Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2009, 07:20   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
I'm not sure what you mean by "hunt"
Hunting is a phenomenan wherein the engine at idle - changes the RPM so slightly that it is noticeable to the trained EAR.

If you've driven Ambys fitted with Matador Diesel Engines or a TATA 407 on a cold start, you will know what i mean.

Even if you try controlling the RPM with the accelerator, you will realise that the engine has a mind of its own - Its known as engine Hunting, This was more common in older gen diesel engines!

In common rail diesel engines, one can understand the engine better by listening to it at idle
Old 6th September 2009, 17:24   #92
rippergeo

@headers- Nope, No hunting.

Some pics from today's drive.
Attached Thumbnails
The MAD Swift VDi-06092009589.jpg  

The MAD Swift VDi-06092009609.jpg  

The MAD Swift VDi-06092009600.jpg  

Old 6th September 2009, 17:33   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@headers- Nope, No hunting.

Some pics from today's drive.
the car looks modest but theres a beast lurking inside eh. good job mate. the wheels look good.
Old 6th September 2009, 17:38   #94
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
the car looks modest but theres a beast lurking inside eh. good job mate. the wheels look good.
Thanks-
about the wheels-they are plain jane straight spoke alloys from toyota, now painted with mud
I think they look OK now because the car has been lowered quite a bit and they seem to fill up the wheelwells a lot better.

Old 6th September 2009, 18:03   #95

Hello Rippergeo,

The modifications are excellent, how about taking it to the next level with these doors and a bodykit!!
Attached Thumbnails
The MAD Swift VDi-dutchedition2.jpg  

Old 6th September 2009, 19:38   #96
BHPian

ripper doesnt go for bling. He prefers stuff that can make his adrenalin rise. Plus he is already married so he doesnt need to attract chicks.
Old 6th September 2009, 20:02   #97
BHPian

So another Athirappally-Vazhachal trip eh?
Or did you went up to Valparai?
Old 6th September 2009, 20:03   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srijit View Post
Plus he is already married so he doesnt need to attract chicks.
Why not? One can always attract chicks with such doors

@ Ripper: If your engine does not hunt - please dont touch your injectors. I understand your need for more, but wait for sometime until the engine hunts then anyways it is necessary to clean the injectors!!

Last edited by headers : 6th September 2009 at 20:05.
Old 6th September 2009, 20:38   #99
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunei Sultan View Post
Hello Rippergeo,

The modifications are excellent, how about taking it to the next level with these doors and a bodykit!!
Thanks.
I'm really not into mods for looks. Even the ICE is pretty crappy according to everyone who's sat in my car.
Another reason is to avoid getting into pissing contests with ricers who interpret bling as "racer/ricer"
Quote:
Originally Posted by srijit View Post
ripper doesnt go for bling. He prefers stuff that can make his adrenalin rise. Plus he is already married so he doesnt need to attract chicks.
Attracting chicks with this car?
My wife already hates the car for the amount of time I spend with it at MASS/Peter or on DRIVEs
All I need to do now is start attracting chicks- she'll torch the car with me in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilash_iv View Post
So another Athirappally-Vazhachal trip eh?
Or did you went up to Valparai?
Just a quick athirapilly trip. the ground clearance might be an issue now on jungle roads, so did not contemplate the valparai option

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
@ Ripper: If your engine does not hunt - please dont touch your injectors. I understand your need for more, but wait for sometime until the engine hunts then anyways it is necessary to clean the injectors!!
I'm still in 2 minds. The current map is slightly low on power(relatively) but the car is still fast enough to cause serious bodily harm if driven carelessly.
There is no smoke in the RVMs, and the hatch door and glass are mainly building up dust and mud rather than soot.

its been a few days on this map- and I'm already getting the craving for a stronger rush. Peter has asked me to drive around till I get bored of the current tune and if I still feel like I need more, then get the injectors cleaned and try the aggressive maps. So, I'll wait and see.
The place that was recommended has had only good reviews from everyone, especially Peter. It's only because I know how easily things can go wrong during injector cleaning, that I'm holding back.

The other swift is running much better than before, after the injectors were cleaned and thats the main reason why I want to try it. Not jumping into it. will debate with myself for a while longer before I decide.

Last edited by rippergeo : 6th September 2009 at 20:40.

Old 6th September 2009, 21:42   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Not jumping into it. will debate with myself for a while longer before I decide.
So tomorrow, then.
Old 7th September 2009, 20:26   #101
1001bhp

Quote:
Another reason is to avoid getting into pissing contests with ricers who interpret bling as "racer/ricer" .
Tats quite true doc.i ve had quite a lot of encounters with guys who think i am game for a race just cause i ve projectors and a spoiler.

Old 7th September 2009, 22:00   #102
Senior - BHPian

amazing car ripper - she's a real sleeper!

cheers
Old 8th September 2009, 08:38   #103
BHPian

glad to see your updated thread!
Old 8th September 2009, 18:49   #104
BHPian

wow.. nice thread.. I`m getting my new swift by next week and i was planning for lil mods and this thread has been an eye opener.. I`m planning to install Rd's xm400 ECU and a good air filter as of now.. I dunno how far the 25% boost in torque and bhp is true but i`ll still give it a go..
Old 8th September 2009, 19:45   #105
rippergeo

Thanks CK, anekho
@1001bhp- stay safe. I'm actually thinking of getting rid of the Pete's and the bilstein stickers. They also make it kinda easy for people to identify the car. i dont want the private buses of cochin marking me for assasination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushanth View Post
wow.. nice thread.. I`m getting my new swift by next week and i was planning for lil mods and this thread has been an eye opener.. I`m planning to install Rd's xm400 ECU and a good air filter as of now.. I dunno how far the 25% boost in torque and bhp is true but i`ll still give it a go..
The RD ECU is pretty good VFM and does what it says on the box. If thats enough, good for you. However, if you're torque crazy like me....

planning to raise the car's front end a little (5 mm might do). My new workplace has a huge bump at its only entrance. scrape a little every day on entry, no damage done, but it hurts to listen to that sound every day.

Last edited by rippergeo : 8th September 2009 at 19:48.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks