Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2009, 21:01   #61
Senior - BHPian

Sadly, considering the Indian roads, lowering springs on a car with skirts is not a good decision. Scraped skirts look really bad. If I were you, I wouldn't put them; haven't done in my car with Eibach springs.
Old 3rd October 2009, 22:06   #62
BHPian

The Red Machine got Killer looks, Nice Mods Freakrz good going
Old 3rd October 2009, 22:15   #63
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Deepak, dont get me wrong. But what is the intended purpose of all these mods? If its a street build, I think its pointless to have lowered the car with side skirts on it. If its for track use, you are only adding more weight. And I don't think you live close by to either of the tracks? If its a drag build, again you are wasting a lot of money just on adding weight. Is it going to be just a show off/bragging car? I hope this project is not something you have started out without keeping in mind what use the car would be for or just to make it look & sound a lot cooler than the rest of the swifts in the country.

Thats quite a lot of money you have poured into the car. I hope you have already chosen what direction you want to go with this car. If not, you will end up being disappointed.
Old 4th October 2009, 12:55   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Twin exhausts (both seem to have carbon deposits)? What engine mods?
That second exhaust is just for show,that car does'nt have any engine mod's.its stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
The lowered car looks great. Its made the car look even more aggressive. How is the ride quality now?? does the suspension bottom out faster than usual??

How much drop was mentioned on the springs?? since its a PRO-KIT the drop must be around 30MM I think.
I love the ride,it does give an aggressive look and i completely gave up on the comfort aspect of the ride,but its so good around the corners,i could so feel the road better now.

I am not sure on the drop,though i did not get anything with the springs,i checkd the website online it says 30mm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Sadly, considering the Indian roads, lowering springs on a car with skirts is not a good decision. Scraped skirts look really bad. If I were you, I wouldn't put them; haven't done in my car with Eibach springs.
I think it depends on the place,considering the place i stay the roads are really good around the city and not many potholes or bad roads and for most part i did not have any problems with the speed breakers around in the city either.its just that extra 1" drop of that 4 point front bar is a bit concern to me.i didn't expect it to drop that low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Deepak, dont get me wrong. But what is the intended purpose of all these mods? If its a street build, I think its pointless to have lowered the car with side skirts on it. If its for track use, you are only adding more weight. And I don't think you live close by to either of the tracks? If its a drag build, again you are wasting a lot of money just on adding weight. Is it going to be just a show off/bragging car? I hope this project is not something you have started out without keeping in mind what use the car would be for or just to make it look & sound a lot cooler than the rest of the swifts in the country.

Thats quite a lot of money you have poured into the car. I hope you have already chosen what direction you want to go with this car. If not, you will end up being disappointed.
Yes firstly that's quite a lot of money in the car already and i am very happy with the way the car is coming up.as you asked the intended purpose of the build is primarily for street and if possible i ll hit the track.the closest track to me is in tamil nadu.i am not looking for a drag build definitely,i wouldn't want to overkill it with too much show either.i would like to keep it simple and sporty with some extra power and good handling.

as per lowering the car with the side skirts on isn't a problem at least in vizag,since the roads are of decent shape and most part of the city that i travel regularly is in good shape, the only concern to me is the 4pt lower bar which got a bit lower than i expected.i might end up removing later on.as of now no problem with the speed bumps or the roads either.

Adding weight on the car,as per me i think i have worked quite a bit on the suspension adding the extra strut bars, rear lower arm etc...,i think its definitely worth the money i put into them coz when i really drive it hard around the corners its much stiffer and safer also I can feel the road better on the steering.its just the struts that are missing in,with them it would be complete.

I haven't got a chance to work on the engine yet.since its a bit technical and there isn't enough expertise available around here in vizag, i didn't get a chance to take a look on that. i am also considering TC which is quite a lot of money so working on it for now.

I have actually weighed the car before i put the Carbon Fiber Hood and the 4pt Front Lower Bar/2pt Rear Bar/2 Pt Rear Lower Bar/CF Mirrors It weighs 1030Kgs with the spare tyre . The stock lxi's kerb is around 980kgs.That's about 50kgs heavier considering the Full FFe + Air Intake + 15" Rims + Stereo+4 Spks +Rear Parcel Tray + Seats + Front strut bar

I will definitely weigh it sooner and will let you know how its going with the rest.i am guessing it to be around there since i have removed the stock hood and the bar's don't weigh too much either.

no hard feelings, i get your point as you say there should be an ideal idea of what you are looking to build before you start off .
Old 7th October 2009, 12:46   #65
BHPian

nEW wEIGHT of the car

Finally got a chance to take it out to weigh. i was quite surprised on that, its now 1010 Kilos with the spare tyre , its cut by 20 kilos . i guess its not that bad with all the strut bars on the car.

The New Weight is 1010kgs and the other 1030kgs is prior to the CF Hood/Mirrors and all suspension stuff.

Name:  IMG_2489.JPG
Views: 2096
Size:  282.5 KB

With Friends Civic
My Swift Stage 1-img_2359.jpg

My Swift Stage 1-img_2361.jpg
Old 21st October 2009, 14:56   #66
Senior - BHPian

Do you have any idea about having scissor doors.It looks good for the swift but, you have to dough a lot to it.
How did the recaro seats cost you?
Have fun. Amazing mods.
Old 22nd October 2009, 09:10   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Do you have any idea about having scissor doors.It looks good for the swift but, you have to dough a lot to it.
How did the recaro seats cost you?
Have fun. Amazing mods.
Yes i do know about the Scissor doors and they aren't quite practical and also heard of certain problems with the rattling of doors later on.

those recaro's are replica's ,you should get it any where between 15k-20k a pair
Old 18th April 2010, 23:28   #68

It is really nice mod. I'm yet to get my swift, but when I saw this, I have following questions
1) Did you repainted it, or is it the default RED colour. If yes, i need to change mine, I have booked for Black.
2) Please PM me the dealer/modifier from where I can get this kit, hood, tail lights, I don't mind driving to AP.

Its stunning
Old 16th September 2010, 14:44   #69
BHPian

Thank You,I haven't Painted the Car,its the Solid Red from the Manufacturer.Some of the Parts are purchased from the dealer "Autobhan" from Vizag and some are imported from Malaysia and Taiwan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R15_Lancer_Guy View Post
It is really nice mod. I'm yet to get my swift, but when I saw this, I have following questions
1) Did you repainted it, or is it the default RED colour. If yes, i need to change mine, I have booked for Black.
2) Please PM me the dealer/modifier from where I can get this kit, hood, tail lights, I don't mind driving to AP.

Its stunning

Most Viewed