Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

View Poll Results: The best airfilters around..
K&N Air Filters 142 57.96%
Pipercross Air Filters 24 9.80%
Greencotton Air Filters 58 23.67%
Othes 21 8.57%
Voters: 245. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2009, 18:35   #151
BHPian

I can feel there is a reduction in the pickup on my baleno when it rains heavily.. Does it have something to do with the pipercross stock I have used on the car?
Old 6th November 2009, 08:32   #152
Senior - BHPian

i have used a lot of filters in my corsa.i first used simota,then green,then k&n and now pipercross.i find the pipercross the foam ones r doing really great on my corsa.And i feel they are also a breeze to clean.
Old 18th December 2009, 08:17   #153
BHPian

K&N Air Filters

I'm thinking of getting a K&N filter for our Punto MJD. I'm just curious if it really increases the pickup (i don't really care about the mileage).

One of the dealers is quoting Rs 5100 for the filter.

I'm also getting Stanley upholstery for Rs 23000 (seats) + 2000 (Door pads) + 500 (gear boot).

3M film was quoted Rs 4800 (Not the basic film).

Anyway getting back to my question, i'm only considering K&N for pickup. I think Punto is smooth as it is, so should i go for it or pete it?
Old 30th January 2010, 15:19   #154
Senior - BHPian

Found this shocking filter test.

http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/filters_test/2/

Shan2u
Old 30th January 2010, 20:30   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
Found this shocking filter test.

http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/filters_test/2/

Shan2u
thats a good one. i think ill stick to my K&N...btw any idea abt how much the Apexi for a OHC would cost? and where is it available? couldn't find much on the net.
Old 16th February 2010, 00:41   #156
BHPian

i guess it finally comes down to your personal choice as which one is the best.i came across this thread as i was going for a conical filter with cai for my swift vxi soon.but i am still as confused as to which one to go for as i was before reading this thread.
Old 19th February 2010, 11:51   #157
BHPian

looking at this thread I think majority vote for PC.

I am trying to maintain my company warranty(Chevy AVEO 1.4 comes with 3 years warranty) along with my desire to fit an after market air filter to increase low end torque. Fortunately Trident(the Hyundai dealers now dealing Chevy as well) are official dealers of K&N. I might have to stick to K&N as tomorrow if there is a problem, I have my dealer backing me since I got it fitted thru them. Going OT.

So users please let me know your thoughts whiic out of GC or PC or K&N filter is suitable for improving low end torque between( 900-2000 rpm )? this is purely for my understanding purposes though I dont have any option than K&N for warranty reasons.

Last edited by s3va : 19th February 2010 at 11:52.
Old 20th February 2010, 06:36   #158
BHPian

Hey guys.I just installed a Green Filter in my getz.Little change in pick-up which can only be noticed by the driver.The importer claimed it to give 5-6 bhp boost.Here are a few snaps.

Air Filters - K&N vs Greencotton vs Pipercross-p2194265.jpg

Air Filters - K&N vs Greencotton vs Pipercross-p2194266.jpg

Air Filters - K&N vs Greencotton vs Pipercross-p2194271.jpg
Old 21st February 2010, 13:07   #159
BHPian

@punterccrx8s : I presume you have fitted Green Filters USA and not Green Cotton. Could you please share the price ? ALso where did you get it fitted ?
Old 3rd April 2010, 17:57   #160
BHPian

hey guys , need some help with my filter. Its a simota filter from my getz that i installed in my ohc . Plz give your opinion on the placement of the filter.
Performancewise the revs have indeed smoothened out without any flat spots and the engine feels smooth & free revving.
Attached Thumbnails
Air Filters - K&N vs Greencotton vs Pipercross-img_0496.jpg  

Old 4th April 2010, 13:58   #161
CPH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastraj View Post
hey guys , need some help with my filter. Its a simota filter from my getz that i installed in my ohc . Plz give your opinion on the placement of the filter.
Performancewise the revs have indeed smoothened out without any flat spots and the engine feels smooth & free revving.
This set-up will kill low end torque delivery. You need a longer pipe (which should have the diameterreduced along the way before coming back to the filter mouth diameter) and the black elbow is too sharp bending. Would also benefit to get further down and forward.
Old 5th April 2010, 11:27   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPH View Post
This set-up will kill low end torque delivery. You need a longer pipe (which should have the diameterreduced along the way before coming back to the filter mouth diameter) and the black elbow is too sharp bending. Would also benefit to get further down and forward.
I feel that after installing the air filter the car has become really responsive, honda anyways is free revving and it seems the bottom and midrange has improved with lesser downshifts.
also a hissing sound is present which sounds like a supercharger, is it normal?
i am pretty happy with this setup currently because the car is a hoot to drive now, just wondering whether i should change to a longer pipe!
Old 5th April 2010, 14:05   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The throttle-body in this intake manifold faces upwards, so short of doing a custom pipe contraption that curves above with a large diameter and somehow manages to clear the hood or completely replacing the intake manifold, there's always going to be a 90 degree bend right above the TB. Otherwise, ... What he said.
Old 5th April 2010, 15:28   #164
CPH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastraj View Post
I feel that after installing the air filter the car has become really responsive, honda anyways is free revving and it seems the bottom and midrange has improved with lesser downshifts.
also a hissing sound is present which sounds like a supercharger, is it normal?
i am pretty happy with this setup currently because the car is a hoot to drive now, just wondering whether i should change to a longer pipe!
The hissing sound is normal.

Longer pipe is better if you can fit it.
Old 5th April 2010, 16:45   #165
BHPian

Quote:
The hissing sound is normal.

Longer pipe is better if you can fit it.
thanks for the suggestion!
does anyone know where i can get the long pipe installed, because my tuner is charging me a bomb, rs3800 for the lightweight long pipe! i already shelled out rs 850 bucks just for the black coupling & rs1200 for the short pipe considering the filter was for 6k!! this intake is getting really expensive.

Most Viewed