Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2009, 04:59   #1
Senior - BHPian

Programming a remote locking system?

My Getz has a Piranha remote locking system- the one whose remote has three red buttons, an antenna, and a button to disable/ turn off the remote.

I tend to forget pressing the lock button at times, at have left the car unlocked overnight- thank god I have a closed car park. I know that the system can be programmed to auto-lock itself within a few minutes of the doors being closed - Question is How?

The manual that comes with it is a piece of paper, and there is nothing on it about this. And I want to try it myself rather than getting the dealer to do it, spending more time on it

I know I can lock myself out of the car - that can never happen because the car key and remote are not together- the remote hangs on my belt loop at all times
Old 26th September 2009, 16:05   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
I tend to forget pressing the lock button at times, at have left the car unlocked overnight- thank god I have a closed car park. I know that the system can be programmed to auto-lock itself within a few minutes of the doors being closed - Question is How?
While I don't think that the system can be programmed to auto lock, I do also think it will be easier for you to "remember" to lock the car. Seriously
Old 26th September 2009, 16:10   #3
BANNED

Well In the European i20 cars when you cross the speed level 25mph all the doors locks automatically. So I think you have to make a custom one or get some circuitry for the same.

Last edited by wildon : 26th September 2009 at 16:14.
Old 26th September 2009, 19:52   #4
BHPian

Most of the remote locking and security systems can be programmed in various ways. Autocop systems has this autolock feature - something called "proximity lock/unlock" feature. In this system the car gets locked when the owner gets out of the area of the remote and gets unlocked once the owner enters the area covered by the remote. My Autocop 9970 has this feature - but it is turned off by default - and I never turned it on.

Enquire with the service center of your security system - they may be able to tell you.
Old 27th September 2009, 17:47   #5
Senior - BHPian

Call up the auto cop guys hotline and ask for your model information. they can guide you
Old 27th September 2009, 17:56   #6
BHPian

Maruti Nippon has it

Hi I have this feature on my maruti nippon system and u should tealise the autolock features has its disadvantages... when the car wash guy washes ur car every morning the car siren will sound every 25 secs the doors are open for washing the interiors and also when you get out of ur car and forget ur keys and the car does not have ignition key remainder then u might forget to take key out and get locked out.... my 2 cents
Old 28th September 2009, 00:16   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
While I don't think that the system can be programmed to auto lock, I do also think it will be easier for you to "remember" to lock the car. Seriously
LOL ! I had an autocop in my old Indica, and had this feature turned on by the autocop guys. I think Piranha too would be having something similar, let me check with them...
Old 28th September 2009, 09:28   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
My Getz has a Piranha remote locking system- the one whose remote has three red buttons, an antenna, and a button to disable/ turn off the remote.

The manual that comes with it is a piece of paper, and there is nothing on it about this. And I want to try it myself rather than getting the dealer to do it, spending more time on it

I know I can lock myself out of the car - that can never happen because the car key and remote are not together- the remote hangs on my belt loop at all times
My Wagon R has a Piranha kit.
If I press the middle button and then unlock the car will unlock in silent mode. i.e. no beep beep.
The reverse alarm is also disabled.
The car will not autolock on its own.
It will however lock up as its started.

If I only press the unlock button.
It will beep as it unlock.
The reverse alarm is activated on reversing.
The car will lock on switching on the engine.
If the doors are not opened within some 30 secs or so, it will lock the car.
Old 28th September 2009, 11:22   #9
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x
Put the car key & remote together. That's the best option !

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
In this system the car gets locked when the owner gets out of the area of the remote and gets unlocked once the owner enters the area covered by the remote. My Autocop 9970 has this feature
It seems to be like that you are having a high-end system. What was the cost ?
Old 2nd October 2009, 12:16   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Well In the European i20 cars when you cross the speed level 25mph all the doors locks automatically. .
Quote:
While I don't think that the system can be programmed to auto lock...
Both my Ritz and the Baleno have Nippon factory installed systems.

In the Ritz Zxi, doors lock automatically after starting off when your speed touches 20 kph. Whereas in the Baleno doors lock 20 seconds after starting the car, whether you've moved off or not.

The Baleno system is programmable to autolock 20 secs after key is removed and the last door is closed. I've un-programmed this as I find it dangerous!
Old 2nd October 2009, 12:54   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
It seems to be like that you are having a high-end system. What was the cost ?
It cost me around 6K 3 years ago. But these features are not as useful as it seems - in my system this is turned off- I like locking and unlocking by pressing remote keys for obvious reasons. Suppose you went out of the proximity zone and your security system does not lock the car due malfunctioning - you will be in no position to confirm whether the car is locked or not. So lock the car using remote and check by pulling the door handle.
Old 3rd October 2009, 12:15   #12
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
In the Ritz Zxi, doors lock automatically after starting off when your speed touches 20 kph. Whereas in the Baleno doors lock 20 seconds after starting the car, whether you've moved off or not.
Hi Filcord, I believe the thread starter is talking of something different. That is, not the car auto-locking once you start driving, but rather auto-locking after you park the car.
Old 3rd October 2009, 23:05   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Filcord, I believe the thread starter is talking of something different. That is, not the car auto-locking once you start driving, but rather auto-locking after you park the car.
I know, see the second part of my post, it referred exactly to this, but perhaps I did not differentiate well enough from the first part!

My Baleno nippon system can be programmed to autolock after you shut off ignition and 20 secs from close of the last door.

Most Viewed