Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2009, 23:05   #166
BHPian

Another convert to Waxpol.

Come rain or hard sun you car is going to have the wet look for at least 9 years(thats how old my Junkindica is and the paint is the only thing thats propah in my Indica.) if you wax it once in 3 to 6 months depending on whether you park your car out in the open or in the garage. This wax compound is the best value for money and a tremendous boon to our cars paintwork. In addition to making our cars look good I am sure you can burn away 1 kilo of lard from our body every time we wax our car. WARNING!!! This wax compound is not for the weak in spirit and diminished physical strength. Alternatively you could wax the car in sections/panels over a week. Please note that this wax is safe for your plastics which includes headlights and rear tail lamps. Once you apply onto your head lamps and tail lamps they will not get muddy in the rain and look real good for many many years. The shine is stupendous especially of the tail lamps.

Last edited by drpullockaran : 28th October 2009 at 23:20.
Old 29th October 2009, 01:30   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
Come rain or hard sun you car is going to have the wet look for at least 9 years(thats how old my Junkindica is and the paint is the only thing thats propah in my Indica.) if you wax it once in 3 to 6 months depending on whether you park your car out in the open or in the garage. This wax compound is the best value for money and a tremendous boon to our cars paintwork. In addition to making our cars look good I am sure you can burn away 1 kilo of lard from our body every time we wax our car. WARNING!!! This wax compound is not for the weak in spirit and diminished physical strength. Alternatively you could wax the car in sections/panels over a week. Please note that this wax is safe for your plastics which includes headlights and rear tail lamps. Once you apply onto your head lamps and tail lamps they will not get muddy in the rain and look real good for many many years. The shine is stupendous especially of the tail lamps.

Hey Doc,

Can you post pictures of your car, they would be really really helpful.
Old 29th October 2009, 03:28   #168
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
This wax compound is the best value for money and a tremendous boon to our cars paintwork.
Is it available in regular car accessory shops? Any idea of shops in TVM where waxpol is available?
Old 29th October 2009, 16:37   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post

The application took less than 10 minutes for all three panels. I then left it to dry for 30-40 mins.

Thank You drpullockaran !
Drying for 30 - 40 mins?? Is that really necessary? Are there any instructions on the tin? Besides taking up more time for the job, letting it dry for so long will allow some dust to settle back on the surface. So the buffing will again be like sandpapering...

Very tempting review... will definitely try this after my Turtle and 3M get over. Both actually give a good shine, but at least the 3M lasts barely a month. Dunno yet about Turtle yet... as I used it recently.
Old 29th October 2009, 19:11   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Drying for 30 - 40 mins?? Is that really necessary? Are there any instructions on the tin?

The tin just asks to let the wax dry. Frankly I left it for 30 mins because I got busy in some work
Old 29th October 2009, 19:54   #171
Senior - BHPian

waxpol range

got a range of waxpol car care product from spencers last weekend - hope they are not fake (all the stuff is made in Kolkata itself)

Huge Fake Car Polish/Wax market in India-dsc_3978.jpg

Used the Tire shine,vinyl and leather polish and the car wash - all of them work great. Yet to use the wax.
Old 29th October 2009, 20:48   #172
Senior - BHPian

Great review AbhiJ

btw at 20north.com you can order waxes and stuff from US - Shop in the US from India @ 20North - meguiars : Blended (quite expensive though!)

I'll be trying Waxpol too! but will have to find someone stronger to buff it!

Last edited by sohail99 : 29th October 2009 at 20:50.
Old 29th October 2009, 22:39   #173
Senior - BHPian

AbhiJ, thanks for the positive review. I'm having the Waxpol tin lying with me for about 2 weeks, only because I considered it too daunting going by the initial posts and waited for the right opportunity to sweat it out. Thank God, your review and the cool climate here in New Delhi have finally made up my mind to try it out.

My uncle, who happens to love his cars (he was among the first 50 owners of Mercedes E-Class in India when it was launched officially) was into Furniture industry. He told me that they used the same for furnitures and was positive of the the product. He added that he got his Padmini (when it was a luxury more than a decade ago) Waxpol treatment for 150 bucks that time only because of the hardwork involved.

I think the drying time which AbhiJ provided may prove to be harmful. Brainstorm please!

Doc, how to wax the plastics (I mean tail-lamps, head-lamps etc.)?
Old 29th October 2009, 22:40   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post

Can you post pictures of your car, they would be really really helpful.
Here are the pictures of my cars but I do not know how to edit out the number plates likes others do it here since I do not have any photo editing software. I am good at modifying the operating system for speed but nothing else as far as software is concerned but thats way off topic. The XP operating system on my computer is just 132mb and have sent it to Microsoft for their approval. If some moderator could help out here in blanking the number plates. Thank You. The PalioGTX was bought on 23 July 2003 and the Junkindica on 31 May 2000.
The GTX has been booked by one Mr Gautham from Bangalore and will be sold off in Novemebr 3rd week and the Junkindica will be with me for many more years to come. Will take delivery of the Cruze in January 1st week. Not decided about the colour as yet. Wax the plastics as you normally would any painted surface. The only thing to be careful about is that the cloth with which you are going to finally buff it should be clean and dry.
Attached Thumbnails
Huge Fake Car Polish/Wax market in India-dsc_0111.jpg  

Huge Fake Car Polish/Wax market in India-dsc_0053.jpg  

Last edited by drpullockaran : 29th October 2009 at 22:57.
Old 29th October 2009, 23:40   #175
Senior - BHPian

Doc, Amazing job. You seem to be a healthy person considering the hardwork which went into these cars.
Old 29th October 2009, 23:45   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
I think the drying time which AbhiJ provided may prove to be harmful.
Ouch!!

Gurus, please clarify. Whats the ideal drying time?
Old 29th October 2009, 23:45   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Here are the pictures of my cars but I do not know how to edit out the number plates likes others do it here since I do not have any photo editing software. If some moderator could help out here in blanking the number plates.

Just open the Images in Microsoft Paint using the right click and then the open with option.

Then use the tools on the left hand side of the screen to make the necessary corrections or modifications.
Old 29th October 2009, 23:57   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Ouch!!

Don't worry AbhiJ,

As per the Meguiars website FAQ's section the ideal time to let the wax dry should be around 15-20 minutes.

I generally used to let the fake / non fake Formula 1 wax dry for upto 20-30 minutes, haven't faced any issue yet.

I would be doing the same with the Waxpol, once I get my hands on it though.

In my opinion as long as the wax is not abrasive one should not have any issue.
Old 30th October 2009, 00:24   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
Just open the Images in Microsoft Paint using the right click and then the open with option.

Then use the tools on the left hand side of the screen to make the necessary corrections or modifications.

Or you can use a freeware - Paint.Net - Paint.NET - Free Software for Digital Photo Editing

btw I too am hoping for the shade soon on Sunday so I can test out the kit!
Old 30th October 2009, 00:33   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
Great review AbhiJ
I'll be trying Waxpol too! but will have to find someone stronger to buff it!
You could hire me. I need to work more on my biceps anyway...

Quote:
Ouch!!

If the instructions are that the layer has to dry, then I think its pretty simple - you can tell by sight and touch that the surface has dried. I don't think its right to put a constant time for this to happen. It would depend on humidity and also the product itself. In a drier city like Poona, when it is not the monsoons, I would expect the surface to be dry in 5 - 8 mins max. The longer you keep it, more the chances is that you are sandpapering the settled dust rather than buffing.

Most Viewed