Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2005, 12:57   #1
Senior - BHPian

Rear View mirror/rear camera/DVD Player

Went through this product while browsing. Attractive one. While driving this just acts as the rear view mirror & when connected to backup camera, this will help you while taking your car reverse by displaying the rear side of your car & DVD movies and games can be played. Interesting one

http://www.case-mod.com/store/lillip...ra-p-1272.html
Old 14th July 2005, 09:57   #2
BHPian

nice one!

the rear view camera is really helpful in the SUV's not much of a use in the normal cars, as u can see better whats behind.

I have the Pioneer AVH-7650 Multimedia system in my car, so the builtin touchscreen does show me reverse cam when the car is in reverse gear.

its great for me, but the problem i face is, the camera i have aint that hi-fi... it shows me a mirror image! things on the left are on the right, and vise versa!
gotta be careful.

seeya
Old 14th July 2005, 10:20   #3
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

The Safari Limited Edition also has a camera mounted just above the rear number plate. The display is a 2.5 in screen on the dash.
Old 14th July 2005, 11:05   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Cameras for the purpose of reversing are pretty useless imo.If u have a big bus or something nd its not possible to look at the back using the rear view then probably the camera is what u need as at times small kids or animal will not be visible. But with parking sensors readily available now the problems of SUV reversing are no more......as they show u exactly how much space is left while the camera will just show u a picture of what is behiind u but u cant really know the actually distance left for u to park.
Old 14th July 2005, 11:12   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
the camera will just show u a picture of what is behiind u but u cant really know the actually distance left for u to park.
huh? The camera would give you a better idea of what is behind rather than a series of beeps!
Old 14th July 2005, 21:58   #6
Team-BHP Support

parking woes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil
Cameras for the purpose of reversing are pretty useless imo.If u have a big bus or something nd its not possible to look at the back using the rear view then probably the camera is what u need as at times small kids or animal will not be visible. But with parking sensors readily available now the problems of SUV reversing are no more......as they show u exactly how much space is left while the camera will just show u a picture of what is behiind u but u cant really know the actually distance left for u to park.
try parking an suv with/without the camera on lamington road, mohammad-ali road, ranade road, girgaum, street parking in manhattan, brooklyn and jackson heights. the camera does make a considerable difference.

ad
Old 7th August 2008, 14:36   #7
BHPian

Cameras and sensors serve differently – Both have advantages & limitations. Some level is getting used is required in both cases before one can effectively make judgments out of it.
Old 7th August 2008, 19:07   #8

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
huh? The camera would give you a better idea of what is behind rather than a series of beeps!
Actually,the sensors are better.The camera shows you the obstacles but the image doesnt have any depth perception so you cant make out ,how far the obstacle is!
I think the best solution is installing sensors and camera both!
Old 7th August 2008, 22:14   #9
BHPian

^ the best solution is to get the parking-walla to stand behind you and look out. Sometimes non-technological solutions can work better. After all the human mind is better than a computer, right?

But yes, more pertinent to the topic, very interesting concept!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks