Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2009, 12:20   #61
BHPian

I didn't know you were supposed to upload images on the sites server directly. So in case the images from my other thread get taken down, I'll upload them here.

If you want me to post any more pictures, lemme know.
Attached Thumbnails
New "Executive Kit" for Verna by Hyundai + Other New Genuine Accessories-100_0024.jpg  

New "Executive Kit" for Verna by Hyundai + Other New Genuine Accessories-100_0028.jpg  

New "Executive Kit" for Verna by Hyundai + Other New Genuine Accessories-100_0033.jpg  

New "Executive Kit" for Verna by Hyundai + Other New Genuine Accessories-100_0027.jpg  

Old 18th October 2009, 14:10   #62
BHPian

@monochrome - She looks neat. Can you put up an update on the spoiler please? It is drilled on right? And also, any noise coming because of it especially when going through bad roads?
Old 18th October 2009, 19:09   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
@monochrome - She looks neat. Can you put up an update on the spoiler please? It is drilled on right? And also, any noise coming because of it especially when going through bad roads?

Yeah the spolier is the drilled kind. And no it does not rattle or cause me any trouble even over bad roads. Theres an adhesive padding in between the spoiler and the boot in addition to the screws.
Old 18th October 2009, 21:15   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monochrome View Post
Yeah the spolier is the drilled kind. And no it does not rattle or cause me any trouble even over bad roads. Theres an adhesive padding in between the spoiler and the boot in addition to the screws.
A few close ups of the spoiler please. Would be nice if you can put up snaps of the fitting and snaps of the inside part of the boot door.

A general query. IF the spoiler does give problems (noise etc) in the short or long term and you decide to remove it, does that mean you have to change your boot door as well cause of the holes?
Old 18th October 2009, 22:15   #65
BHPian

well the mods are keeping me frustrated :(

any way, congrads monochrome, now the rocket is a space shuttle
enjoy!!
Old 19th October 2009, 10:13   #66
BHPian

Quote:
I didn't know you were supposed to upload images on the sites server directly. So in case the images from my other thread get taken down, I'll upload them here.

If you want me to post any more pictures, lemme know.
Monochrome, The kit looks good on your car. Is the spolier bolted or stuck?? and how about some pics on the interiors[door scuff].
Old 19th October 2009, 11:45   #67
BHPian

Some more pictures of the Executive kit.

The spoiler is drillen in very tight. Unfortunately I can't post pictures of what it looks like from underneath the boot because I have dynamat covering the entire inside.

Lemme know if you guys need any further info.
Attached Thumbnails
New "Executive Kit" for Verna by Hyundai + Other New Genuine Accessories-100_0054.jpg  

New "Executive Kit" for Verna by Hyundai + Other New Genuine Accessories-100_0056.jpg  

New "Executive Kit" for Verna by Hyundai + Other New Genuine Accessories-100_0057.jpg  

New "Executive Kit" for Verna by Hyundai + Other New Genuine Accessories-100_0058.jpg  

New "Executive Kit" for Verna by Hyundai + Other New Genuine Accessories-100_0098.jpg  

New "Executive Kit" for Verna by Hyundai + Other New Genuine Accessories-100_0100.jpg  

New "Executive Kit" for Verna by Hyundai + Other New Genuine Accessories-100_0103.jpg  

New "Executive Kit" for Verna by Hyundai + Other New Genuine Accessories-100_0107.jpg  

New "Executive Kit" for Verna by Hyundai + Other New Genuine Accessories-100_0114.jpg  

New "Executive Kit" for Verna by Hyundai + Other New Genuine Accessories-100_0109.jpg  

Old 19th October 2009, 12:46   #68
BHPian

Thanks monochrome for the spoiler snaps. So with it being drilled and all, the boot door will have to be replaced if we have to remove the spoiler then.

The ORVMs are still foldable like the stock ones right? Any chance that they will come with an electrically foldable option like the i20?

BTW, your wheels look swell! Some details about them perhaps?
Old 19th October 2009, 12:50   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks monochrome for the spoiler snaps. So with it being drilled and all, the boot door will have to be replaced if we have to remove the spoiler then.

The ORVMs are still foldable like the stock ones right? Any chance that they will come with an electrically foldable option like the i20?

BTW, your wheels look swell! Some details about them perhaps?

yeah if you decide to remove the spolier you'll need to change the boot. : /

and the orvms are foldable but not electrically operated... but the mirrors are (obviously)
Old 19th October 2009, 14:34   #70
BHPian

Quote:
yeah if you decide to remove the spolier you'll need to change the boot. : /

and the orvms are foldable but not electrically operated... but the mirrors are (obviously)
Yeah my only worry is that if any problems arise and the spoiler starts to make noise, then it will be a real pain.

And no issues with the skirts hitting the ground over bad roads and humps?
Old 19th October 2009, 14:43   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah my only worry is that if any problems arise and the spoiler starts to make noise, then it will be a real pain.

And no issues with the skirts hitting the ground over bad roads and humps?

Well, if the spoiler manages to get a little loose somehow, i'm sure you can secure it firmly again without too much trouble. Any trouble you could potentially experience with this spoiler is just about the same with any other car that comes with a spoiler installed. Doesn't really warrant too much worry in my opinion.

As for the skirts, if you notice, they don't overhang that much at all. I've driven on some pretty bumpy roads already and I haven't scraped the bottom of any of the added bodywork.
Old 20th October 2009, 20:05   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Well, if the spoiler manages to get a little loose somehow, i'm sure you can secure it firmly again without too much trouble. Any trouble you could potentially experience with this spoiler is just about the same with any other car that comes with a spoiler installed. Doesn't really warrant too much worry in my opinion.

As for the skirts, if you notice, they don't overhang that much at all. I've driven on some pretty bumpy roads already and I haven't scraped the bottom of any of the added bodywork.

Awesome! the spoiler, LED mirrors looks a good fit for the car. Could you also post the pictures of the scuff plates please?
Old 20th October 2009, 20:29   #73
BHPian

BTW a few more questions:

1. How much time did Hyundai need to install these add-ons?
2. Were the original ORVM's replaced by the new LED ones?
3. Same goes with the reading lamp for the rear seat, are there any new switches added to the console?
4. I see the new verna's sporting 240NM of torque @ 1,900~2,750 RPM, I guess the older models had the figures of
230NM @ 1750-2xxx RPM. Do you find any change in initial pickup compared to older vernas?

That's it for the day, will bother you guys once I could find some more.

Regards,
Mav

OT: Mods, the 20 minute counter wasn't letting me save the edit, so here it goes, in a new post.
Old 20th October 2009, 22:20   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_x1 View Post
BTW a few more questions:

1. How much time did Hyundai need to install these add-ons?
2. Were the original ORVM's replaced by the new LED ones?
3. Same goes with the reading lamp for the rear seat, are there any new switches added to the console?
4. I see the new verna's sporting 240NM of torque @ 1,900~2,750 RPM, I guess the older models had the figures of
230NM @ 1750-2xxx RPM. Do you find any change in initial pickup compared to older vernas?

That's it for the day, will bother you guys once I could find some more.

Regards,
Mav

OT: Mods, the 20 minute counter wasn't letting me save the edit, so here it goes, in a new post.

It took them a day to paint and get the kit ready and a few hours to install it. I had placed my order a week before my car arrived so they had the parts ready for install once the car was delivered to their showroom.

The LED indicators are actually a simply fixture that fit snug over your existing ORVMs. You don't need to replace the entire unit... just install the add on. I'll post closeup pictures to give you a better idea.

The reading lamp looks like it always existed in the car. Nothing ugly or protruding. Again, pictures will explain things better.

I find the pickup to be more or less the same as the older Verna. Nothing spectacularly different. My driver, who has driven the older Verna says the new one has better acceleration. Either way, its not that drastic.

I'll post pictures tomorrow morning.... scuff plates, orvms, reading lamp etc.
Old 21st October 2009, 13:33   #75
BHPian

Pictures of scuff plates and reading lamp.
Attached Thumbnails
New "Executive Kit" for Verna by Hyundai + Other New Genuine Accessories-100_0118.jpg  

New "Executive Kit" for Verna by Hyundai + Other New Genuine Accessories-100_0119.jpg  

New "Executive Kit" for Verna by Hyundai + Other New Genuine Accessories-100_0120.jpg  

New "Executive Kit" for Verna by Hyundai + Other New Genuine Accessories-100_0116.jpg  

New "Executive Kit" for Verna by Hyundai + Other New Genuine Accessories-100_0117.jpg  

New "Executive Kit" for Verna by Hyundai + Other New Genuine Accessories-100_0126.jpg  

New "Executive Kit" for Verna by Hyundai + Other New Genuine Accessories-100_0125.jpg  

New "Executive Kit" for Verna by Hyundai + Other New Genuine Accessories-100_0124.jpg  

New "Executive Kit" for Verna by Hyundai + Other New Genuine Accessories-100_0123.jpg  

New "Executive Kit" for Verna by Hyundai + Other New Genuine Accessories-100_0121.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks