Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2016, 17:53   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Full Floor PVC Matting. boon or bane?

I once had to carry an accident victim (albeit a canine one) in my car. Unfortunately, he/she didnt make it, and left my seats and floor entirely bloody. Since i had the foresight to put seat covers and laminate my floor, all I needed to do was a few buckets of water and some soap to bring my car back to normal

Else pulling up to a service centre with a bloody car would have raised some very uncomfortable doubts!

Last edited by greenhorn : 19th January 2016 at 17:56.
greenhorn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2016, 12:45   #32
Senior - BHPian

Fully covered floor mats

Hi,

I am looking for some advice on fully covered floor mats for my New Endeavour.
I am interested to fix one, But the guys in A.S.S says that I could void the warranty as installing a fully covered mat may easily disturb Airbag timers/sensors.
He also asked me to stick to the Ford provided mats.

My worry is, the soft cloth covers in the floor can easily be damaged soon, and I am sure it will become worse during rainy days.

Any advice in this regard?

Thanks
Old 24th March 2016, 13:18   #33
Team-BHP Support

Re: Fully covered floor mats

Benny,

I hate those fully covered vinyl mats. They emit horrid smell and will spoil the ambiance in all ways.

If it was me, I would have done a noodle mat in all places, it covers the floor very nicely. Carpet doesn't get soiled easily and cover it up with a 3D mat by Kagu.
Sheel is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th March 2016, 13:48   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Second Sheel on fully covered vinyl mats.
I have the same installed on my pre-owned Alto, it was fixed by the earlier owner. It is easy to clean dirt and dust. However, when I purchased XUV couple of years back decided against installing vinyl mats due to complexity in getting seats and few panels removed.

I was not confident in skill of an average accessory shop person in doing this. Hence decided to go for 3D Kagu mats for foot-wells and noodle mats for other areas. 1.5 years down, faced no issue with carpet getting soiled.
mpksuhas is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th March 2016, 14:00   #35
BHPian

I had the vinyl floor lamination for my ex(flood dead) car. It was easy to clean and waterproof but a big bummer is that the floor mat don't have any grip over the vinyl surface. Each time a passenger get in the car it moves all over the place causing slippage.

I suggest you to get the 3M noodle mat cover for the entire floor, but you should be okay with vacuuming the entire carpet from time to time as its a dust magnet. If you are regular to 3M service , then it will be taken care during interior service.
Ajay_the_Don is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th March 2016, 14:33   #36
BHPian

Hi congrats on your car.
After seeing the vinyl mat installed in couple of my friends cars, I was tempted to take the plunge.

The process involves taking out all the seats, applying glue on the carpet and later sticking the vinyl sheet over it with some patches on corner areas.

I hated the idea of having to remove all the seat, secondly the very purpose you are installing a vinyl mat is to keep the carpet clean which they are going to paint with loads of glue and the last is the patch work finish.
A modification which cant be undone is always not worth it.

Best is to invest on a 3M foam upholstery cleaner, a brush, a vacuum cleaner and enjoy the carpet floor.
The noodle mat is an awesome thing for rain, slush and mud. Buy, cut and cover the areas you like.

Last edited by Visaster : 24th March 2016 at 14:35.
Visaster is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th March 2016, 17:03   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
However, when I purchased XUV couple of years back decided against installing vinyl mats due to complexity in getting seats and few panels removed.

I was not confident in skill of an average accessory shop person in doing this.
Not just that, what is the point of having a carpet? And in a SUV which has a flat floor, it is comparatively easy to clean it w.r.t floor with edges/contours.

A tip leaned from mod Vid, try cleaning the dirty carpet with a wet tissue, have tried, works wonders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
I hated the idea of having to remove all the seat, secondly the very purpose you are installing a vinyl mat is to keep the carpet clean which they are going to paint with loads of glue and the last is the patch work finish.
A modification which cant be undone is always not worth it.
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2016, 17:54   #38
BHPian

I too would suggest to go in for 3M mats as they cover the entire floor area and are custom cut as per your cars floor dimentions. These are easy to maintain and whether it is mud or water they soak in easily and stay below the visible area so the top of the mat still looks clean. Maybe once a week you could remove the mats and just turn them upside down so that all the residue easily falls off. If you have access to high pressure air, you could use them to clean these mats. overall I have a great experience since last 3 years of using these on both my cars.
hvishwanathan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2016, 20:34   #39
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
The process involves taking out all the seats, applying glue on the carpet and later sticking the vinyl sheet over it with some patches on corner areas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Not just that
In my Swift, I have got this floor lamination (As it is commonly referred by accessory installers) done which is secured together by glue.

But in my Alto K10 the mats are secured by velcro. These are totally reversible as opposed by the ones in my Swift that have been secured by glue.

But if seen as a whole, I'm not getting this done in my next car. I'll clean the floor frequently but not get these lamination.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 20:59   #40
BHPian

Re: Full Floor PVC Matting. Boon or bane?

Sorry for bumping up an old thread, but not sure on where else to post this query.

I got this vinyl floor lamination ("full mat" as termed by the dealership accessories guy) done on my Hyundai i10 Nios. The SA told me that it will make it a lot easier to clean the footwell and is a must-have during monsoons. I naively gave a go ahead to get it done since it didn't cost much. After taking delivery of the car, this has turned out to be an instant regret as the floor lacks sufficient grip since the surface is smooth. The floor mats provided by the dealership, as a part of the basic accessories kit have absolutely zero grip on this vinyl surface and slide around all over the place everytime during ingress and egress.

Is it possible to get this sheet entirely removed, or has anybody ever done so? I am planning to throw it away and install 7D mats which nicely cover the footwell while still being removable.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by ram.iyer95 : 17th August 2021 at 21:24.
Old 17th August 2021, 21:23   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram.iyer95 View Post
Sorry for bumping up an old thread, but not sure on where else to post this query.
Buy velcro hook-loop from amazon or flipkart and cut in to 5-6 cm pieces. Stick one side on the floor and other on the bottom of the floor mats using feviquick (3 pieces per mat is sufficient).

Last edited by Latheesh : 17th August 2021 at 21:30.
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2021, 08:40   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram.iyer95 View Post
I just checked today morning and found that feviquick is not working in couple of tapes. I borrowed hot glue gun from wife and stuck the velcro again. Google search also suggest to use hot glue gun.

Pic shows bottom of my mat. I will update you in couple of days whether it stays or not.
Attached Thumbnails
Full Floor PVC Matting. Boon or bane?-img_20210818_080014.jpg  

Last edited by Latheesh : 18th August 2021 at 08:43.
Old 18th August 2021, 22:56   #43
Senior - BHPian

Update: Hot glued velcro tapes stays.
Feviquick did not work.
Old 7th January 2024, 14:52   #44
BHPian

Hi All

I have booked a brezza and SA is advising me to get the flooring done in leatherette finish

What is the best option
1. Flooring + mats purchased from Maruti
2. Use 7D mats on original floor
3. Original floor with dealer provided mat

Can we have some pictures of each option

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks