Team-BHP - Ford Ikon - SXI Bumpers for ZXI
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Ford Ikon - SXI Bumpers for ZXI (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/6240-ford-ikon-sxi-bumpers-zxi.html)

Hey Guys....

I had a small accident yesterday and have to replace my Bumper, Radiator, Fan & Condensor for it now :-(

Just had a few Qs for which I need some answers...

1. Can I replace it with the SXI front bumper & grill. Is it a simple job or does it need an expert?
2. Fan bracket is broken...but when I checked for spares, they said I have to replace the whole unit and won't get the bracket seperately...is that true?
3. Can you suggest a good place to buy these spares in Navi Mumbai/Mumbai (apart from the ford showroom)...price is ofcourse the main criteria but geniuness also is important.
4. Insurance guy says that I won't get 100% replaced....30% for the bumper (since it fiber)...some percentage for the radiator/condensor...etc. I always thought you could get around 80-85% from the insurance company for a comprehensive one. Your gyan required on this...

Thanks in advance

as for the bumpers ofcourse u can get the sfx one fitted on it..

80 % is refunded only on steel parts not on fiber/plastic

Quote:

Originally Posted by gr8guzzler
2. Fan bracket is broken...but when I checked for spares, they said I have to replace the whole unit and won't get the bracket seperately...is that true?

Dont know how it looks, but take it to a fwelding shop and they can weld it up for you. If it looks too bad, then you can have one fabricated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mpower
Dont know how it looks, but take it to a fwelding shop and they can weld it up for you. If it looks too bad, then you can have one fabricated.

hmm...as far as i remember the whole unit was made of fiber, so let me re check that again and see if any metal is involved. Thanxs

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbo_lover
as for the bumpers ofcourse u can get the sfx one fitted on it..

80 % is refunded only on steel parts not on fiber/plastic

Thanks Turbo....I guess the insurance guy said the same thing, just wanted to make sure of it.

offcourse u can fit the sxi bumper into the zxi . and now the sxi bumper comes stock to the zxi . one of my friend has got that sxi bumper fitted to his brand new ford flair

Ya the SXI bumbers fits directly to zxi, but its difficult to source sxi bumper from grey market, the company showroom will charge u hefty bill cause they will sell it you by including cost of bumper, fog lamps.painting and installation, it works out to around 30 K, i remember i had inquired the same in shakti ford in malad and thats the priced they quoted me, i had no option but to drop the idea but we can save costing on fog lamps and painting but i doubt the company will sell u only bumper off the shelf!

Really sad to hear about the small bang.
The SXi grill and Bumper can very well be put and if the lights have gone too, you can put Clearlens ones from the Pre NXT era.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ford Rocam
Ya the SXI bumbers fits directly to zxi, but its difficult to source sxi bumper from grey market, the company showroom will charge u hefty bill cause they will sell it you by including cost of bumper, fog lamps.painting and installation, it works out to around 30 K, i remember i had inquired the same in shakti ford in malad and thats the priced they quoted me, i had no option but to drop the idea but we can save costing on fog lamps and painting but i doubt the company will sell u only bumper off the shelf!

Thanks Ford Rocam. A spare parts dealer in Navi Mumbai says he can source it for 4K and the front grill for 1.5K...painting and fitting cost is seperate. I'll be getting it on Tue, will let you know. Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhp
offcourse u can fit the sxi bumper into the zxi . and now the sxi bumper comes stock to the zxi . one of my friend has got that sxi bumper fitted to his brand new ford flair

Yeah bhp.....the new IKON ZXI & EXI have the SXI front bumpers as standard. Just wanted to make sure if was hot swappable. Thxs

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamborghini
Really sad to hear about the small bang.
The SXi grill and Bumper can very well be put and if the lights have gone too, you can put Clearlens ones from the Pre NXT era.

Thnxs Lambo....nah the lights are in pretty good shape. Yeah I like the clear lens ones, I think it'll cost 4K each so will have to wait sometime later to get that done. First need to get these fixed and get the car running.....:)

Hi gr8guzzler, do let me know about the sxi bumper your dealer is arranging from grey market , i bet its a steal at 4K, even i am interested cause my bumper (my car's bumper, he he....) is in bad shape, is he giving you a new original bumper or used one?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ford Rocam
Hi gr8guzzler, do let me know about the sxi bumper your dealer is arranging from grey market , i bet its a steal at 4K, even i am interested cause my bumper (my car's bumper, he he....) is in bad shape, is he giving you a new original bumper or used one?

Sure buddy. I was supposed to get it today, but didn't get it yet. I'll let you know as soon as I get it.

I finally got those SXI bumpers and they rock...I've sent you a PM with pricing and contact details. Check it out.

Cheers!!!