Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: The best airfilters around..
K&N Air Filters 142 57.96%
Pipercross Air Filters 24 9.80%
Greencotton Air Filters 58 23.67%
Othes 21 8.57%
Voters: 245. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2009, 10:25   #106
Senior - BHPian

Voted for K&N, since I do not have any experience with others. I know its not the right way to do, But I am happy with K&N in my present Aveo, after changing it gave me much difference in ride. Overall I am happy about it.
I have also explained this to the one to whom I am selling it now.

But for Scorpio mHawk, Will green cotton be better? Any ideas /experiences - please through it here, Thanks.

BTW - Anyone knows how frequently we should wash the Filters? How to find out the right time for cleaning the filter?

Thanks,

Last edited by agbenny : 13th August 2009 at 10:30.
Old 13th August 2009, 14:09   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
I am happy with K&N in my present Aveo, after changing it gave me much difference in ride.
Hello, are you using the replacement filter or the conical ( CAI etc ) ?
Old 17th August 2009, 12:32   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Any Idea on where i can get green cottons in trivandrum. Also i've heard GC is better than K&N for Palio. ANy idea?

Thanks.
You can contact Jerrish or even Peter directly. He had send a mechanic from Cochin to fix GC Wind for my Xing.
Old 17th August 2009, 14:58   #109

BHPians,

Any advice on which filter to be used on a OHC 1.5 exi.

Questions to all

1. Do i opt for a K&N stock replacement filter / Conical filters or Green cotton stock /
conical filter
2. Can i have prices and part numbers for both models, if handy

Also OHC owners, pls share your experiences with any of the above filters, as i see there are very less reviews of filters fitted on a OHC
Old 17th August 2009, 15:29   #110
Senior - BHPian

I have the K&N Conical. Its good, i like the sound and the fact that it smoothens the revs. dont think it makes any significant difference in the performance and FE(in city). FE on the highway improves a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedzone View Post
BHPians,

Any advice on which filter to be used on a OHC 1.5 exi.

Questions to all

1. Do i opt for a K&N stock replacement filter / Conical filters or Green cotton stock /
conical filter
2. Can i have prices and part numbers for both models, if handy

Also OHC owners, pls share your experiences with any of the above filters, as i see there are very less reviews of filters fitted on a OHC
Old 20th August 2009, 10:34   #111

Thanks for your suggestion KSM-Vtec, but i'm not looking at a conical filter at this point of time, wanna do the mods step by step. As of now stock filter fits in to my budget.

BTW what is the mileage(City and Highway) you are getting with the conical filter on your OHC
Old 17th September 2009, 11:55   #112
BHPian

pipercross for baleno

anyone used the pipercross conical filter for the baleno's, i am planning to get one for mine.

Appreciate your feedback..
Old 17th September 2009, 17:45   #113
Senior - BHPian

City with 100%AC - 10kmpl
Highway with 100%AC - 14kmpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedzone View Post
Thanks for your suggestion KSM-Vtec, but i'm not looking at a conical filter at this point of time, wanna do the mods step by step. As of now stock filter fits in to my budget.

BTW what is the mileage(City and Highway) you are getting with the conical filter on your OHC
Old 22nd September 2009, 19:25   #114
BHPian

Air Filters - K&N vs Greencotton vs Pipercross

hey , i have a 2006 Getz....i have just installed a Simota conical filter.....but am worried about the filter sucking in hot air from the engine bay...also the danger of water splashing onto the filter.....i was thinking of fabricating a heat shield or an induction box.....plzz advice me if it is a good idea and if yes how to go about??...also which material?
below r the pics....as u can see i have fastened the filter with an elctrical wire also plz comment on the placement of the filter.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Air Filters - K&N vs Greencotton vs Pipercross-img_0176.jpg  

Air Filters - K&N vs Greencotton vs Pipercross-img_0175.jpg  

Last edited by Technocrat : 22nd September 2009 at 19:41. Reason: Please read the note in post, thanks
Old 22nd September 2009, 19:37   #115
Team-BHP Support

see my gallery. youll see a pic of the conival filter i have and how its fastened. do it like that. also there is no better position than this without making changes to the engine bay components. dont worry about water.
Old 22nd September 2009, 19:52   #116
BHPian

@fastraj - Dont worry about weater splashing on these filters, these are designed to take that burden. The way akshay has fitted this filter is neat. A custom clamp will do the trick, you can weld the other end of the clamp to the base (create a custom metal base) of the filter. I would advise you to take a color printout of Akshays filter fitment to your mechanic. its tough to explain the setting to them. Hope this helps.
Old 22nd September 2009, 19:58   #117
Team-BHP Support

Mods note: Thread merged.
Old 22nd September 2009, 21:39   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElantraGT View Post
@fastraj - Dont worry about weater splashing on these filters, these are designed to take that burden. The way akshay has fitted this filter is neat. A custom clamp will do the trick, you can weld the other end of the clamp to the base (create a custom metal base) of the filter. I would advise you to take a color printout of Akshays filter fitment to your mechanic. its tough to explain the setting to them. Hope this helps.
You do know what happens to engine due water going into it. all are air filters not water filters. During car wash do cover it up with a plastic bag and do remember to remove it before starting.
Do secure the filter properly and also see if its possible to place it any other way such that battery fumes dont keep entering it all time. kits for filters take care of these.
Old 24th September 2009, 01:06   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastraj View Post
hey , i have a 2006 Getz....i have just installed a Simota conical filter.....but am worried about the filter sucking in hot air from the engine bay...also the danger of water splashing onto the filter.....i was thinking of fabricating a heat shield or an induction box.....plzz advice me if it is a good idea and if yes how to go about??...also which material?
below r the pics....as u can see i have fastened the filter with an elctrical wire also plz comment on the placement of the filter.
The rubber from the Air intake hose to the air filter rubber is not a good hold. Add a short SS pipe in between. Also replace the wire with a Clamp.
Old 24th September 2009, 09:46   #120
BANNED

After reading the Spicer Report and given our dusty conditions K & N is a definite no-no.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks