Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2006, 09:39   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancerEvo
I first got the Philips Diamond Vision (Blue Light - 5300K) and installed them.
Was a little disappointed - the light was Bluish - but not very bright - in fact it felt more GREY than Blue.

Went out the next day and changed to Philips Vision Plus - These are regular (yellow) but the pack claimed 50% brighter and a longer throw (+20m)
Did you try Crystal vision? How do they compare to Diamond vision?
And where does one get Vision Plus and cost approx?
Old 7th January 2006, 12:19   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
But, if u want 'bright' , go for vision plus or 90/100s.
Do you mean, vision plus or 90/100 crystal vision?
Old 7th January 2006, 12:43   #63
Team-BHP Support

Vision plus, crystal vision and Diamond vision only come in 60/55W.

Philips Rallye come in 100/90W.
Old 7th January 2006, 21:25   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord
Did you try Crystal vision? How do they compare to Diamond vision?
And where does one get Vision Plus and cost approx?
I have not tried the Crystal Vision - But I presume they should be between the Diamond Vision - which I tried on my Lancer and removed (light was dull and grey) and the BlueVision which I have just installed on my wife's Zen - which is used mostly in th city.

In Pune - the prices are as follows (all inclusive - incl tax)
DiamondVision - Rs 1200 per set (2 Bulbs)
CrystalVision - Rs 900 per set (2 bulbs plus 2 pilot bulbs)
Blue Vision - Rs 500 per pair (250 each - sold as singles)
Vision PLus - Rs 500 per pair (250 each - sold as singles)

If you look at the Diamond vision / Crystal vision bulbs - they have blue quartz glass that blocks out all but the blue light.

Thus you are losing some light in the blocking.

Try the vision plus or Blue Vision (the glass is a light blue tint - does not block too much light)

email me in case you want more info - aptes @ vsnl dot com
Old 9th January 2006, 14:15   #65
BHPian

Where can I buy Vision Plus in Mumbai? Could I get dealer's contact nos please?

Btw, what are pilot bulbs?

Last edited by observer : 9th January 2006 at 14:17.
Old 9th January 2006, 17:55   #66
Team-BHP Support

Hey LancerEvo... The way I understood from previous posts (particularly RTech) that CrystalVision is white light. In that case what is the main difference between the VisionPlus and the CrystalVision? Are you sure that the VisionPlus is not the regular bulbs? Just mere OE replacement kinds?

RTech, would you know the difference between these two types of bulbs from Philips?
Old 9th January 2006, 18:15   #67
Team-BHP Support

VisionPlus is your standard beam colour, just a bit brighter.
CrystalVision is white.
DiamondVision is blueish.

I need a new set of bulbs and I'm wondering which one's to try next.

As mentioned, I bought my bulbs from a shop called New Standard Motors, Lamington Road (please don't ask for the exact address as I have no idea what that street name is. Only know its in the lane after the theatre which has shut down!). They deal only in bulbs so you are sure to get the original ones there.

Last edited by Rtech : 9th January 2006 at 18:17.
Old 9th January 2006, 19:57   #68
SUV
BHPian

hi guy's

In case any of you are looking for Crystal Vision H1's (Which Fits the Palio Head Lamps), its available in Bangalore.
Old 10th January 2006, 21:01   #69
BHPian

Auto King is selling the Crystal Visions for 950, but I think I want the Blue Visions if they're going to cost me only 500-ish. But then, no pilot lights. And guys, what about the high beam?

How much would blue headlights + pilots + high beams cost? Philips BlueVision-type blue lights?

- Aalaap
www.aalaap.com
Old 11th January 2006, 00:50   #70
Senior - BHPian

My 2 Cents on this thread....just upgraded my bulbs to Vision Plus @ Rs.550/- a pair. It is worth every paisa you spend on it - the beam is more focussed than whatever OE bulb Tata supplies AND the reach is much longer. I keep getting frantic dips from other vehicles EVEN WHEN I am on Low Beam.

Checked out Crystal Vision as well, but wasnt impressed. Its very white but somehow it doesnt help vision.

I'd recommend Vision Plus any day.
Old 11th January 2006, 02:05   #71
Senior - BHPian

Just a suggestion, dont buy any whilte light bulbs just for the looks sake, they are miserable!!! the visibility with these bulbs is really poor. Their wavelength is shorter than 90/100 halogens(usual yellow). I tried and rejected 'em outright. As steeroid mentioned vision plus are better than those funky whitelights. whitelights are just cheap imitations of xenons like H.I.D.

I have GE(better than Hella's) , 90/100's in my car and Im one satisfied customer. Bulbs+relay+wiring+fitting charges=Rs 625/-
Old 11th January 2006, 07:29   #72
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeroid
I keep getting frantic dips from other vehicles EVEN WHEN I am on Low Beam.
Try driving on your side of the road, those vehicles are giving frantic dips because they dont like driving on the berms.

JOkes apart, get the aiming done. Even 130/100 watt bulbs do not blind when in low beam

Last edited by tsk1979 : 11th January 2006 at 07:31.
Old 11th January 2006, 14:32   #73
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
My 2 Cents on this thread....just upgraded my bulbs to Vision Plus @ Rs.550/- a pair. It is worth every paisa you spend on it - the beam is more focussed than whatever OE bulb Tata supplies AND the reach is much longer. I keep getting frantic dips from other vehicles EVEN WHEN I am on Low Beam.

Checked out Crystal Vision as well, but wasnt impressed. Its very white but somehow it doesnt help vision.

I'd recommend Vision Plus any day.
I think Tata supplies Osram. My Indica came with two additional Osram H4 in the glovebox for emergencies. Amazingly, the Reverse light bulb on the rear right cluster was missing! Apparently Tata only fits rear left reverse light bulb! Sometimes Tata logic beats me.

Hmmm... so Vision Plus it is? Ok... I am thinking of putting something more illuminous on my Indica for quite sometime now, if not for anything then just to counter those stupid morons on the road who refuse to dip. Gotta find a Philips dealer in hyderabad.
Old 11th January 2006, 16:16   #74
BHPian

make it 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf
I have GE(better than Hella's) , 90/100's in my car and Im one satisfied customer. Bulbs+relay+wiring+fitting charges=Rs 625/-
I have tried all of them... Blue Vision, Diamond vision, Vision Plus, Hella 100/90, Philips 130/100 ( I think...) and finally, GE 100/90.

Trust me, GE 100/90 was the best of the lot as it gave me superior lighting plus far better coverage. If you ask me which one is the coolest looking of all, thats definitely Cryastal/diamond vision as the light does look like it is a Xenon.. but thats all there is to it. Road visibility is pathetic.

didn't want to try 130/100 for long as my dealer said it could damage the reflector and/or headlamp sockets because of the heat generated. GE 100/90 is far better in this case and like Wolf, I am yet another happy customer with GE.

P.S. if anyone is interested, I still have the Philips 130/100 and Diamond vision bulbs with me
Old 29th January 2006, 07:02   #75
BHPian

Product Review: Philips Crystal Vision Halogen headlamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord
Can I get Philips Bluevision by mail-order in India. Any one can pm me the addresses or phone numbers of dealers in Bombay?
You can get it through ebay.in I just got a pair of PHILIPS Blue Vision for my SWIFT. Yet to fit in.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed