Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2006, 10:22   #301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debasischatterj View Post
Recently I upgraded the stock (60/55W) headlight of my Baleno to Philips Halogen H4 100/90W yellow light. But the shopowner did not fix any cutout wiring and relay. I am definitely getting more light than before. However, I am not sure that whether I am getting the full potential of the bulb or not. Could anybody kindly advise the same(relay +wiring )are really required or not with the pros and cons. Rgds.
get the wiring & relay done fast and even change the holder to better one
Old 13th December 2006, 12:39   #302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
It can be done within 5 minutes by parking against a wall and twisting the screws, and will make quite a bit of the difference.
But how far from the wall? I am bit scared to install 100w bulbs thinking it might deform the reflector due to high heat. Is it true? At what wattage do we need additional relays etc?
Old 13th December 2006, 13:23   #303
Team-BHP Support

Park about 5 feet from the wall.
As for heat problem, I did not face any. Reflector damage is due to inferior quality Halogens which do not have UV block glass. But if you buy from a reputed company like Narva(Philips), Philips, Osram, Hella you wont face a problem.
Many unknown brand halogens have UV block written on their boxes, but actually are not. So stay away from those and you will be fine.
If you are getting 100/90W you need a relay, otherwise you can blow the fuse. As for wiring harness, it is needed to get full potential, but from a damage point of view it does not have much effect.
Old 13th December 2006, 13:25   #304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
But how far from the wall?

Like he mentioned in his earlier post about 5 feet away from the wall.
Old 13th December 2006, 13:51   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
Guys, I recently got the Philips Blue Vision 100/90W with the complete Roots Wiring Kit and Relay done.

You see stock lights on other cars which you feel are powerful, drive up to them and you immediately know the Blue Vision is stronger!

Cheers!
See my posting here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/333806-post71.html

Can you tell me its performance on "unlit" highways?.... Visibility, throw of light etc....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
But make sure you have wiring harness and Relays. Otherwise its like putting load on your electrical system and you wont get full output.
But a high wattage bulb can blow if high+low beam is used continuously for a long time(minor flashes are okay). So have to be careful in that.
And for my second question in the link...
The person whom I have interacted with said this...."Accent already comes with Relays and cut outs. I have fitted quite a few 90/100 bulbs on Accent without any problems"
TSK, From what you have said, could this be a case where the lights are not giving its full output and are ok if high+ low beam are used for shorter periods of time?

Last edited by anToNIcHeN : 13th December 2006 at 13:54.
Old 13th December 2006, 14:15   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anToNIcHeN View Post
See my posting here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/333806-post71.html

Can you tell me its performance on "unlit" highways?.... Visibility, throw of light etc....

And for my second question in the link...
The person whom I have interacted with said this...."Accent already comes with Relays and cut outs. I have fitted quite a few 90/100 bulbs on Accent without any problems"
TSK, From what you have said, could this be a case where the lights are not giving its full output and are ok if high+ low beam are used for shorter periods of time?
Hey anToNIcHeN,

I have not done any highway driving with these bulbs yet but who ever told you that Philips Blue Vision are not a good option, does not know his products well. I have been on long unlit stretches within the city and the light throw is very very satisfactory, much better than a lot of other products, but I don't suggest white lights on highways.

For your second question, new cars do come with relays and cut outs fitted but I dont know how well can they sustain after market powerful bulbs. I suggest you wait for TSK or someone to answer this.
Old 13th December 2006, 14:32   #307
Team-BHP Support

I posted in the Auto lighting thread, because this query is pertaining to general lighting, and not just philips!
Old 7th March 2007, 14:52   #308
Team-BHP Support

An update.

I switched bulbs last evening. Thought I'd give Narva a try, seeing that a lot of people have good things to say about them.

I bought a set of H4 100/90. These cost me Rs.525/-.

Have yet to go for a drive, but from the little I saw, I was not really impressed. However, I'll reserve my judgment till I get a proper night drive.
Old 13th March 2007, 13:38   #309
Team-BHP Support

Ok. Had a couple of night drives within the city. The Narva's are a definite improvement over the Crystal Vision (as they should be, being more powerful). They light up the road really well in low beam, and the high beam is good too.

However, i'm paranoid about them glazing over my headlights, so I tend to use the fog lights in the city most of the time!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks