Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2009, 22:29   #1
BHPian

Swift rear bumper

Guys,
Rear bumper of my swift got damaged today. The left side of the bumper is totally gone. I was going at 30kph on the road and slowed down further to cross the speed breaker, but the guy on splendor coming behind me didnt apply the brakes on time and hit the car.

Now, i dont think this bumper can be repaired, as its made of fiber(or can it be???) . What would be the approx cost of new bumper + paint job in bangalore?
Any place other than the authorized maruthi centers where i can get this done?
Old 16th August 2009, 22:50   #2
BHPian

Exactly the same thing happened with me last month and I had to replace my bumper. I replaced it under insurance.. I think it costs about 2500 + around 2000 for painting.
Old 16th August 2009, 23:05   #3
Senior - BHPian

I had the same issue sometime back in Feb. But since its plastic, the deformed areas came back to normal over the course of time

It costs 4500 incl painting. Insurance will pay only half the bumper cost (1250). So you have to pay 1250 plus claim charges.
Old 17th August 2009, 22:51   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
I had the same issue sometime back in Feb. But since its plastic, the deformed areas came back to normal over the course of time

It costs 4500 incl painting. Insurance will pay only half the bumper cost (1250). So you have to pay 1250 plus claim charges.
Fountainheader, won't paying from own pocket be more profitable considering No Claim Bonus?
Old 18th August 2009, 10:29   #5
BHPian

Had been to mandovi yesterday. He gave me a total estimate of 11000 - for the rear bumper, side quarter panel (near the petrol cap) and the dikki. All the 3 were damaged due to the accident. :(

So i decided to claim the insurance for this where i will be paying only 50 % of bumper cost + claim charges. It comes close to 1600.

I will post the pics once i go home today.

One thing i got to know is maruthi service is very very expensive. But thanks to insurance, it didnt cost much.

I enquired for a pair of wiper blades at mandovi and he says it would cost 550 bucks. The guys at the counter said since its MGP quality its expensive. When we get better wiper blades in market (bosch etc) for 150-200 bucks why is maruthi charging so much?
Old 18th August 2009, 10:41   #6
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

most irritating to be rear-ended.
you might want to try green cars in koramangala - his rates are pretty reasonable. suggest it is better to claim insurance - thats why we pay the premium. in my opinion it is false economy to pay the premium AND pay for accident repairs. Just work out the actual potential loss in terms of No Claim bonus and compare that with the cost of personal payout towards repairs. Most times, I think you'll find it is better to get insurance to pay.
Old 18th August 2009, 10:59   #7
BANNED

Maruti service is not expencive mate thy are the cheapest, even my bikes service costs more than my Car, try cars from GM, Ford, Honda, Skoda you'll come to know what is Maruti.
Its good to get it done from Maruti showroom atleast you'll be getting all geniune parts.
Old 18th August 2009, 11:42   #8
Senior - BHPian

abhishek - R. s11000 for rear bumper, door and side panel replacement/repair and painting seems to be realistic and normal. Not at all exorbitant.

Wiper blades - I have found Maruti MGP blades to be far better and lasts longer than any aftermarket blades of the same price range.
Old 18th August 2009, 11:56   #9
BHPian

if you want to work it out cheaper then try sourcing a after market bumper and check whether it fits well and looks original . If you are looking for genuine parts then maruti service center.
Old 19th August 2009, 18:29   #10
BHPian

Thank you guys for enlightining me.

For the past 3 days i was wondering if i was taken for a ride at maruthi service centre. I was comparing the rates with the local service guy rates, thats y i was under the impression that maruthi service is expensive.

Anyways i got my car back from repair. Feels good to have the car back

Thanks again guys.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks