Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2009, 08:39   #31
BHPian

Have a SARD FPR myself, but be careful of fakes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
You don't need an adaptor. Just plug it in series after the OE FPR and it'll work fine.
Can I ask why the OE FPR should be retained ? Wouldn't it kinda negate the SARD's performance ?
Old 13th September 2009, 02:31   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
Have a SARD FPR myself, but be careful of fakes.

Can I ask why the OE FPR should be retained ? Wouldn't it kinda negate the SARD's performance ?
Nope. Run the SARD after the OE one, on it's return line. Works fine.
Old 14th September 2009, 15:10   #33
Senior - BHPian

So what you are saying is:
- Stock FPR remains attached to the fuel rail.
- Fuel return line from stock FPR -> inlet for SARD FPR
- SARD fuel return line -> petrol tank
Am I right?

How are you connecting both FPRs to the vacuum unit? Are you using some kind of a Y-splitter to accomodate both lines?

How effective is this? I've never seen a stock + aftermarket FPR used together. From a technical point of view, could you explain how this works? And why this wouldn't affect the SARD FPR's intended use?

On another note, if anyone wants to get a little insight into how FPRs are fitted, take a look at this:
SARD FPR works with the stock fuel rail - RX7Club.com

Last edited by razor4077 : 14th September 2009 at 15:19.
Old 16th September 2009, 00:45   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
So what you are saying is:
- Stock FPR remains attached to the fuel rail.
- Fuel return line from stock FPR -> inlet for SARD FPR
- SARD fuel return line -> petrol tank
Am I right?
Yup. Spot on.

Quote:
How are you connecting both FPRs to the vacuum unit? Are you using some kind of a Y-splitter to accomodate both lines?
Yup. Spot on again.

Quote:
How effective is this? I've never seen a stock + aftermarket FPR used together. From a technical point of view, could you explain how this works? And why this wouldn't affect the SARD FPR's intended use?
Quite effective. It bumps up fuel pressure. I use it on my car this way.
Old 18th December 2009, 12:45   #35
BHPian

Quote:
I've bought a Sard FPR for my Lancer, which I haven't gotten around to fitting as yet. Cost 8k, but came without the fuel rail adaptor, which I'll have to get fabricated. I've heard good things about Sard - will see if they are true. I'm waiting till the monsoon gets over and roads, well... resemble roads again.
@razor4077, did you set up your FPR? how is the difference in performance?
Old 18th December 2009, 13:34   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
Since the car has done 85K but still running strong, I have got the required permits from higher authorities (read parents) to sign up my lancer for the first level Modifications and enter the lightweight power lifting competition.

I went to The Automators (Also Neighborhood Motors) who already service both our cars. They are also the authorized dealers for Pete's, K&N, Yokohama etc. I think they are good than most others in the city as their name has appeared in most magazines and websites as the authorized dealers. The guy let me drive his souped up getz to know how performance has changed with the upgrades he carried out on his own personal car.

Here are the prices quoted. Are they valid and are the choices good?
PS: I am doing this for a smoother ride and fat mid-range. I dont plan to convert it into a road racer.

1. Stock replacement K&N filter. 6290/-
He also has pipercross and Green but said K&N has better performance. I do trust him as I mostly see K&N everywhere. What do you all think? I have heard that Pipercross foam filters are supposed to perform better in dirty conditions.

Also he suggested against the typhoon filter with CAI kit as it makes more noise and that not every mechanic in the city can clean the car with care. I agree, there are chances that water may get into the engine.

2. 4 point iridium spark plugs: 2850/-
I dont see the need as per what I have read but he stressed that for Indian fuel its necessary. Worthwhile?

3. Performance cables: 1500/-
To complements the above mentioned mods?

4. Remus FFE: 13499/-
It is street legal. He has assured me that it doesnt make much noise. I am not getting the 4-2-1 headers coz the guy said it means I have to remove the cat con and he suggested that I keep it. How about HKS FFE End can? How much and where can I get it from?

5. fitment cost- 850/-

6. Synthetic oil 4000/-
The car has run all along on mineral oil so I intend to get it decarbonized and flushed and run for the next 20K on synthetic. If I am not satisfied I will switch back to mineral oil.

7. Exedy performance clutch: price????
He mentioned I should get it the next time. Have not changed the clutch until now.

8. philips white bulbs: 650-950/-
I was intending to go for a bi-xenon HID after market unit but the modder suggested against it. Said I should stick to the stock unit.

9. momo steering wheel:
He suggested I stick to the company steering wheel. The leather cover which has worn out will be replaced.

I am keeping the stock 14" alloys and the michelin xm1 tyres (will be replaced by yokohama at 1,00,000.) I asked for Koni shocks as my rear suspension has really gone soft. He said I dont need it and that he will tweak it for me.

total price for 1-6 = 28989/-
a K&N replacement filter fr 6k plus?? on what planet??
Who is this dude?
Old 18th December 2009, 14:52   #37
BHPian

I second wildchild! He is ripping you off on the K&N replacement.
I am sure the retail price in India is 4.9K.
K&N, I would always advise to buy from ebay. You get it delivered in a week and save more than 1.5K on the Indian retail price
Old 28th December 2009, 14:26   #38
BHPian

a friend of mine is an authorized dealer for K&N and i just checked the price..its between 3.8 for the universal and 3.2 for the smaller ones say for the wagon R et al..
Old 28th December 2009, 16:26   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild4lyfe View Post
a K&N replacement filter fr 6k plus?? on what planet??
Who is this dude?
On this one boss :-) The Lancer 4G15 OEM replacement filter (33-2105) from K&N is more expensive than almost all cars I had checked including some of their OEM replacement filters for Mercedes !!
The price difference holds in US as well as here (when I checked).
Old 16th July 2010, 09:42   #40
Senior - BHPian

Can I have the link contact info of the person who sells K&N Universal Conical for 3.8?

1. which oil is good for transmission?
2. Which fuel filter will be good?

Good to stick with company OEM's or any aftermarket products available which will help in the car running better (not necessarily faster)?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks