Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: The best airfilters around..
K&N Air Filters 142 57.96%
Pipercross Air Filters 24 9.80%
Greencotton Air Filters 58 23.67%
Othes 21 8.57%
Voters: 245. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2009, 10:00   #121
BHPian

I'm using a green's cotton air filter (storm) with a cold intake pipe on my baleno, and have to say that i did feel a considerable increase in acceleration if not power, quite happy with the performance.
Old 24th September 2009, 11:18   #122
BHPian

with so many a counterfiet K&N in the market all over the world, it would be difficult to say if a badly performing K&N was genuine one or fake.

Cheers
Old 24th September 2009, 15:36   #123
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdiatech View Post
with so many a counterfiet K&N in the market all over the world, it would be difficult to say if a badly performing K&N was genuine one or fake.

Cheers
You are kidding right? Now there are fake K&N filters in the Indian market? If so, best to stick it out ONLY with an authorised retailer.
Old 24th September 2009, 18:11   #124
BHPian

Guys,

Need some help. And urgently at that. Im going for the Raid as an official and had asked the person doing the underbody plating to install a Green Wind filter as well. I was quoted for this 4150+2200 for the piping. I was then told the Wind wouldnt do much and the Storm was the way to go. Pricing for this is 5950+2200 for the piping.

Found out from someone else that a regular conical K&N filter is for 5000+about 1000 more for the piping. The K&N Storm is for 7500+ something extra for the piping.
Around 6k was my budget, and now I'm stuck. Whats the best option here?

Would appreciate your help..Thanks alot!
Old 24th September 2009, 18:42   #125

I am newbie to this forum. Who is the reliable supplier/installer (I do not want fakes) of stock K&N filter for Honda City ZX in Bangalore? How much does it cost?
Old 24th September 2009, 18:59   #126
BHPian

5950+2200 is about how much i paid for my greens storm on the baleno roughly about a year ago in bangalore. I'll have to say that i could feel a significant increase in performance after the installation. I dont know how the K&N would respond in comparison to the greens so cant say, but the greens is a very good option
Old 24th September 2009, 19:50   #127
BHPian

i replace the air filter on my baleno with piper cross yesterday, there is no noticeable difference except for the sound when I rev hard. The filter is supposed to give good mileage, but lemme check on that.
Old 24th September 2009, 20:36   #128
BHPian

Thanks Amith. Have you faced any problems after the install? Someone told me that the larger the filter the more carbon/dirt that gets into the engine, which in the long run will harm it. Appreciate you replying.
Old 25th September 2009, 17:35   #129
BHPian

Slightly OT,
I have a 2008 NHC ZX driven only 9000kms. I was thinking of changing the airfilter to green storm with CAI, but having read thru numerous post, green strom is recommended for 100bhp and above cars.
My question here is:

A) Will green strom with CAI kit suit the 77bhp NHC ZX.

B) If not the above filter, whats the next best filter suited for ZX.

If any of TBHP friends have installed a filter (not stock) on NHC ZX could pls post their reviews after installation with pics would be added advantage.

cheers!!
Old 1st October 2009, 18:31   #130
BHPian

I'm planning to install a CAI in my Palio GTX. Have shortlisted Green Storm as per the comments from this forum. The problem is , I'm in Pune now and need some tuner in Pune who can fit it for me. Any tuners in Pune who sells and installs Green Storm?

If no, then I'll have to order it from Pete's and get it installed here. Again need a contact in Pune how will do nice job in fitting it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 3rd October 2009, 18:19   #131
Senior - BHPian

been using a green cotton wind cai for a bit more than 2 years or so. and now thinking of going in for k&n appollo but do not want to spen extra on the steel tubing which will be required to fix it.

now my query is whether the appollo will fit into the green cotton wind's steel tubing?
Old 5th October 2009, 12:37   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
been using a green cotton wind cai for a bit more than 2 years or so. and now thinking of going in for k&n appollo but do not want to spen extra on the steel tubing which will be required to fix it.

now my query is whether the appollo will fit into the green cotton wind's steel tubing?
I don't know the answer to your query but i do wanna know why you're going for the apollo. Any particular reason ? Any what's your ride ?
Old 5th October 2009, 12:55   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha09mel View Post
Slightly OT,
I have a 2008 NHC ZX driven only 9000kms. I was thinking of changing the airfilter to green storm with CAI, but having read thru numerous post, green strom is recommended for 100bhp and above cars.
My question here is:

A) Will green strom with CAI kit suit the 77bhp NHC ZX.

B) If not the above filter, whats the next best filter suited for ZX.

If any of TBHP friends have installed a filter (not stock) on NHC ZX could pls post their reviews after installation with pics would be added advantage.

cheers!!
According to the greencotton website, sub 100 bhp cars ought to use the nano-storm. They've got a nice collection there, carbonfiber effect, anodised, and piping even.
Funny, they don't have anything named the wind over there.. were we being duped ?
Http://www.greencotton.co.uk
Old 5th October 2009, 15:51   #134
BHPian

Hi di1in,

Having checked with the dealer for GC in mumbai, its strange but they have not heard of nano storm and will get back to me after they check on the same, thou they recommended me for stock replacement filter for my ZX which would cost about 5000k ( find it steep for a stock replacement filter ) non the less will try other options.

Also, I was told pipercross C 7000 or KnN FIPK is the best fit for ZX, any feedback on the same would be helpful.

BTW, appreciate your reply & find on GC filter.
Old 5th October 2009, 16:37   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by di1in View Post
I don't know the answer to your query but i do wanna know why you're going for the apollo. Any particular reason ? Any what's your ride ?
been using a green cotton wind CAI for nearly 2 years now and well just thinking of changing and trying out the appollo and see how it is

have no issues whatsoever with the green mind you; its just that i'm looking for a change

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks