Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2009, 12:42   #46
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
I have a Green Cotton stock replacement filter, I have switched off the Pete's box and the engine is still wonderful. I hardly miss the Pete's.

Cheers,
????

Why did you switch off the pete box? First one who seems to be happy with the power even without pete?

Pls elaborate.

Also I believe you had planned a unique tyre size upgrade - did you go ahead and do it??
Old 19th September 2009, 17:45   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
????

Why did you switch off the pete box? First one who seems to be happy with the power even without pete?

Pls elaborate.

Also I believe you had planned a unique tyre size upgrade - did you go ahead and do it??
I am using the Laura more on the highways now. On highway drives the additional torque/acceleration is not really called for but, it started playing havoc with my FE. The Green Cotton (stock replacement) filter has made a difference by itself so I switched the Pete's box off to check it out. I might switch it on for city drives though (to get me out and ahead of a pack of cars quickly).

I had to drop my plans for the tyre upsize due to non-availability, I went in for Michelin Primacy HP in stock size and must say that these tyres are very good.

Cheers,
Old 21st September 2009, 17:57   #48
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
I am using the Laura more on the highways now. On highway drives the additional torque/acceleration is not really called for but, it started playing havoc with my FE. The Green Cotton (stock replacement) filter has made a difference by itself so I switched the Pete's box off to check it out. I might switch it on for city drives though (to get me out and ahead of a pack of cars quickly).

I had to drop my plans for the tyre upsize due to non-availability, I went in for Michelin Primacy HP in stock size and must say that these tyres are very good.

Cheers,
Thats the first confirmation of pete causing a drop in effeciency due to driving style in real world use.

Actually had though that the pete box would help in quick overtaking on the highways

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks