Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2009, 14:36   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
Hi rkbharat, what is ceramic holders? I have never heard of that? I changed my 800's light with wiring harness and 200 watt relay. It seems it is working fine.

Where can I get ceramic holders?
You can get at almost any accessory shop in Bangalore. I got it last year from an accessory shop on the ORR in Belandur for almost 500 bucks!
I've got Phillips Rally 100/90 bulbs with relay and ceramic holders for over 2 yrs now, and am very much satisfied with the performance, be it rain, fog or dry! Initially I used Osram, and they both blew out within a year, but Phillips is still holding strong!
Old 22nd January 2010, 14:12   #32
BHPian

I have recently upgraded my stock bulbs in my new M800 with 100/90 Halonix bulbs with new set of relay & wiring.

I should say the results are awesome. Last week i came from Kothagiri (hill station) in the night around 1 AM and the vision was superb especially at Hair-pin bends. Good results
Old 31st January 2010, 12:29   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssengo View Post
I have recently upgraded my stock bulbs in my new M800 with 100/90 Halonix bulbs with new set of relay & wiring.

I should say the results are awesome. Last week i came from Kothagiri (hill station) in the night around 1 AM and the vision was superb especially at Hair-pin bends. Good results
Can you please let me know where in Chennai you got this done and also the total cost ?

Also, some pictures if possible
Old 7th February 2010, 13:28   #34
BHPian

I had got Philips 130/100 watts bulbs with the wiring and relay. It costed me Rs. 900 in Vapi-Gujarat. The same used to be there on all of our Maruti 800 cars.
Old 8th February 2010, 15:22   #35
BHPian

Well said Rohan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post

I tried going through the Auto lighting thread, but the size of the thread scared me. I'm sure it contains info regarding bulb upgrade for i10, but its very difficult to search. May be, we should have separate threads for lighting upgrade for different car models.

Rohan,
Bangalore
This comment by Rohan is very apt. Most of the contributors are informative and to the point. But some, though well meaning, are not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
I have an eight years old non-ac, MPFI, std maruti 800.

I need to upgrade my headlight. Someone referred me to this thread for guidance. I have been going through it for almost two hours now and I am not any wiser.

Firstly, it is too long.

Secondly, it talks of all kinds of cars so mention of maruti 800 must be hidden somewhere inside.

Thirdly, my requirement are not too many or too technical or too specific.

I am not happy with the puny beam that my Maruti 800 throws out.

I require an upgrade but that which requires less modifications.

I do mostly city driving so I do not need a radical upgrade.

The upgrade should be east to install. It should not require special skills to operate or maintain (e.g. for preventing excessive heating).

Seem like a set of contradictory requirements. Yeah yeah. I know. But am I not in the company of experts.
May I invite your attention to my post given above. Earlier I posted it on the Auto Lighting Thread on 4th February 2010, 17:34. Any recommendations will be whole heartily welcomed.
Old 17th February 2010, 18:22   #36
BHPian

I recently upgraded my stocks headlamp bulbs in M800 to 100/90 Philips Rally Bulbs and the result is "Awesome".
Old 17th February 2010, 18:55   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssengo View Post
I recently upgraded my stocks headlamp bulbs in M800 to 100/90 Philips Rally Bulbs and the result is "Awesome".
Can you please let me know where in Chennai you got this done and also the total cost ?
Old 17th February 2010, 19:08   #38
BHPian

Just a quick note to add, the effectiveness or brightness of a healight should be checked against lights coming from traffic inthe opposite direction. In pitch black conditions, whatever light is emittted will seem bright enough!
Old 17th February 2010, 19:13   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post
Just a quick note to add, the effectiveness or brightness of a healight should be checked against lights coming from traffic inthe opposite direction. In pitch black conditions, whatever light is emittted will seem bright enough!
. The Philips Xtreme power in both of my vehicles fare far far better than stock in this test.
Old 23rd February 2010, 05:25   #40
BHPian

I just bought a Swift VDi selling my Swift VXi a month ago. What I missed was removing the Xtreme power bulbs before selling the petrol. The stock headlamps are pathetic for highway trips. Xtremes are really good. Just plug and glow. No relays, nothing!
Old 25th February 2010, 13:18   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by para_7k View Post
I got it done in Khivraj MASS in Chennai. The total cost came to around 2K with the Philips Rally 100/90 bulbs, wiring kit and relay.
Old 25th February 2010, 13:31   #42
Team-BHP Support

Auto lighting thread has info about ceramic holders.
Actually, they are bakelite holders and come as part of roots wiring kit for approx 700rs.
With this kit you can put in 130/100W bulbs, and holders will not melt due to heat. However the reflector can get damaged
Old 28th February 2010, 23:03   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by para_7k View Post
I too got this done. At Avadi.

Cost
Bulbs - 140/- X 2 = 280/-
Relay - 650/-
Labour - 50/-
Old 23rd August 2010, 10:11   #44
BHPian

@para_7k thanks for this post; the photographs show the lighting effect pretty well. I too shall go for the Philips 60/55 to get that little extra visibility.
Our vision follows the logarithmic law for perception hence an 80% increase in illumination efficiency will result in much less change in its perception.
I would not like to install excessively bright lights for two reasons: 1.) I do not wish to blind on-coming drivers; and 2.) I do not want to become increasingly blind to objects that lie outside my own beam.
I wish other drivers too be considerate and use low beam when there are oncoming vehicles.
Old 16th November 2010, 18:19   #45
BHPian

X-tremePower

I got this 12342XPS2, H4 60/55W Philips X-tremePower (Made in Germany)
MRP: 1200/-, purchase price 1120/- (including VAT)

Is this original ?

It has Japanese writing on it and also has Philips electronics , Kolkata as Marketing contact/Importer

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks