Team-BHP - Air Filters - K&N vs Greencotton vs Pipercross
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Air Filters - K&N vs Greencotton vs Pipercross (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/65987-air-filters-k-n-vs-greencotton-vs-pipercross.html)

Most of us are only familier with K&N Filters cuz its been around for a long time now. How do Greencotton n Pipercross perform? Anyone who are really satisfied with it n feels its better than K&N??

K&N Air Filters
K&N High Performance Air Filters, Oil Filters, & Cold Air Intakes - Official K&N Engineering Site

Pipercross Air Filters
Pipercross Air Filters

Greencotton Air Filters
Greencotton

It r-active for me...does its job well

I will speak of K&N which made MOST difference-K&N cold air intake on my Vrs,Just that and REMUS muffler has made the Little one "hiss" out its typical blow off valve sound!

Nice product,expensive,but nice,worth it?i wouldnt know!

Well, IMHO Pipercross sounds better than K&Ns. Can't comment on the merits/demerits though.

k&n for,i dont have any exprience about the others but k&n xtreme has been amazing for me

i have a Simota filter in my santro xing and i am pretty satisfied with its performance.!

Does any of these exists for Tata Safari DICOR?

If yes, any ownership experiences?

Do they do the job well in the big monster????

I remember Steeroid using the conical K&N filter during the 2006 national Team-BHP meet in Goa. He got amazing fuel efficiency.
The only problem was the induction sound which is humongous for a diesel.But, this can always be dampened. :)

ya i also read that comment earlier about the induction noise/boom. but how wud we dampen it.

Any idea how much would teh filter cost for safari?

Ive done a bit of study on the K&N vs Pipercross difference and literature suggests that K&N filters deliver extra performance upwards of 4500 rpm..while PC kicks in at 3000-3500 rpm...

Thus for city driving where u really rev the engine too much PC would be more advisable.

K&N would be more suited for racing enthusiasts.

Also the Panel PC filter is said to work best in mornings and evenings because of the cooler outside air...while conical PC filter works just as well irrespective of outside temperature...

I have a K&N fitted in my Santro and am pretty happy with it. Will be trying out a Ractive filter in my Lancer soon... guess I'll be able to compare the two then.
IMHO, not advisable to compare different brands without actually trying them all out. All companies praise their products no end, and people who buy them are usually loyal to their choice of brand (unless it's really crappy).

i got a K&N RX-4730 X-Stream, has done wonders for my car, the mid range has gone up the ac lag has reduced, very little change in FE.
Planning to fit in a pre charger or a foam pre-cleaner .

has any one of ya got it fitted in your universal filers?

Quote:

Originally Posted by hiphopdoc
Ive done a bit of study on the K&N vs Pipercross difference and literature suggests that K&N filters deliver extra performance upwards of 4500 rpm..while PC kicks in at 3000-3500 rpm...

Thus for city driving where u really rev the engine too much PC would be more advisable.

K&N would be more suited for racing enthusiasts.

Also the Panel PC filter is said to work best in mornings and evenings because of the cooler outside air...while conical PC filter works just as well irrespective of outside temperature...

Where did U study all this??
Did U do it urself?? Can we have the link of the test data?

Haven't use these products. So, not fair that i vote now!

K&N RE 0930; did increase low end torque. NBot sure it its coz i I also changed the tyre from OE to 175/60 GIII, my Xing now can go past 120. Prior to above upgrades 115 was the max.

edit : saw a new model by K&N called Twister. Any reviews about it?