Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2010, 09:02   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Thanks @ImmortalZ for your inputs. But, have you met/seen anyone sporting that Getz/Accent CRDi red color on a Lancer ? I mean would it look too gaudy on the Lancer ?

Pramod thanks for your suggestion. And yes they are in the league of their own. But, by Ferrari red you mean 'Palio red' is it ?
What about the OEM yellow ? I'm in a severe dilemma as I have seen red lancers but either repainted to yuck red or not maintained properly or repainted to something else that looks red and does not have an appeal to it. So if I can manage the exact shade then probably I can consider a red repaint.
Also, I visited an expert in Bangalore yesterday and he suggested that Subaru blue would look great as well. I remember seeing the color, hope I can find it and post it here.

Thanks again guys!

There are very less number of blue lancers so painting it in that color means its going to be unique. But even a slight sctrach would mean a lot of money as souncing the same match of color would be expensive and not everyone can do it. I always feel the Palio red is little bit different thnan the ferrari red, anyways you can look at the ferrari cataloge at DuPont paint booths and can easily find out what is the color code, BTW here in kerala i have seen a lot of well maintained red lancers and they look great. There is a leela tuned turbo lancer in our classifieds please have a look at the fit and finish and also the color, its awesome.

PS: do not paint it in yellow, looks yuck IMHO unless its a 3 stage pearl finish.

Pramod
Old 11th January 2010, 09:16   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
=I always feel the Palio red is little bit different thnan the ferrari red, anyways you can look at the ferrari cataloge at DuPont paint booths and can easily find out what is the color code.
I get the exact same feeling. Thanks for the Dupont tip, I'll ask for the Standox/Dupont red color catalogue.
Why so much fuss ? Because, once you color it and shell 25 grand or so and if it doesn't come out well then its a cause thats lost more than the moolah. That is why I'd prefer the OEM. But I'll have a look at the color catalogue.
Quote:
PS: do not paint it in yellow, looks yuck IMHO unless its a 3 stage pearl finish.

Pramod
Point taken. But it doesn't look toooo bad. But it depends on person to person. Thanks!
Old 11th January 2010, 12:34   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Depends on the muffler. I like the ones without much bass. A bit... metallic - I want to hear the engine scream it's valves off - not the bloody exhaust system.
Sports car manufacturers like Ferrari do research on the exhaust system, to produce that addictive sound. If it is the raw metallic (or that noisy) sound which everyone prefers, they'd better put a direct pipe out of the engine.

I'd use a muffler with a sound which is even appealing to someone who doesn't even know how an engine functions, and I am very sure the deep growl will be preferred to the rally sound by the majority. Many people will tend to think that there's something wrong with the exhaust (rusted hole) when they hear these kind of metallic/rally/noisy exhausts.
Old 11th January 2010, 14:35   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Sports car manufacturers like Ferrari do research on the exhaust system, to produce that addictive sound. If it is the raw metallic (or that noisy) sound which everyone prefers, they'd better put a direct pipe out of the engine.

I'd use a muffler with a sound which is even appealing to someone who doesn't even know how an engine functions, and I am very sure the deep growl will be preferred to the rally sound by the majority. Many people will tend to think that there's something wrong with the exhaust (rusted hole) when they hear these kind of metallic/rally/noisy exhausts.
Very well said clever, this is the kind of sound i was looking for, trust me yesterday i have tried driving it till the red line and the sound is not that loud to disturb. THe groul is very deep and suttle.

Immortalz, every one has a prefrence right buddy? and too me this sound is music .

Pramod
Old 11th January 2010, 14:54   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Very well said clever, this is the kind of sound i was looking for, trust me yesterday i have tried driving it till the red line and the sound is not that loud to disturb. THe groul is very deep and suttle.

Immortalz, every one has a prefrence right buddy? and too me this sound is music .

Pramod
Pramod, your car looks great, simple and elegant. the paint job looks really neat. loved your first picture of the car. can pass on anytime as an advertisement for Lancers in some magazines. []

why don't you go for the BMW style alloys, they would look good on your lancer.

cheers
Old 11th January 2010, 15:07   #81
Senior - BHPian

You mean Deep Dish and multispoke ones ? Where does one source the same now except the BMW showrooms ?
Old 11th January 2010, 15:15   #82
BHPian

Quote:
1. 15" Alloys+ Tyres
2.Seat Covers
3.DOHC Head
4.ICE Upgrade
5. Turbo + Break Upgrade

I am more of a sleeper fan, nothing fancy. Now with the end can when i launch her at signals everyone looks

Pramod
Hey Pramod, good going. I guess you are the 2nd or 3rd person who have put the DOHC head.

Can you tell me how the car is performing now ? Or how different is she behaving ?

With this DOCH Head, is turbo charging still usless (not that effective) ?
Old 11th January 2010, 15:26   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by regnex View Post
Pramod, your car looks great, simple and elegant. the paint job looks really neat. loved your first picture of the car. can pass on anytime as an advertisement for Lancers in some magazines. []

why don't you go for the BMW style alloys, they would look good on your lancer.

cheers
Thanks, I guess you are talking of the ones like that on the blue BMW modded by autopsyche. I will see if i can post a link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
You mean Deep Dish and multispoke ones ? Where does one source the same now except the BMW showrooms ?
Gujri , BMW rims wont fit a lancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil.Bhujbal View Post
Hey Pramod, good going. I guess you are the 2nd or 3rd person who have put the DOHC head.

Can you tell me how the car is performing now ? Or how different is she behaving ?

With this DOCH Head, is turbo charging still usless (not that effective) ?
I would be the 3rd person, if i do it before anyone else does it , but the project is not yet complete. These DOHC heads are not that readily available. I have my friend hunting for one in Dubai, lets see if he can find a nice one. I also told my friends in UK to look for one.

Indian lancers are 8 valve, the exhaust is not very efficient so turboing the SOHC model dosent yeild satisfactory results. The DOHC itself give a jump up to 118 BHP form the present 87BHP, Then turbo it you can expect close to 130BHP easily with the stock internals and injectors. So it will be more close to a lancer JDM than a mirage with all these mods. .But thats not the aim. I want to retain this car so, why not put some mony on it.

Pramod

Last edited by pramodkumar : 11th January 2010 at 15:28.
Old 11th January 2010, 21:23   #84
Senior - BHPian

New Muffler - Some videos!!

So today we took Pramod's lancer to one empty road in Techno, and filmed some videos. Here goes!

BTW, use some good HEADPHONES while you watch these videos, otherwise no fun.

1) Launch - I
This one driven by yours truly, Pramod did the filming

2) Launch - II
Driven by pramod, filmed by yours truly.

3) Drive by
Driver - again yours truly!

Thank you so much Pramod for letting me drive (hard) your machine.

Last edited by clevermax : 11th January 2010 at 21:25.
Old 11th January 2010, 21:47   #85
BHPian

Nice videos. The exhaust doesn't sound that loud. Or is it because of the video ?
Old 11th January 2010, 22:02   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil.Bhujbal View Post
Nice videos. The exhaust doesn't sound that loud. Or is it because of the video ?
Thanks mate.

Yes, it doesn't sound loud at all when driven normally. In these videos, the car is pushed a bit hard so there is some sound. But this is shot with my cell phone camera, which tends to pick up the noise more than the bass notes of the exhaust...

Needless to say, it is better to listen directly than this video.

Last edited by clevermax : 11th January 2010 at 22:04.
Old 11th January 2010, 22:27   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Thank you so much Pramod for letting me drive (hard) your machine.

Dude you rock, I just love the enthusiasm you have for these kinda things, For others mr. Max woke up late on a Saturday afternoon and i give him a call, Dude i am getting a end can installed, In ten minutes he calls me back asking me for directions to the w/s. Hats off to you . Awesome driving BTW.

Pramod
Old 12th January 2010, 11:09   #88
Senior - BHPian

is it same road close to IBS?? sound can be slightly louder. looks cool.
Old 12th January 2010, 11:51   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
Same road we tested your lil monster . This is close to a empty road we can get in trivandrum.

Pramod
Old 12th January 2010, 11:59   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
Yea the very same road! The sound is in fact a bit more louder than the video makes you think... But can't match your T-OHC's sound!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks