Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2009, 13:26   #1
BHPian

Where can I buy 'pull up' rear window sunshades?

I have just seen the dotted curtains that cover the side window glass in some Mercedes' and would like to know if one can get those for any other cars ( Innova)
I am thinking of using those instead of sunfilms on the sides.I like the look of a translucent window glass over a sunfilm window.
Any places in Mumbai where I can buy those, or are they only for the MB's.
Please don't suggest the 50 Rs pair that are sold at the signals and look like female innerwear when folded nor the spring loaded roller curtains that would come for the older fiats and ambys.

Last edited by riteshritesh : 26th September 2009 at 13:28.
Old 26th September 2009, 20:56   #2
Senior - BHPian

It's easily available at the accessories shops here in New Delhi, should not be a problem to find one there.
Old 27th September 2009, 10:35   #3
BHPian

Thanks. I will check for them here in Mumbai too and revert when fitted.
Old 6th April 2010, 14:18   #4
BHPian

I checked in the aftermarket shops but all are externally fitted.

I want side window curtains, like the ones in an Audi, BMW which are concealed in the door and you pull up to hook up in the top bracket.

I understand that those are OEM and not aftermarket, but has someone fitted similar ones ( concealed and not fitted externally) on non Audi/BMW/Merc vehicles as aftermarket option?
Old 6th April 2010, 14:22   #5
Senior - BHPian

Ritesh, see if this helps you.
Old 6th April 2010, 16:31   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Ritesh, see if this helps you.

P8 window curtains from Amritras - delhi. check any autocar india magazine.they have advertisements in the mag.
Old 8th April 2010, 15:29   #7
BHPian

Thanks aargee and smsrini.

I checked the amritras ad. and that too looks like externally fitted on the window ledge. The rolled portion is visible.
The german cars have a slit on the window ledge and the curtains comes from inside, thus keeping the window ledge free of cluster.
Old 4th May 2010, 17:56   #8
BHPian

Aftermarket Sun-Shade for car windows

Hi,

Are collapsible rear sun protection curtains (the type you have in rear window of linea) available for other cars as after market accessories?

I think its a cool idea and saves the car interiors from heating up specially when parked.

It would be much more elegant than the stick on type ones available generally.

Does anyone know of any enterprising car accessories shop where this might be available?
Old 4th May 2010, 18:02   #9
Senior - BHPian

Do you mean for the rear wind screens or for the side windows? There is a company in Delhi called 'Amritras' that advertises in auto magazines for the side window curtains. Upon contacting they say please call our dealers as we do not sell directly and the dealers neither carry any in stock nor do they respond to any queries.
Old 4th May 2010, 18:05   #10
BHPian

@khoj: Preferably for the sides as well as rear. Amritras eh? let me check them out as well and see if I have better luck. Thanks.e
Old 5th May 2010, 16:26   #11
BHPian

I did find a couple of dealers in Pune stocking the Amritras sun curtains. They cost Rs. 4650 for 4 windows. Has anyone used them?
Old 5th May 2010, 17:02   #12
Senior - BHPian

What do these look like? Are these the ones that are fastened onto the window sill and then lowered or raised as the case maybe? Are they a universal fit (which is doubtful) or they are model specific?
Old 5th May 2010, 17:10   #13
BHPian

The device is known as a Rear Curtain and I have always had it installed on my cars since 2001, albiet in Gurgaon, havent seen them yet in Bangalore.

Last time I purchased it for my rear window for NHC in 2008 for about 500 rs, am sure you would also get it for side windows as well, however, note that these are mounted permanently and would eat up some amount of elbow room from the car, maybe because of this reason, they are not hugely popular,

The stick on ones for the side windows do not consume any space at all, also they can put on and off at ease and hence are more popular,

The fixed rear curtain is a very effective way to keep out heat and can be easily fixed on any type of car.
Old 5th May 2010, 17:20   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantanumishra View Post
The device is known as a Rear Curtain and I have always had it installed on my cars since 2001, albiet in Gurgaon, havent seen them yet in Bangalore.
couuld you please upload a picture of it in your car.
Old 5th May 2010, 17:31   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
couuld you please upload a picture of it in your car.
sorry buddy, i have sold the NHC, let me search in case I have some old pic,

However, I do have another Rear Curtain installed on my WagonR, but you would have to wait till 14 May when I go to Gurgaon as the car is now there, I will definitely post the picture from WagonR on 14/15 May
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks