Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2009, 11:42   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
The mirrors with indicators seem like a real steal, but in India, is it worth it with the number of guys who keep hitting the side mirrors in traffic? Imagine having to go and get it fixed every time you get hit!
Very true . even the side, front skirts are not suitable for our road humps. rear skirt looks to be bit smaller compared to the front.

Wish there was a better upgraded fog lights for the verna available .
Old 18th September 2009, 11:48   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
Very true . even the side, front skirts are not suitable for our road humps. rear skirt looks to be bit smaller compared to the front.

Wish there was a better upgraded fog lights for the verna available .
Phoenix has got it done for his getz. Dont know if the same fogs can be fit for the verna too.
Old 18th September 2009, 11:52   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Phoenix has got it done for his getz. Dont know if the same fogs can be fit for the verna too.
Is it of the same shape and size??? please do upload any pics in case available.
Old 18th September 2009, 11:56   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
Is it of the same shape and size??? please do upload any pics in case available.
Check out his thread in the initial ownership reviews.
Letz Getz Started! (Hyundai Getz CRDi )
Old 18th September 2009, 12:32   #20
Senior - BHPian

The front and side skirtings will be history once the car leaves the showroom and lands on 2 kms of Bangalore roads. The front skirting is a little too much. But is this a Festive offer ?
Old 18th September 2009, 12:39   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
is this a Festive offer ?
I dont think this is a festive offfer when its priced at 40k, need to check on this and confirm.

Last edited by sajands : 18th September 2009 at 12:40. Reason: had to correct spellings
Old 19th September 2009, 02:33   #22
Senior - BHPian

What Monochrome said is more reasonable.

40K for this kit is pretty high. By the way, it is a dealership, so you can except them to have high margins.

All the original music systems they sell are also atleast Rs.1000 more. The system I picked costed almost Rs 2000 lesser at a Sony Auth Showroom

Steering wheel cover is given free. Others like Scuff plates, black bps etc can be done after market at a fraction of the cost
Old 19th September 2009, 11:12   #23
Senior - BHPian

Pot Pourri

Quote:
Originally Posted by monochrome View Post
Just thought I'd let you know the individual cost of each item on the Kit -

* Front skirts - 3670/-
* Rear skirts - 3670/-
* Side skirts - 6884/- (for the pair)
* Scuff plates - 482/-
* Blacked out B-Pillars and window surrounds - 1045/-
* Rear spoiler with built in brake lamp - 4284/-
* Indicators (LED) built in to the side mirrors - 959/-
* Seat covers + Steering wheel cover + Cushions - 6999/-
* Extra flexible map lamp for the rear (accessible from the rear seat) - 553/-

So the kit doesn't cost 40 grand. Its only Rs 28,546. I ordered the kit (minus the seat covers and other interior stuff) and paid only 20,000. I'll post pictures once I get everything installed.
Great to know that the kit is available piece by piece. I've already fitted alloys and art leather seats to my car, so didnt need them.

IMHO, 25K is a good price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
me thinks HMIL is tryingto coverup the fact that they have discontinued giving rear disc brakes in the ABS versions as well .

i still feel very let down by hyundai because of downgrading the braking systems and providing these "bling" mods at a cost !
Buddy, are you sure of the factual information that the SX earlier came with disc brakes as standard? When I bought my car in Sep 08, I was categorically told that the standard rear brake for SX is drum, and I'll have to pay for the ABS package to get ABS + rear discs as standard. I even checked the SX car that I test drove. It had drums.

(I think you know this, but the topic is being separately discussed in another thread)

Quote:
The mirrors with indicators seem like a real steal, but in India, is it worth it with the number of guys who keep hitting the side mirrors in traffic? Imagine having to go and get it fixed every time you get hit!
But the car has collapsible ORVMs, that should be a saving grace. My car has had its ORVM hit twice, and everytime folded away to save me expensive repairs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
The front and side skirtings will be history once the car leaves the showroom and lands on 2 kms of Bangalore roads. The front skirting is a little too much. But is this a Festive offer ?
That is pretty much an issue with any skirt kit, in any Indian city. Install skirts at your own peril.
Old 19th September 2009, 11:36   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
Buddy, are you sure of the factual information that the SX earlier came with disc brakes as standard? When I bought my car in Sep 08, I was categorically told that the standard rear brake for SX is drum, and I'll have to pay for the ABS package to get ABS + rear discs as standard. I even checked the SX car that I test drove. It had drums.
is ABS standard on SX version ? earlier all ABS versions had all round disc brakes. From what dinu had said his car has ABS but has discs only in the front wheels.
Old 19th September 2009, 11:40   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
is ABS standard on SX version ? earlier all ABS versions had all round disc brakes. From what dinu had said his car has ABS but has discs only in the front wheels.
AFAIK, SX standard version comes with Fr Discs and Rear Drums. If you opt for ABS, only then you get all round discs.
Old 19th September 2009, 12:20   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
AFAIK, SX standard version comes with Fr Discs and Rear Drums. If you opt for ABS, only then you get all round discs.

ok then , we are talking the same stuff !
Old 19th September 2009, 13:21   #27
BHPian

Quote:
oh well , the hyundai a.s.s in blore seems to be oblivious of this so called kit as of now , they have told me that they will check and revert.
Hellstar, any update if we can pick up only the Scuff plates and Extra flexible map lamp for the rear seats or is it I need to purchase the entire kit. How much for the rear curtains (rear sunshade for the windscreen)???
Old 19th September 2009, 14:03   #28
BHPian

ha haa...

hey dudes...

I agree this a nice package for Verna. But the price...

The fun factor: I called the Trivandrum Hyundai dealers (I wont name them plz...) and asked about the Executive Kit. They are just surprised!!!!
Like: "What did you say? Executive what? Body kit? from Hyundai... oh.. When?"

you know, I was laughing after I cut the call, and just wonder how fast the Team-BHP updates

The sowroom manager ensured me to call back after the inquiry.
Old 19th September 2009, 15:18   #29
BHPian

sorry for the spellings... sometimes it comes in. he he
Old 23rd September 2009, 09:24   #30
BHPian

Can someone please confirm if the spoiler is a clamp on type or drilled on type?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks