Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2005, 15:59   #31
Team-BHP Support

If you lancer is out of warranty, then go for a relay and a 100W bulb. No matter what all these vision+ crystal+ diamond+ claim, 100W is 100W. Something like "There is no subsitute for Cubic inches".
I do not know if any reliable brand makes white bulbs in that wattage, but if you are okay with non whites, roots is your best bet
Avoid philips unless you are buying from an authorized dealer who is very very reliable.
Philips duplicates are dime a dozen in the markets. Originals will set you back 330rs/pair for roots and relay cost is 400rs.
Old 17th October 2005, 16:48   #32
BHPian

@mclaren: any reviews on the bulbs in a zen? i want to fit it on my wagonr.
Its headlights are pathetic on the highway.
Old 17th October 2005, 17:15   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Please help me. I have a Lancer and I want Bright Light. Like super bright. I drive to pune often. I love White lamps.
I'm also a cheapskate, so if you suggest some 4000,5000 rupees ka bulb, i will not take your advice.
well...as tsk mentioned, if you want BRIGHT, then the only way is to get 100/90W bulbs. Just make sure you make the required changes to the relay and wiring (no, you're JBL wires won't fit!).

If you want white light & good quality & cheap, it's not available anywhere so forget it!

Quote:
I have other places to spend that money. (on audio equipment, for example, or on wine and woman)
hmmm...I didn't think of you as a wine drinker!!
Old 18th October 2005, 12:38   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
hmmm...I didn't think of you as a wine drinker!!
Thank you RT & tsk! I will take the advice and find a good 90/100 bulb available. I can see that I should avoid philips. Do nice companies like Osram and Sylvania make these too? I wouldn't mind spending the extra buck.

As far as wine is concerned, I do enjoy good wine. Of course I am no conossieur (sp?) like our grand, mad old man Navin... but ya, I do enjoy a good chardonnay or a shiraz if in the mood. But there's really nothing like a good night out with the boys, Jim, Jack and Johnny.
Chalo atleast you didn't doubt the "woman" part, thank god.
Thanks!

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 18th October 2005 at 12:39.
Old 19th October 2005, 02:46   #35
Senior - BHPian

I'm finally another proud user of the crystal vision headlamps.

Gotta just love the white beam(Poor man's Xenons)!!!!

btw, paid Rs.790 for the set.
Old 19th October 2005, 08:44   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Thank you RT & tsk! I will take the advice and find a good 90/100 bulb available. I can see that I should avoid philips. Do nice companies like Osram and Sylvania make these too? I wouldn't mind spending the extra buck.
!
Osram silverstar are highly recommended. They beat thePhillips in most tests. Have them on my Vtec - got them from the UK
Old 30th October 2005, 13:44   #37
BANNED

well i guess most of the cars are of h4 sizes...like honda city ...opel corsa...and lancer and so on...can corsa owners please confirm...by checking out the pictures on this thread...because thsi dude has used h4 size for his octavia..so please let me know asap guys...have to buy in the evening....and im buying a racing steering from here...can boss kit be made in mumbai for my car and steering???
Old 30th October 2005, 14:51   #38
BHPian

Guys, I drive a GTX and would like to change the OE lamps to white or blue coloured lamps. The problem for me is that there are six bulbs to change in the Palio. A set each for low beam, high beam and fog lamps and they are all different ratings. I would like to change all to a similar colour.

DO Philips, Osram or any other reputed company make them for the Palio's different headlamps?

Hey Nitrous, where did you get them?
Old 30th October 2005, 23:28   #39
Senior - BHPian

I got it from the Mahavir guy, 5u3zero.

Pls post the wattage ratings of the Palio headlamps needed. It'll help the other palio owners in our group.
Old 31st October 2005, 18:30   #40
BANNED

can u guys let me know the price of philips blue vision 4000 w 65/55 w....in mumbai and where can i get these bulbs...these bulbs are better than other bulbs like chrystal and diamond vision right???
Old 31st October 2005, 21:35   #41
Senior - BHPian

If you do not want blue light then it might be worthwhile getting the Osram Silverstars as mentioned by Ajmat. They have marginally beaten the Philips in a few tests.

It really depends what you want. The blue vision claim to give upto 30% more light. Philips Vision plus and Osaram Silverstars claim 50% more light than standard. If you want more light, I'd go for the Silverstars or the Vision Plus, If you want a blue tint light then go for the blue vision.

Use google you should be able to find a few reviews.
Old 31st October 2005, 21:39   #42
BANNED

i just want to know the price of it dude
Old 31st October 2005, 21:52   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadudeonfire
i just want to know the price of it dude
The only reason I gave a little low down on the bulbs was because you asked : "these bulbs are better than other bulbs like chrystal and diamond vision right???"

Sorry I do not know the price in India.
Old 31st October 2005, 21:55   #44
BANNED

its okay dude not a problem..but any idea what the price would be like...
Old 31st October 2005, 22:05   #45
Senior - BHPian

In England about £19.45 for a pair of H4 Blue Vision which is 1,551.45 rupees or 126.381 AED.

This includes delivery and they are 100% genuine and not fakes.

Last edited by bigman : 31st October 2005 at 22:06.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks