Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2011, 12:56   #226
BHPian

Re: Product Review: Pete's Digital Diesel Tuning Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Source of info please? Have there been instances of stock Multijet/ DDiS/ Quadrajet engines failing before 1.5L kms?

There have been users who have done 2L+ kms in their Swifts, without any major issues. I haven't come across users having serious complaints with Multijet/ DDiS/ Quadrajet engines either. Hence, puzzled to see this statement.

3 years, 2.2 L kms, and even ran a Pete's box for sometime. -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ip-pg-3-a.html

2.5 years, 2L kms -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ounting-4.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush_Vroom View Post
My Swift Turbo died 3 days back. MSM says there is Oil leakage and needs to change the turbocharger.Its done 115000. Just like that i also asked regarding Engine Overhaul. They quoted 1.25lacs to 1.50 lacs. Is is really so costly?
I spoke about the average or rather the minimum life of a turbo on a DDis before it starts giving trouble. Yes i have seen cars which have done over 2 lakh kms but i have seen cars which have needed turbo replacements around the 1.5 lakh mark .
Old 20th December 2011, 14:54   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
@ Monaro CV8: Exactly what I'm asking and I'd like to know more on what am missing here.
Do some research by searching for the products you're interested in. As for what they do, check the link below:

The Spider Diesel tuning system.

That's just one model. There are several others as well. Race Dynamics Dieseltronic is a home grown model who claims the first ever module with a remote map selector. Its Indian and proud to be!

DieselTRONIC - Diesel ECU ( tuning box) to increase power and mileage with remote for multiple maps | racedynamics.in
Old 5th April 2012, 09:30   #228
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Just wanted to understand this, is the pete's tuning box connected in series with the existing ECU or as a separate standalone device, excluding the existing ECU which is kept redundant?

Can we also have a comparison with other tuning boxes such as Spider, Racedynamics etc? :-D
Old 5th April 2012, 09:54   #229
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi,

Just wanted to understand this, is the pete's tuning box connected in series with the existing ECU or as a separate standalone device, excluding the existing ECU which is kept redundant?

Can we also have a comparison with other tuning boxes such as Spider, Racedynamics etc? :-D
All tuning boxes be it Pete's or Racedynamics Dieseltronic are always connected in series. They are referred to as piggyback units and not standalone.

The very basic idea is that it takes the readings from the ECU and then sends a different set of readings to the sensors. There are complex algorithms involved that need to take care of all scenarios. It's not just simple maths.
Old 5th April 2012, 10:05   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The very basic idea is that it takes the readings from the ECU and then sends a different set of readings to the sensors.
Is it the signals from the ECU to the sensors that's changed or vice versa? What are the difference between the different tuning boxes?
Old 5th April 2012, 10:18   #231
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Is it the signals from the ECU to the sensors that's changed or vice versa? What are the difference between the different tuning boxes?
The signals from the ECU to the injectors are changed. The ECU reads from it's various sensors then sends the required signals to the injector system. Incase of a tuning box, it's the tuning box that is sending the signal to the injectors.

The difference is the algorithm or software used. Some tuning boxes change the fuel rail pressure some change the duration of injection and some change the boost pressure of Turbo.

I don't think the companies reveal what parameter they are altering but some experts here would know.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2012, 23:58   #232
BANNED

I don't know about all the tuning boxes, but most of the cheaper ones simply lower the voltage signal from fuel rail pressure sensor. Usually done by passing the generated signal through resistors of some sort. Drop in voltage tels the ecu, that it needs to increase fuel injection pulse in order to meet the required target of air flow and throttle position etc.
The so called map selector dial, simply increases or decreases the amount by which voltage from fuel real pressure is lowered.

actual value of most of the boxes is les s than 50 bucks, selling them at 20+k is almost criminal.
dustom_99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2013, 18:30   #233
BHPian

Dear Mates,

Can anyone confirm is Pete's Diesel tuning box is worth paying that extra bit when RaceDynamics is available at a lower cost?

Thanks in advance
Old 8th January 2015, 15:06   #234
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboindia View Post
Take care

Peter
Hi Pete.

I'm more interested in the engine's smoothness, refinement, and FE. My daily running is 100 Kms on NH 8 in Beat D.

I have a light foot. With that and the manufacturer recommended cold tire 34 PSI, I'm already getting the promised FE of 25.

What FE do you think I can expect from the box? Touching — and crossing — 30 to the Liter is my dream.

What can I say?
Where most people have dream BHP figures to drive, I have a dream FE figure I want to attain.
Old 7th May 2015, 12:48   #235
BHPian

Hi Peter, is there a box available for a Polo GT tdi 1.5?

Also, will pete's box work on the tsi?

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by noopster : 7th May 2015 at 18:53.
Old 7th May 2015, 18:54   #236
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro-Idiot View Post

Also, will pete's box work on the tsi?
Not advisable to use a digital diesel tuning box for a petrol TSI engine
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2015, 14:05   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Not advisable to use a digital diesel tuning box for a petrol TSI engine
Hi Noopster, I wanted to know if there is a tuning box available for the tsi, or these are only for diesels? I dont know
Old 12th May 2015, 14:25   #238
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro-Idiot View Post
Hi Noopster, I wanted to know if there is a tuning box available for the tsi, or these are only for diesels? I dont know
No, Tuning Box is not available for TSI engines, Remap is the only option.
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2016, 12:35   #239
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
No, Tuning Box is not available for TSI engines, Remap is the only option.
I think race dynamics has tuning box for Polo GT TSI.
Old 4th March 2016, 13:38   #240
Senior - BHPian

I'm using a Pete's box on my 2009 Punto for 6+ years. I installed it when the odo was @10K - current odo reading is @97K. So I've used it for 87K km.

It's been flawless so far - no problems faced ( touchwood ). It did improve the low end response and pickup. Planning to continue using it so long as I keep my car. I don't take it out when I give it for service - just tell the SA that the box is there on my car , and I should see it when it's being returned .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks