Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2009, 09:26   #1

Toyota Innova and Accessories - Questions

Friends,

I have finally decided to replace my aging Tata Indigo after 6 years and have settled on the Innova VX 8S. I had a few questions about the Innova and accessories that I hope some of you can answer

a. Side Step : If I get a side step installed, does it lower the GC ? I think it will, but does it do so to an extent that it starts hitting the speedbreakers etc?

b. Rear Parking Sensors : The VX comes with two rear parking sensors - are they enough ? Or do we need 4. I am reluctant to change this for the time being so unless two sensors are almost useless, I would prefer to stick with it.

c. Rear Bullguard : Can it be installed even with the two reverse parking sensors ? I have noticed that on the Innovas in which the reverse parking sensors are after market fitments that these are not in the vertical center but offset a little towards the top to accomodate the bull guard. If the sensors are in the center, can the bullguard still be installed without making the sensor ineffective ?

d. Front Bullguard : Is this a good idea ? Given the tendency of autos in bangalore, I would think this will be but just want to check.

e. I read somewhere on the forums that the Climate Control disables itself if the blower direction is changed to anything other than towards the chest. Is this the same in other cars and more importantly is it a big deal ?

f. I am thinking of getting leather seats (not covers) from Stanley and want to check if the metal in the jeans (something that normal folks wear ) etc will scratch/tear it. Again I read it on the forum but this wasn't conclusive.

g. Do any of you have a fender pole on the car ? Does it help in judging the far left end ? I am not too keen on it (thinking it will start making the car look like a politician's) but wifey is keen on it.

h. How is the factory fitted CD player and the speaker combination ? I don't want to install a third party CD player since I don't want to see that abnormal space in the dashboard (since the height of the Toyota system is more than that of the regular ones) and the Toyota one is too expensive and not a good VFM (No USB, No front Aux port) ? If you guys know of a good player that will exactly fit in the slot without burning a hole through my pocket - I would like to hear about this as well.

Thanks a lot for your time. I have searched as best as I can on the forums and can't seem to find answers to these questions - but in case someone already has posted an answer would appreciate the links for the posts.

Regards,
Vikas

PS: Also let me know if this needs to be moved to another section.
Old 11th August 2009, 11:24   #2
Team-BHP Support

a - do you really need it? it just looks bad and it really dosent help.

b - yes its good enough.

c - spoils the looks of the car. and bullguards are not good for the car since they transfer the shock of the impact to the chassis.

d - same as above, looks horrendous.

e - lol theres nothing like that.

f - i dont think so.

g - it will spoil the looks. just drive the car a bit and youll get used to the dimensions. you dont need a fender pole.

h - if your an audiophile its crap. at least it plays mp3s. i suggest you keep it since the car comes with steering mounter audio controls. just change the speakers and that itself will make a difference to the sound.

is it diesel or petrol?
Old 11th August 2009, 11:43   #3

Akshay,

Thanks for your answers. Had some more questions/comments below (in bold).

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
e - lol theres nothing like that.
For the climate control - you mean the ACC doesn't switch off or it is not a big deal. Because when I was taking a test drive, I did notice that the AUTO on the console panel switches off. Maybe an issue with the TD car but I don't think so.

g - it will spoil the looks. just drive the car a bit and youll get used to the dimensions. you dont need a fender pole.
Really glad to hear about this :-)

h - if your an audiophile its crap. at least it plays mp3s. i suggest you keep it since the car comes with steering mounter audio controls. just change the speakers and that itself will make a difference to the sound.
OK will think about that. I am assuming JBL would be a good match right ?

is it diesel or petrol?
Diesel. I have read your posts on the Pete's box and was really impressed. But the Innova would be registered in the company's name (for tax benefits). I will have to wait till I have it in my name and then immediately will get the box.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks