Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2009, 00:12   #136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Well, the F1 I'v used definitely lasted much longer than 3-4 days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by janitha View Post
Though the box claims 12 months, for me it lasts 30 days well. May be since I rarely have to park in the open.

I've used the Formula F1, it lasted for about a week perfectly after which there was a steady decrease in the performance. By the end of the second week it had completely vanished!
Old 14th October 2009, 00:42   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Guys, post-waxing can I use the orbital Polisher/ Electronic Polisher to buff the waxed body? And the Buff part of the Polisher, is it the same as Wash Mitt?

Moreover, Microfiber cloth is manufactured by Solo (The File guys, Filex Systems is the main company) by the name of Wonder Cloth widely available at Stationeries for Laptop cleaning purposes for MRP Rs.52. Here's the link: Welcome To Filex Systems Pvt Ltd .

And the foolish part of it, I'm having one with me for the past 5 months and use it for cleaning laptop and LCD with the solution. I bought the Laptop Cleaner pack and this cloth was mentioned as Lint Free Cloth and not Microfiber hence, such a stupidity on my part.
you can apply wax on your car body with a sponge or MF, let it haze, then you can buff it!

the buff part of the polishing machine or buffing machine is similar to a MF.
Old 14th October 2009, 00:57   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post

So would Meguiar be good? they come for around 1200 bucks.
Meguiars is not any better. Like I have mentioned before if you want something that lasts get some Collinite wax. It really does last months on end and is easy to apply. You can search for it on ebay.com.
Old 14th October 2009, 01:16   #139
BHPian

I have finally found the magical Micro-fibre cloth ,

It was available hardly a 100 odd meters away, from my place.

Got it a stationary shop. I went there looking for the wonder cloth made by Solo File systems.

It costs Rs.: 52.00/- for a 30cm x 30cm piece.

I Went there after reading TSK13's post.

have a look:

Huge Fake Car Polish/Wax market in India-13102009.jpg

Huge Fake Car Polish/Wax market in India-13102009007.jpg

Huge Fake Car Polish/Wax market in India-13102009002.jpg

P.S.: Apologies for poor quality pics, Clicked using Nokia E51.
Old 14th October 2009, 10:12   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
Meguiars is not any better. Like I have mentioned before if you want something that lasts get some Collinite wax. It really does last months on end and is easy to apply. You can search for it on ebay.com.
You can find it here also
Shop in the US from India @ 20North - Collinite+wax : Blended
Old 14th October 2009, 12:34   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi1771 View Post
Well done for finding an Indian source. I have used 845 and I lost count of the number of months it lasted during last winter. This season I also put 845 on about 2 months ago and it is still beading as if it was waxed yesterday.

Someone told me that 476 is even more durable, so if you have deep pockets get a tin of that. Or get both, the 845 gives a nice glossy finish and you can seal this with a coat of 476.
Old 14th October 2009, 12:55   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well done for finding an Indian source. I have used 845 and I lost count of the number of months it lasted during last winter. This season I also put 845 on about 2 months ago and it is still beading as if it was waxed yesterday.

Someone told me that 476 is even more durable, so if you have deep pockets get a tin of that. Or get both, the 845 gives a nice glossy finish and you can seal this with a coat of 476.
How often you wash your car ? And how many times it was washed in last 2 months after you applied wax.

Here washing is almost daily affair due to frequent mud sprays and insects / butterflies on bonnet if you drive on highway above 100 so wax does not last that long I applied turtle wax hard shell and it lasts for max one month 3M liquid wax lasts even less.
Old 14th October 2009, 13:42   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
How often you wash your car ? And how many times it was washed in last 2 months after you applied wax.

Here washing is almost daily affair due to frequent mud sprays and insects / butterflies on bonnet if you drive on highway above 100 so wax does not last that long I applied turtle wax hard shell and it lasts for max one month 3M liquid wax lasts even less.
I wash once every 2 weeks, but it rains nearly every day. Also I use maxi suds II as a shampoo as it is a mild shampoo and does not strip the wax off.

Maybe some of you guys who are waxing so often need to change your shampoo to something that is mild on wax.
Old 14th October 2009, 14:25   #144
BANNED

Quote:

Thanks, will give this a try and post my observations.
Old 14th October 2009, 15:48   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
you can apply wax on your car body with a sponge or MF, let it haze, then you can buff it!

the buff part of the polishing machine or buffing machine is similar to a MF.
Thanks Sir. I was looking forward to your reply for long.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
I have finally found the magical Micro-fibre cloth ,

It was available hardly a 100 odd meters away, from my place.

Got it a stationary shop. I went there looking for the wonder cloth made by Solo File systems.

It costs Rs.: 52.00/- for a 30cm x 30cm piece.

I Went there after reading TSK13's post.
Maglev, forgot to tell that in certain other shops you might get it for a bit less. Rs.52 is the MRP, and the MOP is generally less on such products (Computer related, as this Wonder Cloth is primarily targeted at Laptop Care segment).
Old 14th October 2009, 16:03   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi1771 View Post
Its bloody expensive! I'm not inclined to spend so much on wax. Imagine how many tins of Turtle or bottles of 3M you can buy with that amount!
Old 14th October 2009, 17:14   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Its bloody expensive! I'm not inclined to spend so much on wax. Imagine how many tins of Turtle or bottles of 3M you can buy with that amount!
I have tried all the other brands like turtle, meguiars, simoniz and autoglym and they are a complete waste of money. I would not even use them on my mountain bike. Pay that little extra and get a decent wax.

Turtle is about £5 to £6 in the UK depending which product you get. For same price you can get 5 tins of forumla 1 type wax from poundland. At the end of the day you get what you pay for and this Collinite stuff is damn good. Remember this stuff is commercial wax and used for aero and marine use. Its blended so it lasts rather than blended so you finish the bottle in a few months and have to buy another bottle.
Old 14th October 2009, 17:24   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I wash once every 2 weeks, but it rains nearly every day. Also I use maxi suds II as a shampoo as it is a mild shampoo and does not strip the wax off.

Maybe some of you guys who are waxing so often need to change your shampoo to something that is mild on wax.
Here lies the difference , Once in 2 weeks vs everyday.

Rain is not same as wash because you don't wipe with cloth and rain water beads away. If there is no mud splash wash is not required.

Try wash and rinse everyday ( without shampoo) and check how long it lasts. I think no one uses shampoo everyday so that can not be held responsible.

It is a simple physics apply any wax it has to go away due to friction with cloth / sponge / mud or whatever touches it and it can last only N wash.

I bet apply Collinite , Blackmagic, Poorboy or any other costly stuff here the result may not be same as in dust / mud splash free environment.

A simple check does collinite 845 lasts on any off-road vehicle (actually driven offrad) there for 2 months ?
Old 14th October 2009, 17:52   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have tried all the other brands like turtle, meguiars, simoniz and autoglym and they are a complete waste of money. I would not even use them on my mountain bike. Pay that little extra and get a decent wax.

Turtle is about £5 to £6 in the UK depending which product you get. For same price you can get 5 tins of forumla 1 type wax from poundland. At the end of the day you get what you pay for and this Collinite stuff is damn good. Remember this stuff is commercial wax and used for aero and marine use. Its blended so it lasts rather than blended so you finish the bottle in a few months and have to buy another bottle.
If you are saying Collinite is so good, I'm sure it must be. I haven't tried it (never even seen it in any shop) so can't comment. But I get Turtle Hard Wax tin for Rs. 150 and a bottle of 3M for Rs. 80 (MRP). Compare that with Collinite! While Collinite may be much better as you say, I don't think Turtle/3M are as bad as you you are claiming. They do seem to last about a month or so (v approx.).
Old 14th October 2009, 18:04   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
I bet apply Collinite , Blackmagic, Poorboy or any other costly stuff here the result may not be same as in dust / mud splash free environment.

A simple check does collinite 845 lasts on any off-road vehicle (actually driven offrad) there for 2 months ?
I have bought a tin of collinite 476 to try in India so will post the results.

There is a difference in wax durability between brands. Turtle wax has very poor durability and even with mild max suds II it removes the beading action after a wash or two. Collinite is exact opposite and beading action remains.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks