Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2009, 07:18   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
My car is showing off its swirl marks after my driver ruined the paint and the swirls are even more worse at night under the street lights. So, i plan to get professional help.

Should i go for 3m swirl removal? Or anything else?
3M India: Minor Scratch/Swirl Removal

just go in for some good polishing! yes you could try 3M
Old 12th August 2009, 20:08   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
i have a free teflon coating on my fiesta (which I shall book in the next 2-3 days)
should I do it? Or just throw the coupon away?
Frank, save your new car's clearcoat!! Throw that coupon away. Far away.

That 'teflon' only lasts a few months but once gone your paint will be naked and very vulnerable to swirls and scratches. This teflon crap is a con job. Read about it elsewhere on the net if you wish. I've been ripped off twice and sworn never to fall for this again.

Rgds,

Last edited by R2D2 : 12th August 2009 at 20:09.
Old 25th October 2009, 00:00   #93
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Sorry for going OT. but just a para about silicone polish.
I have been using waxpol silicone polish on my cars and it provides a fabulous shine and protection. it is a licquid, easy to apply and just wipe off. It lasts 2-3 months and I easily know when to repolish due to water evenly wetting the paint surface and not forming droplets.
HOWEVER, If it accidentally gets onto your front windshild (eg from a cloth you have used on the body and then on the windshield) it causes streaks which are impossible to remove and cause visibility problems in rains esp at night. Thus my new vdi will see only turtle or other good quality wax
The best silicone polish in the market is Silicone Glaze by Amway. They give v high quality stuff and it does not cause problems like you mentioned. I have been using it and its a reason for adimiration on my cars in the apartment parking. Just PM me if you want more info on it, i can tell you personally how its been for me
Old 25th October 2009, 00:18   #94
mkh
Senior - BHPian

On Teflon and more

hi folks
am getting a new car in a few days and as usual got the free teflon coating thrown in. Reading here looks like should dump it and take some other accessory, if i can
However i am also confused reading here what should one do to protect and seal the paint
1. Just wash with high quality car wash and apply wax once 2-3 months(i apply silicone polish as of now and wash with high quality car wash)
2. Go for waxoyl treatment asap- if yes where in bangalore can i get that?
3. Go for original Dupont Teflon Coating- not sure where in bangalore do we get that- did someone have any experience with The CAR CARE CLUB?

I also have another car and even tho taken care- swirl marks are there on it to be seen esp on the roof and bonnet- any suggestions on what to do?
Please guide..
Old 25th October 2009, 01:04   #95
BHPian

Well mkh here is a website in relation with your query for waxoyl Opulent
u can have a look hope it helps
Old 25th October 2009, 02:12   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
The best silicone polish in the market is Silicone Glaze by Amway. They give v high quality stuff and it does not cause problems like you mentioned. I have been using it and its a reason for adimiration on my cars in the apartment parking. Just PM me if you want more info on it, i can tell you personally how its been for me
Would be really nice if you can post a review about Amway's Silicon Glaze. Its a lot more expensive than Turtle Hard Wax, 3M, etc. Is it worth it? Have you compared it with these products?
Old 25th October 2009, 14:38   #97
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Would be really nice if you can post a review about Amway's Silicon Glaze. Its a lot more expensive than Turtle Hard Wax, 3M, etc. Is it worth it? Have you compared it with these products?
Its a fantastic product- i have been using it for 3 years now. A bottle is about 450 rs but lasts for 2 years. I usually apply once in a month but its recommended once in 3 months. The problem is that in bangalore it rains so need to apply more frequently.
I use it with the waste and needs about 1 hour effort to apply
I have seen 3M products, its far superior than that. I really do not know how to validate this but usage will tell. I have not tried turtle hard wax but the ease of availablity of silicone glaze makes it more viable for me to use that.
I have got many people ask me where i live once i applied it- it had a telling effect on my black santro and even my current cars
I would highly recommend it- also the Car Wash which is the best car cleaner i see( much better than 3M and Vista).
PM me if you need more info or how to get it
mkh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2009, 16:49   #98
Senior - BHPian

But dude, it is also supposed to polish. So I really do not think its a good idea to use it frequently... definitely not once a month!! Thats one of the main reasons why I'm scared to buy it.

Now that you have tried it, I would really suggest you try Turtle and 3M Premium Liquid Wax... so you can make a comparative comment. Besides, these products are safe for frequent use.

As for how to get it... I guess one can order on line from Amway India : Home ? Any idea if they levy delivery charges?
Old 25th October 2009, 23:10   #99
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
But dude, it is also supposed to polish. So I really do not think its a good idea to use it frequently... definitely not once a month!! Thats one of the main reasons why I'm scared to buy it.

Now that you have tried it, I would really suggest you try Turtle and 3M Premium Liquid Wax... so you can make a comparative comment. Besides, these products are safe for frequent use.

As for how to get it... I guess one can order on line from Amway India : Home ? Any idea if they levy delivery charges?
I used it on my getz- absolutely no problems, at first i used it once a month( for 3 months) and then once every 2-3 months. It was in the rainy season that i started hence used every 3 months
Its safe- i have been a user for my santro( for over 5 years) as well as for getz and now for the verna also. Perfectly safe, tho u can use it once in 2 months or so.
Ordering- only thru a distributor, cant buy online. My wife is a distrib so i get it. Deliv charges are 25 rs only- i can help u get one in Pune thru a friend if u want..For best results- use the car wash, its THE best car wash, abs safe and super effective esp on grease and grime.. and then use silicone glaze
Seeing my car 2-3 more folks in my apartment got onto car wash and silicone glaze after trying all vista,3m etc stuff
Old 26th October 2009, 00:12   #100
Senior - BHPian

^^^ Its good that there are no visible bad effects even after 5 years of use... but I guess we can only know for sure if we measure the thickness of the paint coat, lol! Or maybe its possible that Amway is using the word "polish" in the wrong sense and it is indeed not abrasive.

The issue with the car shampoo is that it does not have any wax. I use F1 shampoo and sometime Waxpol. Both of them claim to leave a wax coating. So I feel its good to use these between waxings. Anyway, claims aside, I will try the Amway stuff to see how it actually compares. I guess they have sachets too, so will try those 1st. If its good against oil/grease and stuff, it will be more useful esp. in washing my bikes

I have a friend who can get me the stuff (will try few other things too) at a discount. Will surely msg. you if I have any issues in sourcing it.

Last edited by Raccoon : 26th October 2009 at 00:13.
Old 26th October 2009, 11:42   #101
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zazer View Post
Well mkh here is a website in relation with your query for waxoyl Opulent
u can have a look hope it helps
Did you get this done in bangalore?
I am still not sure whats the best to keep the paint in best condition and avoid the swirls etc that are caused by normal cloth cleaning
I got myself Micro Fiber cloth and if using that will avoid it- will always use that but need the best solution for paint sealant
Please help..
Old 26th October 2009, 16:37   #102
BHPian

Has anyone tried the paint sealant service provided by V-Kool,they charge around Rs 11000/- with 3yrs warranty and two free services provided per year.
Old 27th October 2009, 15:50   #103
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi1771 View Post
Has anyone tried the paint sealant service provided by V-Kool,they charge around Rs 11000/- with 3yrs warranty and two free services provided per year.
Yogi, most of these are either rubbish or really not required. Just get your car waxed / polished ever so often and you will be all set. Be sure to keep it clean too. 11,000 bucks could cover 4 years of polishing services!
Old 28th October 2009, 14:12   #104
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Yogi, most of these are either rubbish or really not required. Just get your car waxed / polished ever so often and you will be all set. Be sure to keep it clean too. 11,000 bucks could cover 4 years of polishing services!
I agree, its waaaay too much. With that amount one can do better treatments every 6 months and have the same effect after 4 years!!!(like the 3M treatment or so)
Has anyone ever wondered- why would car manufacturers make car exteriors NOT considering the climate and evironments they are subject to?
Here are my 2 cents on how to maintain the car well
1. Wash with high quality shampoo( recommend car wash by amway) at least 3 times a week
2. Apply polish/wax( again high quality like silicone glaze, turtle wax) every 1-2 months
3. Use micro fibre cloth and soft cloth only for 1,2
4.Use a duster to clear off the dust when no need to shampoo
I have had cars in bangalore- where it rains 5-6 months a year and needs daily wash in those months, and i have never seen any paint fading etc even though i had used cars and rubbed them myself with my own products...
Old 3rd December 2009, 13:33   #105
BHPian

Can anyone please tell me the difference between paint sealants and waxes? I thought waxes were also kind of sealants.

From what I have been able to get from this thread is that a lot of car detailing processes require polishing and that is bad for a new car and to some extent for old cars as well. But as the thread starter in the first post has mentioned that teflon is just a one step process then, I guess if done as mentioned then it should not be harmful. Infact it seems to come across as some hi-fi wax. We have had teflon coating done twice on our new Linea and they even pasted a 'DuPont Teflon' sticker each time on the windshield. But we have got swirl marks, so I need to confirm from them if they polished the surface or not. And if they tell me that they polished our new car then By-God I'll polish them then & there.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks