Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2010, 09:28   #46
BHPian

The Cosworth India website states that the parts are for Maruti cars only! Can someone please shed a little light on whether they're offering parts for any other company?
Seems a little foolish to be associated with Ford for so long and NOT offer any parts for the Duratechs, which are essentially Zetecs - and which Cosworth has been tuning for donkey's years anyway.
Old 5th July 2010, 16:09   #47
mxx
BHPian

follow cosworth India on twitter
Cosworth India (CosworthIndia) on Twitter
Not regularly updated though

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Now this is news! A certain Mr. Peter would soon start having sleepless nights once Cosworth becomes an established brand among car enthusiasts and tuners alike.
Well, pete cant be exactly called a tuner. They are more of an importer and installer than tuner. Even the so called pete tuning box is a re-branded PSI tech tuning box, isnt it? But yes, till now that was the only option.
Direct competition to maybe Red Rooster Performance.
Old 26th July 2010, 20:56   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjalihal View Post
Hey thats cool! Although i do not intend on pimping my car, just wanted to ask: Any ideas whether Cosworth will be coming to Bangalore to open shop?
If they don't have a dealer in your city you can buy directly from them, send them a DD or do an online transfer and they will send you the stuff via courier. Get in touch with them via email/phone for any part that you may need.

My A-Star's Cosworth replacement filter came today via DTDC. Cosworth have been extremely helpful, especially the Director of India operations Mr Kasad.
Old 29th November 2010, 15:50   #49
xsc
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by isodope View Post
The Cosworth India website states that the parts are for Maruti cars only! Can someone please shed a little light on whether they're offering parts for any other company?
Seems a little foolish to be associated with Ford for so long and NOT offer any parts for the Duratechs, which are essentially Zetecs - and which Cosworth has been tuning for donkey's years anyway.
These are the new entrants from Cosworth on the Panel Filters
Octavia 1.8/1.9/2.0 [Diesel] : MRP 4500.00
Ford Fiesta / Figo [Petrol] : MRP 4000.00
Old 23rd January 2012, 12:27   #50
BHPian

Cosworth ECU Remap and Carbon Fibre Silencer for Fiesta 1.6S

Hey Folks,

Its been 2.5 years since i bought my Blue Streak (The 1.6S Fiesta) and I've always harboured the desire to slowly and silently modify the car. Since, I've never had any experience at modification, I've always been a bit circumspect of going the whole hog and learning the ropes, the downside being that any "mod" that i might incorporate might not be a "mod" at all since it would not alter the performance one bit. So its been pretty bits and pieces till now with a Tyre upgrade here (Yoko S Drives) to a Cosworth replacement air filter.

Right now, am thinking of two small mods in 2 steps i.e. A Cosworth Carbon Fibre Silencer in Stage 1 and an ECU Remap in Stage 2 (again Cosy). In case any one's done the exhaust, i have a few questions:

1. Am pretty sure there is no performance upside at all, but is the upside solely aural?
2. Any other advantages that'd accrue apart from the sound?
3. The pics on the site tell me its just a change of the end can and the earlier exhaust stages remain unchanged? Is this true?
4. Likely cost and reliability going forward.

On the ECU Remap bit, Cosworth does offer a remap for a NA Engine and I beleive they should be able to do this easy for the Duratec. The site claims and upside upto 20% but am not really sure about either this, the cost or the reliability? Lastly, how is the remap different from a tuning box? Is it hard coded onto the ECU unlike the tuning box which can be disconnected anytime and take the car back to stock? Or is there some other darker secret?

Tips/ Guidance/ Brickbats would be appreciated.
Old 23rd January 2012, 13:37   #51
Senior - BHPian

Re: Cosworth ECU Remap and Carbon Fibre Silencer for Fiesta 1.6S

Premjit da alot of my friends have got the Cosworth CF Exhaust fitted on their cars.It is surely loud.But I doubt there is any performance gain apart from the noise.For Performance gain you need to change the Headers also AFAIK.

Cosworth Remap I guess you will be the first one to get it done in Calcutta.A Fellow member got it done in his swift diesel.Do check out that review.

Whome are you getting the Cosy Stuff from?Speed & Sameer?
Old 23rd January 2012, 13:51   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

take a dekko:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-petefied.html
Old 23rd January 2012, 15:20   #53
BHPian

re: Cosworth comes to India! Sets up facility in Pune. EDIT: Now shut down

Anyone here used the products yet? Im thinking of making some upgrades on my i20 and seems like they have interesting options. Appreciate the input.
Old 23rd January 2012, 15:20   #54
BHPian

From what I know, premjit, an endcan/silencer will do nothing but enhance the aural appeal of the car. It is a completely different story if you opt for a FFE/ cat-back exhaust which includes custom headers, auxiliary mufler, an expansion chamber, intermediate pipes and the tip. A cat back helps your car breathe better thereby leading to better performance and/or fuel efficiency. You could chose whether you want to increase the low, mid or high rpm's depending on the driving conditions.

I am considering an Automech exhaust system for my Fiesta 1.6S. Automech claims an 8-12% increase in power 6-10% in torque. The entire setup with installation costs about 14,500. The cat back system also has the advantage of bypassing all emission checks as it is street legal unlike a FFE.

From what I know it is better to get a piggyback ECU as it can be removed just before the car goes for servicing an reverts the car back to the stock status.

Also it would be better to get changes done to the ECU after installing an exhaust system as the outcome will be much better in comparison. The stage 1 mods are pretty much the base for further mods.

There are companies like race dynamics which offer engine management systems. So do some thorough research and take inputs from the gurus in tbph before taking the plunge
Old 23rd January 2012, 15:40   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohitd View Post
From what I know, premjit, an endcan/silencer will do nothing but enhance the aural appeal of the car. It is a completely different story if you opt for a FFE/ cat-back exhaust which includes custom headers, auxiliary mufler, an expansion chamber, intermediate pipes and the tip. A cat back helps your car breathe better thereby leading to better performance and/or fuel efficiency. You could chose whether you want to increase the low, mid or high rpm's depending on the driving conditions.

I am considering an Automech exhaust system for my Fiesta 1.6S. Automech claims an 8-12% increase in power 6-10% in torque. The entire setup with installation costs about 14,500. The cat back system also has the advantage of bypassing all emission checks as it is street legal unlike a FFE.

From what I know it is better to get a piggyback ECU as it can be removed just before the car goes for servicing an reverts the car back to the stock status.

Also it would be better to get changes done to the ECU after installing an exhaust system as the outcome will be much better in comparison. The stage 1 mods are pretty much the base for further mods.

There are companies like race dynamics which offer engine management systems. So do some thorough research and take inputs from the gurus in tbph before taking the plunge
Does Automech have a website in India? I am really not sure about the fitment quality and hence am looking for something basic. However, something which just adds a lot of noise without any improvement to the vehicle is just an accessory. Who does the mechanicals for Automech in Kolkata?
Old 23rd January 2012, 15:59   #56
BHPian

Automech makes exhausts only for Indian cars. The contact us page of automech is AutoMECH Engineers

The mechanicals are handled ny Suman da of Alok Auto so I don't think you have much reason to worry about that. In fact it is a sort of partnership.

You may contact Mr Wangchuk Bhutia who is the automech rep in Kolkata at +91 9051129177
Old 23rd January 2012, 21:46   #57
Senior - BHPian

Premjit da,how about also checking out the idea of getting a FFE done by Raj Hinorgani?
Toiing and ShuvD both are running his FFE's on their City's.
I myself am getting his FFE in July this year for the City Type 2.
Old 23rd January 2012, 21:47   #58
BHPian

This could be of some help http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-remapped.html
Old 22nd February 2012, 21:45   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by premjit View Post
Does Automech have a website in India? I am really not sure about the fitment quality and hence am looking for something basic. However, something which just adds a lot of noise without any improvement to the vehicle is just an accessory. Who does the mechanicals for Automech in Kolkata?
Hi Premjit

My friend has installed the Cosworth Exhaust for his fiesta 1.6S. It does sound really wicked. But he says that he sees a slight improvement in the performance. He has got a remapped ECU.

But am not very sure on the performance gain. Give me some time and will let you know.

Last edited by vishnu.csk : 22nd February 2012 at 21:46.
Old 30th May 2012, 12:57   #60
BHPian

i have been talking to cosworth people for their duratech crate engines. The specs that have mailed me are pretty impressive and unfortunately so is the price.
The price that they quote here in india is more than twice the UK FOB price

I am planning to do an engine swap on my contessa using their 2.3L Performance Crate Engine - 280BHP

The only issue here is that they do not provide transmission with the engine. The idea of fabricating a gearbox here is giving me the jitters

Can anyone suggest any solutions

Last edited by cmdalvi : 30th May 2012 at 12:59.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks