which is very good for me to compare
also if except 60 bhp power gains forget this is not possible
in asian condition
regards
narry
Old 2nd September 2009, 10:46   #17
BHPian

narry,

Good luck. Please keep us posted after you get the box and take pictures of the install as well.

/sanjay
Old 2nd September 2009, 11:57   #18
BHPian

Wouldnt that voild your cars guarantee ?

I have read across the forum people having issues with supers electronics system.

be carfeul with a 20+ lacs car ..

Just my 2 cents
Old 3rd September 2009, 11:57   #19
BHPian

You should be aiming for a 45-50 BHP gain with around 340NM of torque... I guess those will be real world figures
Also - I would suggest a remap over a box any day... remaps are available as plug and play nowadays and that helps - remap - drive - go back to stock - remap again as necessary .
I found this easier and cleaner than a tuning box or a fixed remap which needs a professional
Old 3rd September 2009, 14:58   #20
BANNED

I must say you are bold people.

With enough noise about shoddy Skoda service, you are willing to take the risk. With the ECU remap you will be saying Sayonara to the warranty and (maybe) service. If there is as much as s squeak from the body, it will be the fault of your mods!
Old 4th September 2009, 10:40   #21
BHPian

My car is still too new for me to start messing about with mods but after a year or so who knows... The temptation I am sure would be too much for me not to do the mod.

/sanjay
Old 4th September 2009, 10:49   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by san9jay View Post
My car is still too new for me to start messing about with mods but after a year or so who knows... The temptation I am sure would be too much for me not to do the mod.

/sanjay
I was hoping you would be the guinea pig before I decide to plonk it in my Superb The car is pretty quick already but I think it could do with a little more torque

However I am vary about putting this on regular unleaded fuel. The car already recommends 95 Octane and I am using regular 91 since getting higher octane is a pain. If you do decide to get the box make sure you use only 95 or higher octane fuel. I am looking to use Octane Boosters, but not sure which one.That would make sure your engine stays healthy and you get the power you are paying for.
Old 10th September 2009, 16:44   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berj79 View Post
Have u asked the dealer which fuel to use?? The TSI engines available in the new superb & laura are the exact same engines available around the world, identical horse power & torque, in different countries skoda recommends 95 octane fuel, hope they have tuned the engines for 91 octane in india,
thanks..
My mistake. I am now using the premium petrol. I had not noticed that the car had a 91/95 octane recommendation.
Old 10th September 2009, 16:59   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I was hoping you would be the guinea pig before I decide to plonk it in my Superb The car is pretty quick already but I think it could do with a little more torque

However I am vary about putting this on regular unleaded fuel. The car already recommends 95 Octane and I am using regular 91 since getting higher octane is a pain. If you do decide to get the box make sure you use only 95 or higher octane fuel. I am looking to use Octane Boosters, but not sure which one.That would make sure your engine stays healthy and you get the power you are paying for.
I agree. I am now using the premium petrol.

Took the car on a long drive from Chennai to Kodai and back.

I used the premium gas and got an average of 9.5 km/l from Chennai to the foothills. 8.5 km/l from Dindigul upto Kodai (Sports mode in the hills and I did not spare the horses going up). Coming back i got an overall average of 10.3 km/l from Kodai to Chennai. (7 hours driving time, +1 hour for lunch and toilet stops)

Pretty happy with the economy. I was driving fairly aggressively and I am sure if I was gentler with my right foot she would have given me a hell of a lot better mileage.

The sports mode in the hills is awesome. The car was leaping off the corners and handling was awesome for such a large car.

Had a friend trying to tail me in a Honda CRV and poor chap was left way behind.

The tiptronic gears were used quite a bit, much more than I expected to use it. Very useful to keep the car in the correct rev/gear range when you have to momentarily slowdown and then speed up again as well as for engine breaking.

/sanjay
Old 10th September 2009, 17:29   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I must say you are bold people.

With enough noise about shoddy Skoda service, you are willing to take the risk. With the ECU remap you will be saying Sayonara to the warranty and (maybe) service. If there is as much as s squeak from the body, it will be the fault of your mods!
Seeing as Skoda has such shoddy service for normal untuned cars, its probably the one car where adding an ECU remap makes sense. They can't possibly get worse so why not have some fun when you want?
Old 11th September 2009, 19:17   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys let's stick to the topic and keep sarcastic comments to one self. This topic is about ECU mod to a Superb NOT a discussion on Skoda's service! There are enough threads on that so please don't convert this into a Skoda bashing thread. I'm sure every Skoda buyer here is well aware of their service and other glitches hence repeating it over in every thread make no sense.
Anyway, getting back to the topic - sanjay, by premium petrol do you mean power/speed or a petrol with higher octane rating? If you are using power/speed it's not gonna solve your problem as they are simply unlead petrol+additives, they have no octane boosters.
Old 12th September 2009, 11:20   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Anyway, getting back to the topic - sanjay, by premium petrol do you mean power/speed or a petrol with higher octane rating? If you are using power/speed it's not gonna solve your problem as they are simply unlead petrol+additives, they have no octane boosters.
I am talking about Indian Oil Xtra premium petrol. That is a 91 octane petrol.
I usually stick to a single petrol station for all my fuel. Of course when out of town I take what I can get.

/sanjay
Old 17th September 2009, 00:41   #28
Senior - BHPian

Peter is using the custom code remap which are reliable. However I would have liked to see a switchable programme where in case of low quality fuel available one could switch the programme to stock one.
You could also look at the Revo Technik | ECU Remap | Engine Management Software| Audi Porsche Seat Skoda Volkswagen VAG another reliable company.
They have a remap which can be switched to stock programme and back to a remapped one. They claim to achieve 220 hp and around 370 NM of torque much higher than the Custom code does. There are also turbo upgrade coming up by APR sports tuning. 1.8 TSI comes with IHI turbo which has it's limitation to the boost pressure, and it's wise to stick to stage 1 remap and one can add the intake system and catback exhaust.

Last edited by Invinsible : 17th September 2009 at 00:42.
Old 17th September 2009, 12:48   #29
BHPian

Quote:

i just checked the inside of the petrol lid, it recommends 91/95 octane petrol, why dont you check the inside of your superb petrol lid, it will be mentioned there about the petrol recommended for the car.
Old 3rd October 2009, 20:55   #30

The ECU remods are only for manual gearboxes.

We, in India, get a 7 speed DSG box with the 1.8 TSI.

The max torque the gearbox is rated for is 250 Nm
and guess what's the current torque of the Superb ??? ... Its 250 Nm.

No unless you want to rip your DSG to bits.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks