Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2010, 22:45   #241
Senior - BHPian

Guys, there is some serious news. My uncle who has a Spares and Detailing Products retail outlet informed that almost all Formula 1 products available in the market are fake.
Old 28th January 2010, 23:28   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, there is some serious news. My uncle who has a Spares and Detailing Products retail outlet informed that almost all Formula 1 products available in the market are fake.
this is shocking . When i enquire in shop and check the flying flag , i make sure that what i buy is genuine.

Do you mean the so called genuine formula one wax are not genuine???
Old 29th January 2010, 07:07   #243
knp
BHPian

Even, I was told the same from my other friend, who deals importing these stuff. He was telling that most of these F1 products are fake and if they are really imported, then their cost would be lot more. He even hinted that they just put some importer label, to show them as genuine.
Old 29th January 2010, 15:17   #244
Senior - BHPian

Geeash and knp, you shouldn't worry as Turtle Wax is widely available now. I mean Xenos has made available Turtle Wax in the North lately, it's available down South for long.

Waxpol's hard wax is another Great option, but do not forget to Buff within 2 minutes of application and go panel by panel. If this is not followed, buff will involve good amount of labour. The results of delayed Buffing are the best, but Quick buffing also produces Good and lasting results.
Old 10th February 2010, 00:36   #245
BHPian

It is not possible to determine if the Formula 1 is original by just looking at the box, stickers, flags etc.,

Recently I had been to Dubai and bought Formula 1 at Carrefour Hypermarket and compared it with the one that I bought in India. The box, flags, product code and other details are exactly the same, however the one that I bought in India is a fake one and I do not see any benefit of applying it. However the one from Dubai produces a remarkable shine.

Lesson learnt - Never buy any Formula 1 product in India and we should all stop buying these spurious products.

Unfortunately I bought only one box and I dont think it would last for more than 6 to 7 applications.
Old 13th February 2010, 20:15   #246
BHPian

Today I bought a can of Turtle Wax (270gm) for Rs. 225/-. Xenos label is there hope this is an original one. Also bought a synthetic chamois (43 X 32 X 0.2 cm) for Rs. 100/-. Tomorrow I'll try both the stuff and hope invested in right products.
Attached Thumbnails
Huge Fake Car Polish/Wax market in India-wax1.jpg  

Huge Fake Car Polish/Wax market in India-wax2.jpg  

Huge Fake Car Polish/Wax market in India-cloth.jpg  

Old 13th February 2010, 23:29   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddiwale View Post
Today I bought a can of Turtle Wax (270gm) for Rs. 225/-. Xenos label is there hope this is an original one. Also bought a synthetic chamois (43 X 32 X 0.2 cm) for Rs. 100/-. Tomorrow I'll try both the stuff and hope invested in right products.
The TW can is original for sure, Xenos is one of the distrubtors in India.
And have the same chamois, You're gonna love it
Old 14th February 2010, 01:15   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
The TW can is original for sure, Xenos is one of the distrubtors in India.
And have the same chamois, You're gonna love it
Thanks akshay. Post the performance tomorrow.
Old 17th February 2010, 16:52   #249
BANNED

i bought formula one 1 today. the big box is for 220 which looks fake and small for 195 which i think is legit. i got the small one. here are pics. the left big box looks weird in print than the right one. shined it up and car is looking good. will post pics later.
Attached Thumbnails
Huge Fake Car Polish/Wax market in India-image0080.jpg  

Huge Fake Car Polish/Wax market in India-image0079.jpg  

Old 17th February 2010, 18:09   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
i bought formula one 1 today. the big box is for 220 which looks fake and small for 195 which i think is legit. i got the small one. here are pics. the left big box looks weird in print than the right one. shined it up and car is looking good. will post pics later.
Next to impossible to make out the fake if not held side by side with the original one.

BTW I have ordered cleaning wax, pack of 3 mf towel and mf wash mittens - all meguiars, from amazon. (via a friend returning from US)
Should get my hands on them soon.
Old 17th February 2010, 20:32   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
The big one is clearly a fake one as compared to the small one. Please note the font of the alphabets on the front of packing where a pic of formula 1 car is. It seems that the label was stretched to some extent after scanning the original one, in order to fit it in the broader tin. On the other side, the sicker on reverse is just the same.
Old 17th February 2010, 21:59   #252
Senior - BHPian

There is no clear-cut differentiation between the two to judge the authenticity. Till date the only way we had to check the authenticity was the Importer's sticker which is now missing. Moreover, as I mentioned earlier almost all fakes are doing rounds of the market (surely in the North).
Old 17th February 2010, 22:03   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post

I always buy my stock from gyro. you will always get original stuff there
Old 18th February 2010, 00:07   #254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YVES View Post
How to remove stains of waters as there is heavy water beeding after I used Colnite liquidwax.
Even after wiping with cloth some water marks stays and after it dries up looks ugly.
Are you sure thats not water swirls under the wax. My car has been sat in the rain for last few weeks and the wax I used months ago is still holding up with none of the signs you mention.

The heavy beading shows it is working.
Old 22nd February 2010, 20:10   #255
Senior - BHPian

Bought a tin of original waxpol pure wax polish. Just wanted to know is the color of wax dark grey/green or is it off white. Have a look at the 3rd pic. Why is it grey green in color.
Attached Thumbnails
Huge Fake Car Polish/Wax market in India-image0071.jpg  

Huge Fake Car Polish/Wax market in India-image0072.jpg  

Huge Fake Car Polish/Wax market in India-image0073.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks