Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2009, 01:46   #226
Senior - BHPian

Just bought Formula1 Wax today!(from an 'In & Out' store at a HP petrol station)

I'm suspecting its a fake!?
What do you guys think?

Pics attached
Attached Thumbnails
Huge Fake Car Polish/Wax market in India-abcd0016.jpg  

Huge Fake Car Polish/Wax market in India-abcd0018.jpg  

Huge Fake Car Polish/Wax market in India-abcd0017.jpg  

Old 24th December 2009, 20:19   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
Just bought Formula1 Wax today!(from an 'In & Out' store at a HP petrol station)

I'm suspecting its a fake!?
Going by my sightings of Formula 1 with Importer's sticker, this one seems fake. Maybe one or May not be.

Moreover, In&Out is at BP Stations not HP.
Old 24th December 2009, 21:37   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Going by my sightings of Formula 1 with Importer's sticker, this one seems fake. Maybe one or May not be.

The pictures posted by 'sohail99' seem exactly like those purchased by me locally. I had posted the pictures long back and the replies were that it was most probably genuine. And I do get very good results even using very little quantity. A few friends asked met to get it for them and I complied and they are satisfied. And they are all came without import stickers. But in the past, (before I became a member here) I had been cheated by other dealers. Only thing is that if while applying or buffing, even if even a small layer gets on plastic/rubber parts, the wax (carnauba?) is very difficult to remove.

Last edited by janitha : 24th December 2009 at 21:38.
Old 24th December 2009, 22:55   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by janitha View Post
Only thing is that if while applying or buffing, even if even a small layer gets on plastic/rubber parts, the wax (carnauba?) is very difficult to remove.
Collinite 845 is good in this sense. Get it on plastic or rubber and it leaves no white residue but gives the area a nice new type shine.
Old 2nd January 2010, 22:26   #230
Senior - BHPian

Hi this is my first post on team bhp.
Few days back i bought WAXPOL ultra glo premium car polish and was wondering if it is a genuine waxpol product or not ? Although the results of this polish are amazing and some sort of abrasiveness is in it as the colour is visible on the rubbing cloth after wiping the polish off the car. I am attaching the pics of the tin.
sorry for the poor quality pics (N72)
Attached Thumbnails
Huge Fake Car Polish/Wax market in India-02012010173.jpg  

Huge Fake Car Polish/Wax market in India-02012010176.jpg  

Huge Fake Car Polish/Wax market in India-02012010177.jpg  

Huge Fake Car Polish/Wax market in India-02012010178.jpg  

Huge Fake Car Polish/Wax market in India-02012010179.jpg  

Old 2nd January 2010, 23:25   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Few days back i bought WAXPOL ultra glo premium car polish and was wondering if it is a genuine waxpol product or not ? Although the results of this polish are amazing and some sort of abrasiveness is in it as the colour is visible on the rubbing cloth after wiping the polish off the car. I am attaching the pics of the tin.
The possibility of waxpol products being duplicated are remote. International brands are duplicated higher than the desi ones, If the wax is too abrasive, use it less often or buy a wax without abrasives.
Old 3rd January 2010, 16:56   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Hi samsag12,

I would advice you against using this polish on your car/bike's paint due to high content of abrasives in this product. Although the terms polish & wax are used almost interchangeably by many, this product that you have is actually a polish & not wax (it has wax content just like most other polishes).

You can safely use it on your chrome parts, because it will be mild enough for them & also leave a fairly light coating on them for protection. Some might argue that a wax layer on chrome deteriorates the finish but I would have to disagree as I have been giving my Bullet's chrome parts the very same treatment for almost 2.5 years now.

@sohail99: The product seems genuine to me as well, but these days I tend to stay away from Formula 1 due to the duplicacy in the market.

Take care.

Happy & safe driving,
Prakhar
Old 3rd January 2010, 21:55   #233
BHPian

I recently used some of the ArmorAll brand of detailing products.

I used their Leather care gel and their wash & wax (claimed to be as good as waxing).

I was extremely dissatisfied with both. The wax I expected to be comparable to Meguiars or Turtle for which I have high regard, but it was far from it. It was a little better than the 3M liquid wax which I consider one of the worst waxes available.

The leather care gel is no better. Abysmal in one word. I have thus handed both the bottles to my drivers and they are being used in cars I couldn't care less about.

The reason however I'm posting this, is that there is a huge difference the efficacy of their products over the years. One would expect detailing products to get better with advances in technology, but Armor All has done the reverse.

Many years ago in the US I've used ArmorAll products and was satisfied with the result, but I feel that the new range is worse than that available in the US or the older stuff.

Back to Turtle I am.

PS: I would like to purchase the Waxpol wax cake everyone is raving about, what's the exact name of the wax I should ask for?

Brands of wax and polish used by me over the years:
Turtle, Meguiars, ArmorAll, 3M, Formula 1, Kit, Mother's care among those I remember
Old 4th January 2010, 00:02   #234
BHPian

Motomax Polish from Pedilite

What about Motomax Cream Polish by Pedilite Industries. I got one (60 gms) for Rs. 65/-. Polished my Ritz today, seems fine, I have not used Formula 1, Trutle or other, so not able to compare. Does anybody used this?
Attached Thumbnails
Huge Fake Car Polish/Wax market in India-motomax.jpg  

Old 4th January 2010, 00:37   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddiwale View Post
What about Motomax Cream Polish by Pedilite Industries. I got one (60 gms) for Rs. 65/-. Polished my Ritz today, seems fine, I have not used Formula 1, Trutle or other, so not able to compare. Does anybody used this?
This looks very similar to what they sell in poundland in the UK (for £1) . Doubt it is durable so see how long it lasts before buying any more.
Old 4th January 2010, 00:51   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post

Yea! BP one!

btw it had a price sticker with the Marketer's address!(pic attached)

Quote:
Originally Posted by janitha View Post
The pictures posted by 'sohail99' seem exactly like those purchased by me locally. I had posted the pictures long back and the replies were that it was most probably genuine. And I do get very good results even using very little quantity. A few friends asked met to get it for them and I complied and they are satisfied. And they are all came without import stickers. But in the past, (before I became a member here) I had been cheated by other dealers. Only thing is that if while applying or buffing, even if even a small layer gets on plastic/rubber parts, the wax (carnauba?) is very difficult to remove.
Yea! I tried it on the hood of my dad's Accent('Forest Dew' color) and he was really impressed with the results!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Hi samsag12,
@sohail99: The product seems genuine to me as well, but these days I tend to stay away from Formula 1 due to the duplicacy in the market.

Take care.

Happy & safe driving,
Prakhar
Yea! but just bought it to try on my dad's old Accent which seriously needs extensive treatment! (and since Formula1 wax has mild abrasives in it!)
Attached Thumbnails
Huge Fake Car Polish/Wax market in India-formula1.jpg  

Old 4th January 2010, 01:22   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
I recently used some of the ArmorAll brand of detailing products.

I used their Leather care gel and their wash & wax (claimed to be as good as waxing).

I was extremely dissatisfied with both. The wax I expected to be comparable to Meguiars or Turtle for which I have high regard, but it was far from it. It was a little better than the 3M liquid wax which I consider one of the worst waxes available.

The leather care gel is no better. Abysmal in one word. I have thus handed both the bottles to my drivers and they are being used in cars I couldn't care less about.

The reason however I'm posting this, is that there is a huge difference the efficacy of their products over the years. One would expect detailing products to get better with advances in technology, but Armor All has done the reverse.

Many years ago in the US I've used ArmorAll products and was satisfied with the result, but I feel that the new range is worse than that available in the US or the older stuff.

Back to Turtle I am.

PS: I would like to purchase the Waxpol wax cake everyone is raving about, what's the exact name of the wax I should ask for?

Brands of wax and polish used by me over the years:
Turtle, Meguiars, ArmorAll, 3M, Formula 1, Kit, Mother's care among those I remember
Same experience here with their Wax & Shine (or whatever its called) liquid polish/wax (have mentioned it before). Relatively high priced product and v dissatisfactory results. Waste of money and effort. Bottle is lying around now... wouldn't mind giving it away for free.

However, I can't quite agree with your comments about 3M liquid wax. Found it to be "reasonably" good... at least compared to the ones I have used. But like most other waxes, it does not last much. I'd prefer Turtle Hard Shell compared to it, though.

Last edited by Raccoon : 4th January 2010 at 01:23.
Old 4th January 2010, 13:25   #238
Senior - BHPian

Just curious to know one thing that the pure waxpol wax polish which comes in a orange tin pack is it pure wax. Does it contain any type of abrasiveness in it. When applying the polish can some water be applied to the applying cloth as it is very hard to spread it over.
Old 27th January 2010, 23:09   #239
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi1771 View Post
can you share more about this- which one do you recommend to buy? there are several listed there- did you use the liquid or Collinite Super Doublecoat Auto Wax?
You said its better than meguiars- did you use both and see? How long did the wax last and did you use on a car or only your bike?
SOrry to ask so many things- i can get 1 from the US so asking...
Old 28th January 2010, 14:32   #240
BANNED

How to remove stains of waters as there is heavy water beeding after I used Colnite liquidwax.
Even after wiping with cloth some water marks stays and after it dries up looks ugly.

Most Viewed