Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2010, 17:44   #16
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
could you please upload a picture of it in your car.
Collapsible rear sun protection curtain is standard in Emotion Pack of Fiat Linea. Here is a picture of my Fiat Linea showing it on the rear windshield:

Last edited by J.Ravi : 5th May 2010 at 17:46.

Old 5th May 2010, 20:47   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
What do these look like? Are these the ones that are fastened onto the window sill and then lowered or raised as the case maybe? Are they a universal fit (which is doubtful) or they are model specific?
Yes, those are what I am looking out for. The ones made by Amritras are car specific and are mounted on the window sill. These can be opened up and attached to hooks that are fastened to the top of the window sill.

These can be found as standard on the Passat and other high end cars. The only thing is that in these cars the curtain roll sits inside either the door panel or the B pillar cladding where they roll out vertically and horizontally respectively.

Last edited by khoj : 5th May 2010 at 20:50.
Old 5th May 2010, 22:42   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Yes, those are what I am looking out for. The ones made by Amritras are car specific and are mounted on the window sill. These can be opened up and attached to hooks that are fastened to the top of the window sill.

These can be found as standard on the Passat and other high end cars. The only thing is that in these cars the curtain roll sits inside either the door panel or the B pillar cladding where they roll out vertically and horizontally respectively.
Sold under the P8 brand and costs 500 (I think so). They're easily available now, atleast in New Delhi.
Old 6th May 2010, 00:02   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Sold under the P8 brand and costs 500 (I think so). They're easily available now, atleast in New Delhi.
Please provide sellers details.
Old 6th May 2010, 01:46   #20
Senior - BHPian

Where can a get a front windscreen sun-shade (in B'lore) to put in my car when its parked in the hot sun.

Pic shown
Attached Thumbnails
Where can I buy 'pull up' rear window sunshades?-carsunshade.jpg  

Old 6th May 2010, 22:10   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
What do these look like? Are these the ones that are fastened onto the window sill and then lowered or raised as the case maybe? Are they a universal fit (which is doubtful) or they are model specific?
Yes, they have four pieces for the 4 side windows. Attached to the sill and these have rubber/plastic clamps at the top which fix on to the top of the window so when the window is rolled up, the shade goes up with it.
These are car specific since I did see different boxes labeled for different cars.
The price for a set of 4 as I mentioned earlier is Rs. 4650. The stick on ones (generic) are much cheaper at around 250-650 (local - tyvek).

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantanumishra View Post
Last time I purchased it for my rear window for NHC in 2008 for about 500 rs, am sure you would also get it for side windows as well, however, note that these are mounted permanently and would eat up some amount of elbow room from the car, maybe because of this reason, they are not hugely popular,

The stick on ones for the side windows do not consume any space at all, also they can put on and off at ease and hence are more popular,
By stick on ones, you mean the ones with the suction cups right? Do these come in exact shapes and sizes for car models or generic size only?

Quote:
Please provide sellers details.
In Pune, they are available with CarAx on Mumbai-B'lore bypass and Car Cupid in sus road.
Old 6th May 2010, 22:20   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
Thanks aargee and smsrini.

I checked the amritras ad. and that too looks like externally fitted on the window ledge. The rolled portion is visible.
The german cars have a slit on the window ledge and the curtains comes from inside, thus keeping the window ledge free of cluster.
I too was searching for something similar but couldnt find anything other than the Amritras ones. One accessory dealer explained that there is no space inside the side door panels of other cars to fit the rolled up curtain whereas for MB, Audi and BMV, the door panels are made in such a way that it accomodates the curtain. Havent openerd my car door panel yet so cant confirm .

Please let me know if you have found any alternatives.
Old 6th May 2010, 22:41   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreeps View Post
Yes, they have four pieces for the 4 side windows. Attached to the sill and these have rubber/plastic clamps at the top which fix on to the top of the window so when the window is rolled up, the shade goes up with it.
At the sill level are these clamped or screwed to the door panel. Any snaps if possible.

Quote:
In Pune, they are available with CarAx on Mumbai-B'lore bypass and Car Cupid in sus road.
Would you have phone numbers?

@tsk13
I await your inputs for dealers in Delhi.
Old 6th May 2010, 23:03   #24
Senior - BHPian

There is S.R. Car Decorator in Lajpat Nagar 1 (B Block), he was having these and said its available for all cars. I think this product will be available at other stores in Lajpat Nagar as well, it was by chance I happened to see this at this store while searching for Sunfilm.
Old 7th May 2010, 07:46   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreeps View Post

By stick on ones, you mean the ones with the suction cups right? Do these come in exact shapes and sizes for car models or generic size only?
Yes, absolutely correct, the ones with small vaccum suction cups at the end, They come in generic sizes but fit any car window.
Old 7th May 2010, 16:34   #26
BHPian

Quote:
At the sill level are these clamped or screwed to the door panel. Any snaps if possible.

Would you have phone numbers?
Yes I believe so they can be stuck on the door panel. Alternately they can be screwed on for a more permanent fit. I havent got them fitted since i am not sure how they will look. The accessories dealer mentioned that he has them fitted in his car. I will try to take snaps and post them here.

For carax the details can be found at their website: CARAX, Auto Accessories Store in Pune, India's Largest Car Accessories Store, Quality Car Accessories Stores at Pune, Live Car Audio System Shop, Car Music System on Pune Highway, 3M Car Care Products, Alloy Wheels in Pune, Good Car Accessories Mall,

For Car Cupid, call on +(91)-(20)-66820574 and ask for Sunny or Sumit.

Last edited by shreeps : 7th May 2010 at 16:39.
Old 7th May 2010, 19:30   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Do you mean for the rear wind screens or for the side windows? There is a company in Delhi called 'Amritras' that advertises in auto magazines for the side window curtains. Upon contacting they say please call our dealers as we do not sell directly and the dealers neither carry any in stock nor do they respond to any queries.
I came across these ones branded as P8, they cost close to Rs.4000. These curtains have car specific sizes and shape, they come as a set for 4 windows.

These curtains look similar to the curtains that come as OE in Luxury cars like Skoda Superb.
Old 7th May 2010, 19:50   #28
Senior - BHPian

@tsk13 Thanks, I will look in at SR this weekend.

@ .anshuman where did you find these, again details of the shop please.
Old 7th May 2010, 20:24   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Where can a get a front windscreen sun-shade (in B'lore) to put in my car when its parked in the hot sun.

Pic shown
You should get it in any auto accessory shop. I remember getting one from a small shop in nandidurg road some 3-4 years back.
Old 5th August 2010, 21:53   #30

Roll Up Window Curtains For Doors And Rear

HI, Came across this thread and luckily I just ve had happened to pick up these wonderful roll up curtains which come in a universal size from A 1 automobiles at Milan subway Santacruz west, I have bought only the rear window curtains and these come in a choice of 3 - 4 colours. Far more better than the suction cup folding types and very easy to affix on any car window and remove. These are made in Taiwan and have a push button for easy roll up. The brand name is Sunshade cool and is made by Macauto ind. co.
I think these are the best options and one does not have to fight with the suction cups as it rolls up and remains in that position without causing any view hindrance. Bought it for a extremly reasonable price of 600/- Rupees a pair. Hope this helps and will put up pics soon as awaiting the delivery of my car. I googled and found these to be the closest thill then.

rahulraa is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks