Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2005, 22:06   #16
Senior - BHPian

Hey i've have these bulbs in my car too. I got them for Rs.500. They are better to see from the outside than the yellow ones. And while driving, i didn't find anyting that different. I just switched to them cuz i couldn't afford the XENONS!!!
Old 27th June 2005, 22:27   #17
Senior - BHPian

RT,

brilliantly laid out review pal !!

well as rudra says - try it out for a few days and let us know the difference , then maybe another silver octy could be sporting the same lamps !

cheers
Old 28th June 2005, 01:43   #18
Senior - BHPian

gr8 review RT. loved it. i visited the mumbai auto show in bandra kurla last and they had a thai company selling bolt on xenen kits for as less as 8-9k also osram is available in bombay with fitting it costs an alarming 30k from the dealer. guess opera house will be cheaper but its still astronomical
Old 28th June 2005, 10:34   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
just one question rtech, how old is your Octy? Which version is it (Rider, Ambiente, Elegance, etc...)? Did you change your existing lights have becuase they had aged?
My Octi is a 1.5 year old Ambiente. The existing lights were fine, but I wanted something a bit more powerful, but also something that I was sure would not glaze the reflectors. Also, I wanted a whiter light, simply because they look better as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
do you feel the new philips bulb will offer a significant perfromance upgrade over the existing RS lights?
As Rehaan said, the RS has xenon's, so why would you want to downgrade?

Quote:
maybe another silver octy could be sporting the same lamps !
Try the Diamond vision out for your car

Quote:
i visited the mumbai auto show in bandra kurla last and they had a thai company selling bolt on xenen kits for as less as 8-9k also osram is available in bombay with fitting it costs an alarming 30k from the dealer. guess opera house will be cheaper but its still astronomical
Philip's has also introduced their HID kit in the market. It sells for around Rs.23-25,000/-. But, I can think of better ways to spend 20+grand than on headlights!
Old 28th June 2005, 12:29   #20
BHPian

Rt,
Even i have a Skoda and also facing light problems.. My driver always keeps telling me that the lights are inssufficient and when enquired with Skoda dealer he advised against using 90/100 bulbs as it ends up melting parts inside the sealed beam... The car is regularly on the highway and needs better lighting ...
Is there any other option other than HID ... Specially in the rain light requirement is higher ... and Pune roads... opppss .. Pune potholes get worse in rains ...
Also another thing the bulbs u used was H4 .. But what about the fog light is there also a White light bulb available for the fog ...
Coz then the lights wud look odd .. One white .. One yellow ...
Old 28th June 2005, 12:42   #21
Team-BHP Support

Hey Evo, I sympathise with you! Pune roads (are they still called that!! lol!) in the night are terrible and good lights are essential there. If you don't want to risk the higher power bulbs, you could try the VisionPlus series which claims 50% more light from the standard 60/55W bulbs.

The fogs are H1's, but the I couldn't find any bulbs for them other than OE.

I'll take some shots in the night and post them for you to get an idea.
Old 28th June 2005, 13:37   #22
BANNED

One question: Do cops pull you over for having white or blue lights?
Old 28th June 2005, 14:30   #23
Team-BHP Support

They have no right to pull anyone over! As long as the wattage of the bulbs don't exceed 60/55W, it is fine.

Reminds me of when i got pulled over many years ago in my M800 which had yellow fogs. The Cop tried to scare me into giving him some money saying "yellow" lights not allowed! I dragged him to the station and asked him to show me where and which rule stated that yellow lights were not allowed. Needless to say he couldn't.
Old 28th June 2005, 23:58   #24
Team-BHP Support

[quote=Rtech]As Rehaan said, the RS has xenon's, so why would you want to downgrade?[quote]

what do i know?
Old 29th June 2005, 00:26   #25
Senior - BHPian

hey dude every one know that the rs comes wit xenons.you can easily make out the difference.by the way dont you have one yourself.??

Rev
Old 29th June 2005, 21:46   #26
BHPian

hey you do get osram white bulbs for the fog lamps i had seen them for my accent but they are expensive i think they were for rs450 a piece
Old 30th June 2005, 09:41   #27
BHPian

i had them fitted on my esteem it looked great got them for 350 for some local brand but it is not very helpful in the highways. so removed them and put the normal ones
Old 12th September 2005, 18:58   #28
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

to all the bangaloreans who are trying to source philips range of headlamps and not able to find any in the market,here is the good news...
well after a horrendous day,one which involved getting caught by the cops for unknowingly jumping a signal(got distracted due to the partner asking me some info and didint notice the light turn red,got pulled over,apologised,paid the fine,took the receipt) and continued on my way to get the philips crystal visoin headlamps fixed on my zen..as if the episode with the cops wasnt enough, after fixing the headlamps found out that they arent crystal vision but the vision plus range which are yellow again(so much for wanting to get rid of the yellow ones and plonk in white ones)..later figured out that my friend who bought the lamps for me didint know the difference between the two and i made some frantic calls to nearly all the accessories shops in bangalore only to find out that none stock philips headlamps as compared to the praises they seem to give to some unbranded so called "xenons" ranging from 1500 to god knows what..these are imported from japan atleast thats what they said..so degected for having dumped 1000 bucks down the drain logged on to the site and decided to check on this thread posted by rtech..then PMed him requesting him if he could courier me the crystal vision headlamps to bangalore..he was very kind enough to oblige to my request and told me he would make sure it would be sent to my place as soon as he finds out if there is any1 heading from bombay to bangalore..and also suggested to look into the diamond vision range..i was more than happy to know that the diamond visions were available and he went one step further and took the troubles of finding out the contact number of the regional manager(south) for phlips india..got in touch with him who inturn redirected me to the karnataka dealer here in bangalore..spoke to him and he confirmed that the entire stock of the philips headlamps range will be sent to bangalore from bombay by wednesday evening positively as they ran out of stock(wonder how long its been since they ran out of stock,bcoz its been nearly 3 months since im trying to source them)..anyways the contact address is:

A.K.Traders,
22/23,1st floor,3rd cross, JC.Road,blore-560002..
contact person: Mr.Sunil Mithal on 26707295..
Philips crystal vision: Rs 750+VAT..
Philips diamond vision: Rs 1050+VAT..
will head out 1st thing on wednesday evening to get these..BTW rtech thanks a lot mate for being so helpful and kind..really appreciate ur helping nature and a very good gesture in helping to create healthy relations within the members of this forum..thanks a lot mate,thanks a ton...
mclaren1885 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2005, 21:39   #29
Senior - BHPian

@ mclaren : hows the bulb and which one are you using now.
Old 17th October 2005, 15:56   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

hello,

I feel very out of place here. lol. Like a guy without a visa in a new country.

Please help me. I have a Lancer and I want Bright Light. Like super bright. I drive to pune often. I love White lamps.
I'm also a cheapskate, so if you suggest some 4000,5000 rupees ka bulb, i will not take your advice.I have other places to spend that money. (on audio equipment, for example, or on wine and woman)
Please suggest, anyone. thanks.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed