Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2009, 15:54   #1

Is it possible to install a Civics engine on a Baleno?

Hi All,

I was wondering if it is possible to install a Civics engine on a Baleno?

Please let me know if I have an option to do this. I also want to know if there any other things I can do to increase the power. Currently, I have a K&N filter with a header. That is it. It was my dream to have a powerful engine like the Civics engine on a light-weight car like Baleno.

Thank you so much for all your suggestions in advance.
Old 30th August 2009, 20:18   #2
Senior - BHPian

Haha, i wonder what you're gonna call the car.

Zen with honda engine is Zonda so Baleno with Honda engine should be a "Bonda"

Shan2nu
Old 30th August 2009, 20:30   #3
BHPian

@Shan2nu Too bad we already have the 600 BHP Italian monster Pagani Zonda.
"BONDA"

btw a Civic engine in a Baleno is unhead of IMO. Let's wait for the "car"diologists to answer ( a car's heart is the engine :-p)
Old 30th August 2009, 21:16   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baleno4397 View Post
Hi All,

Go ahead! Nothing is impossible in this world. Yes you can install Civics engine but not only engine you may have to install transmission, entire engine, if possible steering assembly too.

So you have to use only Baleno's shell and rest all Civic's
Old 30th August 2009, 21:38   #5
Senior - BHPian

Baleno has enough potential to be as good as a Civic, and better. Why go with a castrated engine from a Civic?
Old 30th August 2009, 21:41   #6
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

I don't understand the whole point of putting in a Civic engine into a baleno. Firstly, I doubt the engine will fit into the bay owing to its larger size. Secondly, I am assuming fitting the gearbox casing would involve a lot of work to be done on the baleno and not worth the time and effort IMO. The R18 is going to make the car front end heavy, thereby spoiling the handling of the car. Also a bigger pain would be getting the wiring done on the car. In short its too much of a hassle and not a sure cut process by any means. You are bound to come across hell lot of issues. And given that a baleno doesn't come cheap, why try all this? I can understand someone trying to experiment on a zen. Or even with a B16 in a baleno.

Better route would be to pick up a OHC and go the D/B/H series way, atleast its been done before and documented quite vastly. If you indeed want to stick to modding the baleno then mod the existing engine itself. If not, this whole project could make you regret having taken this route.

Shan, I prefer Balda to Bonda .
Old 30th August 2009, 21:58   #7
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baleno4397 View Post
Hi All,

Why not politics or economics!!!

More seriously, I guess the bonnet has enough space. Hopwever, mating the transmission, etc. will be a pain.

Last edited by sgiitk : 30th August 2009 at 21:59.
Old 30th August 2009, 23:23   #8
Senior - BHPian

Short answer? No.

Long answer? Anything is possible.

You'll need custom engine mounts (provided it even fits), custom gear linkages, depending on how the hydraulics are, custom or Civic clutch/brake systems, a Civic instrument cluster (because the ECU talks only in digital to everything in the car), custom driveshafts and God knows what else.

And all this work to put in a "economy" Honda engine. Going across manufacturers is a big pain.

Find a Suzuki hyper engine and slot that in. There has to be one in the 1.6 bracket.
Old 31st August 2009, 00:14   #9
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Arun, I doubt the engine will fit without having to do extensive engine bay reconstruction work. Even if one does manage to fit in the engine, like you mentioned getting custom driveshafts that will hold up would be near to impossible. The biggest problem though would be getting the wiring, ECU, instrument cluster bit working without glitches and getting the gearbox to fit without extensive bodywork. Then you need suspension that can take the burden of the additional weight of this engine.

Even if all this is done, I see the cost hitting upwards of 5-6L. And you are still not sure, if it will work out right at the end of it all. Its too much of a risk to invest in such a project.

I would anyday turbo the G16B or get the M16 (if I am forced to do a swap) and try it out.
Old 31st August 2009, 00:26   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rageshgr View Post
@Shan2nu Too bad we already have the 600 BHP Italian monster Pagani Zonda.
"BONDA"
sorry guys i cant help it. bonda hahahahah!!!

okay seriosly why would you wana do that!! and baleno!! dude??!!

i am no way capable of answering or even suggesting stuff to you. but why not try remapping and stuff whatever you guys call it. ! i have seen 300 hp OHC on this forum. that was like awesome!!. maybe your civic can do it too!!
Old 31st August 2009, 09:55   #11
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Anything is possible or rather nothing is impossible, but is that reasons enough to do it?

Civic engine will be expensive, the entire transmission also will be reruired. It will be a costly transformation.

Subjective but Baleno by itself is does not have the best of interiors nor does it have a lot of snob value so why do it?
Old 31st August 2009, 10:09   #12
Senior - BHPian

Frankly, it would make more sense to just fit a turbo on the Baleno engine.
This way you not only get more power than the Civic, but more torque as well.

Shan2nu

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks