Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2006, 11:48   #271
BHPian

Hi All,

I have Ford Flair and looking for changing the head lamp. I would like to go for Philips Vision plus.Can any suggest from where in Bangalore I can get it. I know Sprocket , but is it reliable??. How much it will cost.Do I have to go for relay ,wiring and ceramic holders???. Please advise...
Old 21st October 2006, 17:46   #272
Senior - BHPian

i have modified my crystal visions. when i need extra lights i put on both the filaments.50+60. so 110watts. i do intend to use it occasionally when i need more light since dont know how long the bulb can take both its filament running. there was no problem in carrying out the mod as a had cutout kit already installed and a spare one which i have modified for this particular requirement. next will be to have a set of headlights in place of fog lights since reliability of this projest is unknown....
Old 21st October 2006, 23:51   #273
BHPian

The ground lead is gong to blow.

Dear GIGY neither the filaments nor the glass is going to crack but you will end up with a bulb with the ground lead gone bust resulting in wasted effort. I tried this when I was much younger but came out much wiser. In the Junkindica you can still do this by pulling the headlight flasher lever towards you but the ground lead(-ve) inside the bulb will last a very short duration. By the way I have 130/100 philips rallye bulbs in the Junkindica with cut-outs and the 130 high beam is more than enough to light up the road. Bye and wear your seatbelts.
Old 22nd October 2006, 07:41   #274
BHPian

I have philips blue vision 90/100 on my swif and am very much satisfied with the lighting in city traffic though I have not tried it on the highways during night time. Though called blue vision, I don't see it as blueish as in some of the other cars(don't know if they are using bluevision or something else). Or... probably, mine is not original bluevision.
Old 23rd October 2006, 05:35   #275
BHPian

I never knew about upgrading the wires etc. I put Sylvania White 100/90W headlights and changed them myself. They are ok...but i dont know if putting them on would burn the wires or somethibng. I have used them for 2 months. Please sonmeone let me know if putting wires/relay is absolutely if i continue to use the 100/90W ones. Till then i would drive w/o the headlamps :-)
Old 23rd October 2006, 09:25   #276
BHPian

hi hyper-vtec we do need a relay and a better bulb holder(ceramic ones) had done the same thing with my old car uno the bulb got fused and the bulb holder had melted
Old 26th October 2006, 19:06   #277
BHPian

Hi All,
I own an Accent CRDi car. I am looking for replacing my HeadLights.
I also drive at nights (highways), but not very frequent (say once in a month)... so looking for better visibility + l'll bit of style...
read thru the posts and narrowed down my options to
a) Philips Vision Plus
b) Philips Blue Vision 100 / 90

So here are my questions?
1. How much does each option cost? (In Bangalore)
2. Does it null the warrenty if I go for option (b) ==> Philips Blue Vision?
3. Philips Blue Vision, is it blue or white ? And how is its visibility when compared to Philips Vision Plus?
4. Philips Blue Vision ==> is it legal? ( I read somewhere saying that its not legal!!)
5. There is a pair of lights down to headlights (I am not sure what its called). Is there an option to replace that too?

regards,
ant.
Old 1st November 2006, 12:57   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anToNIcHeN
Hi All,

So here are my questions?
1. How much does each option cost? (In Bangalore)
2. Does it null the warrenty if I go for option (b) ==> Philips Blue Vision?
3. Philips Blue Vision, is it blue or white ? And how is its visibility when compared to Philips Vision Plus?
4. Philips Blue Vision ==> is it legal? ( I read somewhere saying that its not legal!!)
5. There is a pair of lights down to headlights (I am not sure what its called). Is there an option to replace that too?

regards,
ant.
Regarding the Phillips Blue Vision 100/90
1. HOw much? Around Rs.750-800 without the parking bulbs (inc.parking -Rs.950-1000)
2. No it will not null the warranty.
3. ITs not Blue, its not White, its between the standard Yellow lights we get oem and the white lights ppl use giving a mix of good visibility + good looks.
4. Yea, its legal, its just a tone whiter than the yellow standard bulbs.
5. U talking of the parking bulbs is it? if yes, that can also be changed with philips blue vision parking bulbs.
Old 1st November 2006, 13:06   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva
Guys, before you fit any blue lights, please know that blue is the colour that disperses most in the night, as it gets absorbed by the surrounding blackness and the road.

Blue only looks good. It does absolutely nothing for better visibility and in fact gives lesser visibility than yellow or white bulbs of the same wattage.

Boomshiva, like many many others here, u are also mislead to think that the bluevision bulbs are actually blue. They are NOT!

again i repeat, they are just between the Yellow stock light and WHITE light. its neither totally white, nor totally yellow. and it has great visibility, no problems in the night wether in rain or whatever...
Old 1st November 2006, 21:19   #280
vidvai

StreetGlow xenons

does neone know how good are the streetGlow xenons available in 100/80W....theyre priced at 25-30$.....so im a little sceptical abt how good the visibility is on the road......

thanks

Old 2nd November 2006, 13:28   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil
2. No it will not null the warranty.
But then I need to upgrade my wiring, holder + relay and all those stuff right?...
Quote:
4. Yea, its legal, its just a tone whiter than the yellow standard bulbs.
But dont the govt regulations says that, lights are not supposed to go beyond 60/55?
Quote:
5. U talking of the parking bulbs is it? if yes, that can also be changed with philips blue vision parking bulbs.
I am talking about the lights given in circle.
Old 2nd November 2006, 13:45   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anToNIcHeN

I am talking about the lights given in circle.
Those would be your fog lights Antonichen.
Old 2nd November 2006, 13:56   #283
Senior - BHPian

People I am in for an install of the Philips Head Lights over the weekend. Have a couple of queries,any help is really appreciated.

Have read this thread over and over and still in a dilemma if I should install a Philips Blue Vision 100/90 or Philips Crystal Vision Halogen 60/55W.

I kinda do quite a few long drives and prefer having real powerful headlights while driving in the night . Suggestions please.
Old 2nd November 2006, 16:14   #284
Senior - BHPian

rjstyle69 if you liek bright lights then atick to regular phillips 90/100W or 130/100W. The latter are the best bulbs I have ever used.
Old 2nd November 2006, 16:36   #285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d
rjstyle69 if you liek bright lights then atick to regular phillips 90/100W or 130/100W. The latter are the best bulbs I have ever used.
hey Vikram thanks for the reply. I want bright lights and hence will stick to what you say. I will get the regular Philips 100/90 or even higher with a ceramic holder and relay. I dont see any kind of funda if the Crystal vision doesnt help much on the highways.

BTW did u get your FFE done from Psycho??? I did PM you on that.
Cheers mate
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks