Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2009, 00:52   #181
BHPian

I've bought my tin of Waxpol today, would be using it tomorrow. It cost me Rs 74/- for a 100 gram tin.

Just out of curiosity, are there any cases of FAKE WAXPOL, if so how to identify??
Attached Thumbnails
Huge Fake Car Polish/Wax market in India-31102009.jpg  

Old 31st October 2009, 15:49   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post

As per the Meguiars website FAQ's section the ideal time to let the wax dry should be around 15-20 minutes.
Maglev, we're in India, a drying time of 15-20 minutes means pro-longed drying and dust settlement hence needing a sandpaper to buff as pointed by our Detailing Guru Raccoon below.

My uncle told me to go portion by portion. When you finish waxing one portion move to the other to wax. After waxing the 2nd portion, buff the first and continue like this. I blindly follow his advice as I know his love for cars. His 13 year old E-class looks as if bought today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
If the instructions are that the layer has to dry, then I think its pretty simple - you can tell by sight and touch that the surface has dried. I don't think its right to put a constant time for this to happen. It would depend on humidity and also the product itself. In a drier city like Poona, when it is not the monsoons, I would expect the surface to be dry in 5 - 8 mins max. The longer you keep it, more the chances is that you are sandpapering the settled dust rather than buffing.
Old 31st October 2009, 18:42   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Maglev, we're in India, a drying time of 15-20 minutes means pro-longed drying and dust settlement hence needing a sandpaper to buff as pointed by our Detailing Guru Raccoon below.
With the waxpol, one thing I noticed is that after 10 mins, the polish is not completely dry. If one rubs his finger on it, the polish shifts easily.

After 20 mins or so, the layer becomes more stiff and tougher to move..
Old 31st October 2009, 20:17   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I've bought my tin of Waxpol today, would be using it tomorrow. It cost me Rs 74/- for a 100 gram tin.

Just out of curiosity, are there any cases of FAKE WAXPOL, if so how to identify??
Haven't heard of any fake waxpol (one reason I got waxpol myself, coupled with low cost) , what say the other members?
Old 31st October 2009, 21:10   #185
Senior - BHPian

Well, a picture is worth more than a thousand words..

So here goes...

My Black CR-V, before and after Waxpol...

Huge Fake Car Polish/Wax market in India-31102009881.jpg

Old 31st October 2009, 23:56   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
If the instructions are that the layer has to dry, then I think its pretty simple - you can tell by sight and touch that the surface has dried. I don't think its right to put a constant time for this to happen. It would depend on humidity and also the product itself. In a drier city like Poona, when it is not the monsoons, I would expect the surface to be dry in 5 - 8 mins max. The longer you keep it, more the chances is that you are sandpapering the settled dust rather than buffing.
That is a very logical reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
With the waxpol, one thing I noticed is that after 10 mins, the polish is not completely dry. If one rubs his finger on it, the polish shifts easily.

After 20 mins or so, the layer becomes more stiff and tougher to move..
I sampled Waxpol on my dad's car (rear right fender) on the day I bought it. I noticed the same thing.

So should one wait for 10 or 20 mins?

What drying time did you maintain for the i20 & CRV

Quote:

So here goes...

Attachment 218975

The results look AMAZING!! My faith in "Best of ALL: Waxpol" has increased by leaps & bounds.
Old 1st November 2009, 00:08   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What drying time did you maintain for the i20 & CRV
i20 - 30 mins to 40 mins
CR-V - 20 to 25 mins..
Old 1st November 2009, 12:45   #188
BHPian

Quote:

So here goes...

Attachment 218975

Yes there is a little difference, In the first picture the sun's reflection can be seen directly and that is why you can see swirl marks, in the second pic, the sun is away and swirl marks can't be seen. A black car always shines when there's a lil' light, Try taking a pic when you can see the sun's reflection on the hood.
Old 1st November 2009, 13:06   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
Try taking a pic when you can see the sun's reflection on the hood.
Will do. Could not take the pic with sun reflection due to time diff...
Old 1st November 2009, 17:50   #190
BHPian

Looks like many converts here

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Haven't heard of any fake waxpol (one reason I got waxpol myself, coupled with low cost) , what say the other members?
Before long I believe this thread will be able to convert many more into using WAXPOL not only for the intense shine that lasts for at least 3 months but also for the tiring workout. As far as getting fake is concerned its next to impossible because the product is so cheap to start with and the packaging so horrid that duplicators would not even think that anyone would be interested in this very hard to apply product. Only if there is significant profit in duplicating would the counterfeiters attempt duplicating the product. They might duplicate the costlier products in their portfolio but not this nondescript product.

100 rupee notes are duplicated but not 5 rupee coins. It would not be worthwhile for the thieves to duplicate the cheapest waxpol.

As far as drying time is concerned it should be such that when we apply finger pressure on a waxed area (before buffing) the finger imprint should not be visible. If its not dried down sufficiently you will get your thumb(finger) impression on the waxed area. Wait till you get a crusty chalky surface which means at the very least 30 minutes in the shade in hot humid Kerala. Those who fear dust settling down before buffing just run your cloth with very light pressure on the surface before you actually start the work out.

Last edited by drpullockaran : 1st November 2009 at 18:04.
Old 2nd November 2009, 09:41   #191
Senior - BHPian

Waxpol is an EXCELLENT product.. It takes time and muscle to get the shine. I recently used it and see the results yourself:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...l-enfield.html
Old 2nd November 2009, 18:59   #192
BHPian

HELP HELP!!

Guys I started waxing my fathers Octavia using Waxpol, at around 1:00pm today.

It was 6:30pm when I gave up and turned towards Team-BHP for help.

The car was nicely washed with a hose and then using a cotton vest I started waxing the car.

It was left to dry for about 15 mins or so after which I started buffing the roof section with another cotton vest.

After trying for nearly 3 hours I gave up around 4:30pm.

The Waxpol Wax seems to have stuck to the paint.

It is showing no signs of loosening, It has come off of some very small sections but a layer of wax is still there on the car and it resembles scratches.

I tried using a wet cotton vest, Micro-fibre cloth and even used Sonax car shampoo but the wax is still not coming off.

I don't know what to do, guys please HELP it is getting very very

Last edited by maglev : 2nd November 2009 at 19:00.
Old 2nd November 2009, 19:12   #193
BHPian

Quote:
HELP HELP!!

Guys I started waxing my fathers Octavia using Waxpol, at around 1:00pm today.

It was 6:30pm when I gave up and turned towards Team-BHP for help.

The car was nicely washed with a hose and then using a cotton vest I started waxing the car.

It was left to dry for about 15 mins or so after which I started buffing the roof section with another cotton vest.

After trying for nearly 3 hours I gave up around 4:30pm.

The Waxpol Wax seems to have stuck to the paint.

It is showing no signs of loosening, It has come off of some very small sections but a layer of wax is still there on the car and it resembles scratches.

I tried using a wet cotton vest, Micro-fibre cloth and even used Sonax car shampoo but the wax is still not coming off.

I don't know what to do, guys please HELP it is getting very very

Try using a dish wash soap such as pril or vim drop, It will completely rip off the wax and will cause no harm to the paint work if done gently, If it doesn't work, try wiping with a cloth soaked in petrol, If it works, wipe and wash the surface with soap immediately, Don't let the petrol to stay on the surface for a long time.

After the hardened wax goes, coat the car with a nice liquid wax, Try finding the small 3M liquid wax bottle, It will cost you 90Rs.

Last edited by akshay_b : 2nd November 2009 at 19:14.
Old 2nd November 2009, 19:45   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Could you please clarify this line - did you actually wash the car with a proper car wash, wipe it dry, wait for maybe 10-15 minutes and then start the waxing? Also , did you apply the wax with a damp cloth/sponge?
Wax should be soluble in petroleum products, so you may try that petrol soaked cloth.

Last edited by blackasta : 2nd November 2009 at 19:49.
Old 2nd November 2009, 20:58   #195
Senior - BHPian

maglev...

Try this... take dry, clean cotton cloth and go rub the waxed area, with a LOT of strength....

Try this in a 4 inch x 4 inch area and rub hard in this area. See if the wax goes away..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks