarpadaki, RemingtonSteele and @raghu230506 : Thanks a lot for the suggestions. Let me see if anyone i know can help me get the Meg Tech Wax!Someone whom i know should be living at least in Bangalore.

I should not have done the body treatment in my Nano. Have not observed anything great after the treatment. And waxing the car would also give me a good exercise isn't it? I surely have to thank you once again.
Yes washing and waxing your car will not only be a good exercise but also will give you immense satisfaction.
Old 28th December 2010, 15:07   #145
BHPian

Just finished with detailing of my taffeta white ANHC.

Process followed (All by hand):
0) Plain water wash.
1) Trutle Wax Platinum Series Performance Car wash.
2) Claying (meguiars clay kit).
3) Paint Sealent - Meguiars NXT TechWax2.0 (2 coats - in between curing time of 12 hours).
4) Insulator Wax - Collinite (2 coats - in between curing time of 12 hours).

Worked on each panel-by-panel and all this took me over one week.

Before continuing with between steps the car was cleaned with plain water wash or sometimes just California duster.

Please checkout the pics in the post
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post2189204

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 28th December 2010 at 15:10.
Old 6th January 2011, 00:12   #146
Senior - BHPian

Re: Waxoyl Paint Protection in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
Recently I started feeling that the gloss that was there on my Polo when I received it was diminishing day by day. The car looked a lot duller after only a couple of weeks even though I had been using the Jopasu duster and the car had only been washed twice the entire time.
a job done in a very unprofessional manner. the paint sealant applied in an uncontrolled environment!

i do not have any doubts on the Waxoyl product, but the way it was done in an open area, shows the professionalism of the Orange care!

anyway can you guys guess whats in this photo? it was a test vehicle we did for a honda dealer.
Attached Thumbnails
3M Paint Protection V/s Waxoyl V/s Dupont Teflon V/s Jewel Ultra Diamond Brite-te-pdi-ja2.jpg  

Parm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2011, 07:34   #147
BHPian

Wow Parm !

This is a lovely pic

Can you please elaborate what is the process followed ? Was it treatment done for a new car ?
Old 7th January 2011, 01:39   #148
Senior - BHPian

hi nirmal,

thanks for the appreciation on the job.

well i cant really disclose what the process is to make a car shine like that, but whatever the process does is in front of you.

we have special chemicals and a certain process is followed to use those chemicals. these chemicals are not DIY, but professional use only.

here are few more from my training to toyota kuwait.

you can actually see the high level of gloss and shine after the treatment.
Attached Thumbnails
3M Paint Protection V/s Waxoyl V/s Dupont Teflon V/s Jewel Ultra Diamond Brite-01.jpg  

3M Paint Protection V/s Waxoyl V/s Dupont Teflon V/s Jewel Ultra Diamond Brite-02.jpg  

Parm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2011, 15:24   #149

Jopasu car care systems based in Pune have an exterior treatment program, what they call as the 'Ultracoat Plan'.Have any fellow Bhpians based in Pune tried it out ? Appreciate your experience/inputs about the same.I recently bought a pre-owned car, which is not in a bad shape cosmetically, but has gone through the normal abuse that our climate/traffic conditions impart to a 3 year old vehicle and was thinking of pampering it with a 'facial' ! The Jopasu plan sounds technically correct going through the sequence of wash and dry - clay if required - rubbing compound used for minor to moderate scratches -machine polish with ploymer fortified polish - and then the final ultracoat applied which is a P.T.F.E. fortified paint sealant with antistatic polymer to give the final deep shine.Gurus / members who have had experience with Jopasu, request your advice/inputs before proceeding on above.
Old 26th January 2011, 00:01   #150
Senior - BHPian

^^ go for it. very good products. i am using the ultracoat.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks