Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2008, 19:26   #151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiunni View Post
Just fitted a Petes tuning box on my Swift vdi - install was 5 mins (guess i could have done it myself) - 28K @ Bangalore hot track peter recommended - every thing appears normal as of now (slight change in sound ) and couldnt test it in the Blr traffic , driving back 2mmrw in the morning to Chennai from Bangalore - will post once i get there -

Probably a loose connection , once the kit was fitted the dashboard came one with the engine ajar sign .opened the bonnet and shook the cables and it was gone -

Friend of mine drove the car around ulsoor lake , @ 2030 hours @ 40 :

Waiting to hit hosur road early tomorrow

Ok this has been a delayed post - did Chennai Bangalore about 4 times after that . The car moves like a dream - no smoking something i was concerned about - did about 140 , didnt feel comfortable with the Stock tyres - but to give all a general idea - the car does 140 like it did 80 earlier - my FE remained the same
Old 3rd April 2008, 17:18   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Ok this has been a delayed post - did Chennai Bangalore about 4 times after that . The car moves like a dream - no smoking something i was concerned about - did about 140 , didnt feel comfortable with the Stock tyres - but to give all a general idea - the car does 140 like it did 80 earlier - my FE remained the same
thanks for the update. You are enoying your ride and reaping the benefits of your investment.

Anyone has any idea whether Petes box would ever be available for Safari VTT till then I am in two minds to exchange my Verna for Safari.

Last edited by shatrughna : 3rd April 2008 at 17:28.
Old 3rd April 2008, 19:45   #153
rippergeo

I doubt if peter is going to bring out a box for the safari anytime soon. keep the verna, just pete it!

read hellstar's thread for reviews of the pete's box on a verna.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...-update-4.html

Old 3rd April 2008, 21:07   #154
BHPian

i read on this thread someone was going to pete a getz crdi - is it done yet
i am guessing discs on all 4 will be needed and some suspension upgrades to handle the power, given that getz tends to have inefficient braking even with 110bhp and lots of body roll

but a getz with 130 bhp is so enticing i guess it might beat the turbo'd swifts too, or will it
Old 4th April 2008, 14:28   #155
BHPian

Thanks rippergeo. I guess so. If at all I Pete Verna , I ll do it after testing scorpio automatic as I am keen on buying a safari but will pick up scorpio if it comes with auto tranny . whichever car I buy will be exchanged with Verna unless I find the replacement too bad. I have already picked up a Santro AT as second car so wont be able to afford/ use / need the third one unless I win some lottery.( just kidding).

Hi Jassi. You must be kidding when you asked about the Getz beating Swift ( Ds). I have no doubts about a getz beating a swift- and I am sure it does.
Old 4th April 2008, 15:36   #156
BHPian

rrnsss was planning to pick up Getz and pete it. So far there is no update on that thread so I guess, it not peted yet.
Old 4th April 2008, 18:19   #157
BHPian

Spotted a peted getz(atleast from the badge at the rear) and boy it was quick!
Old 4th April 2008, 19:46   #158
BHPian

did the badge say it was a peted crdi
peted getz seems like an amazing feat with 130bhp and all that torque i hope they got the handling sorted out and got all 4 discs!!
Old 5th April 2008, 20:18   #159
Distinguished - BHPian

will the petes work for the new Indica DiCOR? Has anyone got it done?
Old 28th July 2008, 21:07   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Woooops been a while thought I should post this update - bomb blasts in Blr last Friday couldnt leave blr on Friday evening ( the thought of hosur road messy traffic and police checks every 30 mins ... no way) hit out in the morning 0555 Hrs - by now my swift has done 7000 kms - empty roads a smart Civic and a pot bellied SX4 kept me company - did my best lap 4 hrs 30 mins on Hosur road - door to door -

The only disappointment - music System in the evening went up to Blue raven and got a( nothing much to do with bomb blast shutting down all the malls ) Sub fitted - a JBL sub to " match " the JBL frnts and the amp and the Rear MDF supported speakers -

The damn thing now sounds like a battery operated Radio - which is low on battery and weak on signals -

Need to fix that one for sure -

But then again petes made the trip (and the pain of the ICE ) Shorter!

Last edited by Rehaan : 29th July 2008 at 04:45. Reason: 2 smileys per post. Please read the rules before continuing.
Old 29th July 2008, 09:20   #161
Senior - BHPian

Its an imported box, fixed in international brands of vehicles available in india.

NO box for Indian cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
will the petes work for the new Indica DiCOR? Has anyone got it done?
Old 29th July 2008, 11:00   #162
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Its an imported box, fixed in international brands of vehicles available in india.

NO box for Indian cars.
@dadu- that used to be true,
now the tuning box is available for the scorpio 2.6 crde and the 2.2 mhawk

Old 29th July 2008, 20:44   #163
Senior - BHPian

i think Pete will have a box for any car with an ECU. Is that right?
Old 30th July 2008, 10:09   #164
Senior - BHPian

is anyone install Pete's Box in Ford Fiesta.
what is the cost in Chennai ? I am very keen to install
Please let me know.
Old 6th August 2008, 16:40   #165
Senior - BHPian

Hello Pals,
Awaiting your response on Pete's Box.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks