Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2012, 02:11   #361
BHPian

Re: Huge Fake Car Polish/Wax market in India

I have been hunting around for Turtle wax products in Bangalore. Used to be available in quite a few car accessory shops but can not find one shop that has it now. Found some online on ebay but they cost like 5 times what I have been purchasing all this time.
Old 12th October 2012, 22:06   #362
BHPian

I got duped with the formula1 car wax at Thrissur, Kerala. Went back and told it to them (Tharakans @ City Centre) and they offered a refund. I checked their shelves, and they had both the original (enzo) and the duplicate (a different red ferrari!).
Old 13th November 2012, 10:43   #363
BHPian

Bought a can of the Waxpol ultra glo premium car polish a few weeks back an JC Road. Must say it imparts a new car shine, although it should not be used frequently since it has mild abrasives. Waxpol products are almost impossible to get hold of Bangalore (and in Calcutta as I discovered when my dad tried getting a can of the new Waxpol carnauba wax)

Am waiting for the next available opportunity to apply the carnauba wax and enjoy the gleam!
Old 8th December 2012, 17:15   #364
BHPian

Just purchased 3M Liquid Wax for Rs. 90 though the MRP says Rs. 98. It is 100 ML. It looks genuine it says made in India by 3M and has their complete address in Bangalore and the phone number etc. Usually the fake ones claim to be made in USA. I purchased this from GP Road in Chennai, Rehman Stores.
I called the number on the bottle but it went in answered. I then took it to 3M Car Care in Nungambakkam Chennai and the store manager could not confirm if it is fake. They are a franchisee and have little knowledge of 3M Products other than the ones issued to them by 3M to use on our cars and charge us a bomb.

I don't have the heart to try a 90 rupee wax on my car but what if it is genuine. 3M does have a very cloudy business model anyway with their scotch Brits products being dirt cheap and their car care products running into 4 figures.
Old 9th March 2013, 21:15   #365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Purchased a can of Formula1 Wax from Reliance Mart for 288 rs.The original price is 320.Below are some pics , i hope the can is original as i have used the contents on my Civic.

Attachment 844464

Attachment 844465

One thing i noticed was that the sponge provided inside had the name formula1 inscribed on it.
These are absolutely ORIGINAL PRODUCTS. I emailed the US company and they said that now Formula 1 has an Authorized Offical Importer in India called MatrixOne Brands Pvt. Ltd. The products imported by these guys have a proper MRP label and even a hologram.

I called up the official importer and they said that original Formula 1 products are now available at Hypercity, More Megastore, Metro Cash & Carry, Auchan (Spar), Total, Reliance Mart, Reliance Autozone, Alfa, Haiko and online on Snapdeal.com. Better to buy from these places to be assured of the originality than buy outside and take the risk.

I have used all car waxes but havent found a single one as good as the original Formula 1...Am glad that the company took action and finally we are able to get the original products easily
ashm99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2014, 18:10   #366

found this:

http://www.ebay.in/itm/3M-CAR-CARE-K...#ht_500wt_1414

genuine? Not Genuine?

does anybody know?
Old 29th January 2014, 21:35   #367
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by almoalgam View Post
found this:

genuine? Not Genuine?

does anybody know?
Very much genuine. You can buy it if you are planning to
Old 30th January 2014, 23:04   #368
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by almoalgam View Post
found this:

genuine? Not Genuine?

does anybody know?
Instead of that, get yourself a can of 3M ultimate dresser. It can be used for dashboard, vinyl, tyres and for 165 bucks a bottle, its really a fantastic product. It is a genuine product which is used in 3M car care too. Bang for the buck. You can always buy a different wash shampoo like F1 wash and wax, and same for the glass cleaner. I dont find the 3M kit very worth.
Old 1st February 2014, 00:07   #369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
It can be used for dashboard, vinyl, tyres and for 165 bucks a bottle, its really a fantastic product. Bang for the buck.
At Indian Oil fuel stations in Hyderabad, they usually sell cleaning products that are from brands that I've never heard of, but they perform reasonably well - they provide a test application of the product at the fuel station so one can judge if the product is really worth it.

A car mechanic who returned from Nigeria used Colonil on the interior pseudo-leather and then gave it a good wipe down with something else (apparently it prevents Colonil from getting onto clothing). It worked pretty well.

I haven't had to use any 3M car care products yet because the other less popular brands do a better job of getting products to us, the consumers.
Old 1st February 2014, 01:08   #370
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_nitin_r View Post
At Indian Oil fuel stations in Hyderabad, they usually sell cleaning products that are from brands that I've never heard of, but they perform reasonably well - they provide a test application of the product at the fuel station so one can judge if the product is really worth it. any 3M car care products yet because the other less popular brands do a better job of getting products to us, the consumers.
The experience I have had with these people selling at petrol bunks is not satisfactory. Firstly, they offer a sample of a genuine product, though it may be from a not so popular company. Then they sell you a counterfeit version of the same product in a sealed pack. I found them in the shell outlets sometime back. The polish they used were from a small company but it did do a good job. But when they showed the combo pack they were selling, the bottle looked fishy, with a faded and unclear print, and the sampler was looking way more professional. Hence I never brought such stuff.

The 3M stuff is genuine since its from a dealer. Personally, I buy products from brand chains like Reliance Autozone, SPAR, hypercity since I believe that chances of fake products sold here are far lesser than places like accessory shops, JC Road shops, etc. I have found fake versions of the F1 wax, Waxpol Rubbing compound and the F1 scratch out very commonly when I go to purchase some small parts or consumables.

But be very careful while using products from a company unheard of. Test them thoroughly before using.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2014, 11:02   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Instead of that, get yourself a can of 3M ultimate dresser. It can be used for dashboard, vinyl, tyres and for 165 bucks a bottle, its really a fantastic product. It is a genuine product which is used in 3M car care too. Bang for the buck. You can always buy a different wash shampoo like F1 wash and wax, and same for the glass cleaner. I dont find the 3M kit very worth.
Where can we buy 3M Ultimate Dresser? Online/ @Bangalore?

Thanks.
Old 7th April 2014, 12:12   #372
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post

Thanks.
I get it from a nearby shop that sells automotive paints. I think all auto paint shops will be selling it. Not sure if its available online.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2014, 19:40   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post

Thanks.

http://automotivesoul.com/shop/89/fl...ct_details/354

As audioholic has mentioned, it is a wonderful product. I am using it for the last 18 months : and it is really long lasting too. Mine is still half full/empty (how you look at it that is !) .

Before application, You need to shake it well, like really really well, and use small quantities AFTER dry wiping the panels/trims with a microfibre and removing all loose dust. My stock punto interiors are still like new, in this NCR heat! It is quite dense, like, say "Milkmaid condensed milk" and does not come out as a mist, but rather, dribbles out. So be prepared! But it does the job great!

Last edited by lapis_lazuli : 16th April 2014 at 19:45.
lapis_lazuli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2014, 17:57   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
I'm in for your venture, a South Delhiite, near to UP 16. But when do you plan to start?
tanveer, im putting up near Jamia university and almost finalised Storme. Wonder where you get your Safari serviced? Is there a competent TASS nearby in south Delhi or Noida?
Old 30th July 2015, 12:19   #375

Hi All,

I would like to use Wax on my car Renault duster. I have read these posts from start to end but I am more confused now. I don't want to spoil the paint on my car by using polish. So, I have finalized the below products:

1. 3M liquid wax
2. 3M ultimate dresser

3M Liquid wax is available on Snapdeal but the prices are so varied, can someone check and let me know which one I can buy:
Rs. 275 : http://www.snapdeal.com/product/3m-p...0/633136271400
Rs: 523: http://www.snapdeal.com/product/3m-c...d/643371321010
Rs. 625: http://www.snapdeal.com/product/3m-c...l/677880125352

3M dashboard dresser is available for Rs. 475
http://www.snapdeal.com/product/3m-a...r/677820129273

Is there any cheaper but good alternative for this dashboard dresser, please do suggest.

Thanking you all in advance.

Sumit
sumitbhai is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks