Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2009, 16:44   #106
Senior - BHPian

This is what I saw 3 hours post-rain, water droplets still on the roof whereas the roofs of all cars parked nearby were dry with moist dust. As I turned and reversed the car, these droplets poured inside as the windows were down and even after travelling 2 kms, the roof was still wet.

Notorious, a pic especially for you. You can see me too taking the pic.

Is this Waxing effect aka Water Beading?
Attached Thumbnails
Huge Fake Car Polish/Wax market in India-hpim3129.jpg  

Last edited by tsk13 : 7th October 2009 at 16:46.
Old 7th October 2009, 17:55   #107
Senior - BHPian

Tsk,

Yes that is water beading. It shows that the water is sitting on the layer of wax. So whilst other cars may look dry their actual surface would have got wet whilst on your car the water becomes droplets and just sits on the wax.

Another thing to look for when it is raining is for beads of water to be running down the wings etc. Look at a car that has not been waxes and you will see the difference the wax makes.

Last edited by bigman : 7th October 2009 at 17:57.
Old 7th October 2009, 22:07   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
Tsk,

Yes that is water beading. It shows that the water is sitting on the layer of wax. So whilst other cars may look dry their actual surface would have got wet whilst on your car the water becomes droplets and just sits on the wax.

Another thing to look for when it is raining is for beads of water to be running down the wings etc. Look at a car that has not been waxes and you will see the difference the wax makes.
Thanks BIGman, and congrats for becoming Senior-BHPian.
Old 10th October 2009, 07:42   #109
BANNED

With a Formula 1 wax , how many times one can polish a car (Fabia) if we apply a single coat.
I am trying to get the tin imported in US for some one to bring it for me.
Also if the tin is opened , shat is the shelf life of the wax polish.
Old 10th October 2009, 12:44   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YVES View Post
With a Formula 1 wax , how many times one can polish a car (Fabia) if we apply a single coat.

Once or twice a month should be fine, also try on getting multiple thin layers instead of one thick one.

If the TIN is kept closed tightly then there should be no issue, it would easily last for 6-8 months.

But if the TIN is not closed properly then due to the presence of moisture it tends to get hard, very hard, in fact unusable.
Old 10th October 2009, 12:59   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YVES View Post

I personally wouldn't recommend F1 wax as it conatins abrasives which remove oxidation and will also create swirl marks. Meguiar's NXT tech wax 2.0 is claimed to be the best wax avaiable in the market, Pair it with Meguiar's ultimate quick detailer and you've got the perfect combo

Amazon.com: Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0 (18-Ounce Liquid): Automotive

Amazon.com: Meguiar's G14422 Ultimate Quick Detailer: Automotive

Last edited by akshay_b : 10th October 2009 at 13:04.
Old 10th October 2009, 13:35   #112
BHPian

Tsk13, I have this serious issue. Even after a polish and eventual rain, the water marks remain along with dust which settles on top of the car. It looks really ugly!

Do i have to go for the 3m treatment for the car to regain this wet looks and what-all. I am still very disappointed with the liquid wax polish that I use (Armourall).
Old 10th October 2009, 16:10   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
Tsk13, I have this serious issue. Even after a polish and eventual rain, the water marks remain along with dust which settles on top of the car. It looks really ugly!

Do i have to go for the 3m treatment for the car to regain this wet looks and what-all. I am still very disappointed with the liquid wax polish that I use (Armourall).
Buddy, our fellow friend Raccoon had a bad experience with Armour All liquid wax. Check his reply to me in the following link : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post1474795

I'm a novice in this field and have learnt a lot from BHPians especially Parm, Sunilrj, Raccoon, Bigman etc. and continue to do so. 3 hours post-rain, water droplets remained intact on the waxed car roof and continued to remain so for a longer period as compared to other cars in the vicinity (their roofs had moist dust). What I understood is that Waxing basically delays the drying time of water. Regarding any 3M treatment, the experts in this field over here shall enlighten you and me soon.

Don't get your car polished too frequently, it basically eats out the paint coat. To maintain that sheen on the body, wax it regularly. The waxing interval depends largely upon the Wax used. You being in Madras should be able to find Turtle Paste Wax easily, unfortunately we in Delhi are having a tough time locating one. And it's better if you buy a Microfiber cloth too, else Dhoti is a good alternative.

Polishing basically removes few microns from the paint, restoring Glossy look and Waxing is done to maintain Glossy look. Before Waxing, it is advisable to wash the car using a Car Shampoo.
Old 11th October 2009, 01:09   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post

Yup, it sux big time. Rs. 400 down the drain. I would give that bottle away for free to whoever here who really hates their ride...

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
I personally wouldn't recommend F1 wax as it conatins abrasives which remove oxidation and will also create swirl marks. Meguiar's NXT tech wax 2.0 is claimed to be the best wax avaiable in the market, Pair it with Meguiar's ultimate quick detailer and you've got the perfect combo

Amazon.com: Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0 (18-Ounce Liquid): Automotive

Amazon.com: Meguiar's G14422 Ultimate Quick Detailer: Automotive
While it is mildly abrasive, I feel saying it creates swirl marks and all, is getting carried away. Has this really been your experiece? IMO it does quite a good job... only concern is that its not a "pure" wax. So not for regular use.
Old 11th October 2009, 01:32   #115
BHPian

BUMP BUMP BUMP!!

This is the third post about the same issue / wax, can Anyone Please throw light on Eagle 1 NANOWAX.
I saw them at Elegant, Lajpat Nagar, New Delhi. Was available for Rs. 700/- and comes with a free micro-fibre cloth.

Huge Fake Car Polish/Wax market in India-nanowax.jpg

Image Source: NanoWax<sup>®</sup>
Old 11th October 2009, 01:36   #116
aZa
Senior - BHPian

maglev i have nanowax for rims! They are very good in getting the shine back on chrome rims. I'm sure this one will be good too.
Old 11th October 2009, 10:47   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
maglev i have nanowax for rims! They are very good in getting the shine back on chrome rims. I'm sure this one will be good too.

How long does the shine last??

At what price + from where did you buy it??
Old 11th October 2009, 11:43   #118
aZa
Senior - BHPian

I think i bought it long back from DRIVEN EoK, it costed me around 400 for a tiny container. The shine lasts a while if you wash the rims with water daily. My car cleaner usually washes them :( and noida water isn't too good with metals.
Old 12th October 2009, 00:29   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
I think i bought it long back from DRIVEN EoK, it costed me around 400 for a tiny container. The shine lasts a while if you wash the rims with water daily. My car cleaner usually washes them :( and noida water isn't too good with metals.
a vehicle should be washed once in a week or two weeks! specially in noida and Fbd as the water is heavy and it causes rust.

less water contact with metal surfaces including wheel rims the better it is to keep away the dust!
Old 12th October 2009, 00:42   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
a vehicle should be washed once in a week or two weeks! specially in noida and Fbd as the water is heavy and it causes rust.

less water contact with metal surfaces including wheel rims the better it is to keep away the dust!

But then How does one clean the car on a daily basis ???

My cleaner generally uses two buckets of water, the first bucket is used to wash the car by throwing water on it using a mug.
(To loosen the dust particles, Bird droppings and preventing swirl marks while he uses the cloth.)

Then he uses the second bucket and a yellow cloth (available at traffic lights) to wipe it dry. Is this correct??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks