Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2011, 13:40   #586
BHPian

Re: Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review

For folks in Bangalore who are unable to make it to the auto show, there is hope right here. I picked up the Jopasu gift pack from Nirmal (nirmaljusdoit) yesterday and can't thank him enough for the swift response and prompt delivery. Not only will you get a discount (got my combo set for INR 1,100), free delivery (Nirmal himself came to my office to deliver the pack) but some great car detailing gyaan completely free. A killer deal, I say!
Old 8th January 2011, 15:38   #587
Senior - BHPian

@manz, could you let me know the contents of this gift pack. I am going to the auto show shortly, so would be keen to know what is available
Old 8th January 2011, 16:41   #588
BHPian

A couple of curious neighbors watched me daily using my Jopasu, and finally came forward to ask for it. Promptly got 2 gift packs for them from mkh, great to have this around as getting from ebay has a time delay and shipping charges also. I recently washed mine, doing great after the wash too.
@manz- Detailing gyan from the gurus for free is worth a lot more! I got so much to learn from them when i got my car treated that i have saved loads of precious water, time and energy which is hard to measure in money
BTW maybe but just try out getting your ride surface treated by them, you will be bowled over
@dreamcatcher- is the show worth it? A friend came back disappointed! Getting a duster at discount but paying the entrance fee may finally not be worth the effort! But if you are decided, go for it!
Old 8th January 2011, 23:12   #589
BANNED

hemantbsutar

I visited AutoShow today and found nothing special except the new Tata Aria and LandRover stalls that attracted maximum crowd.

Further, there were not so many stall for accessories or utility items.

In my view it was total disaster.
Old 9th January 2011, 12:54   #590
Senior - BHPian

The show was a complete disaster and not worth calling an auto show at all, let alone the 'international' claim.

I went in the hope of getting jopasu pack, roots horns and hella lights, but none of them were there. It was even worse than last time.

There were just 2 vintage cars, some bikes, toyota, JLR, mahindra, hyundai, honda and probably a few more. There were some modded rides, which i found debatable to taste. Lots of other stalls selling non auto stuff like insect repellant, garden stuff, inverter batteries, bamboo stuff, decoration lights and so on.

On the whole, dont waste ur time, as there is nothing worth going there for AT ALL.
Old 9th January 2011, 14:13   #591
BHPian

@thedreamcatcher: Sorry couldn't reply earlier! The gift pack contains the following:

- Car duster
- Mini duster
- Magic wipe
- Magic glove
- 2 bottles of wash and wax

@hemantbsutar: Agree with you! All I meant to say that you'll get much more than just the product.

Offtopic: The car treatment from them is definitely on my wishlist
Old 9th January 2011, 14:55   #592
Senior - BHPian

Does Mr. Anand have a store in Pune? I do not recognise the contact number - is it a mobile?
Old 11th January 2011, 10:52   #593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
How much did it cost you?did you buy the whole kit or just the duster?
sagarpadaki: I bought only the duster, paid Rs.450. Well worth it IMO.
Old 11th January 2011, 11:15   #594
BHPian

Can someone tell me where in chennai is the kit available?
Old 19th January 2011, 15:28   #595
BHPian

Hi Guys,
Indeed its a great product, have been using it since almost a year. But I have a query, after using it for a year without ever cleaning it, I thought since it has become dirty i will clean it with cold water and some detergent. It cleaned well but now when I use it its not picking dust so effectively like it use to do it earlier. Is the original condition has some wax treatment or something?

Anyways it served a year without issues if required I will replace it with a new one. So just want to know if after water cleaning it, does it loose its effectiveness, has anyone felt it that way. I went by the instructions on the bag.
Now in Bengaluru where can I get a new one ? I read its no longer there on ebay.
samsan02 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2011, 15:35   #596
BHPian

@samsan02
I too learnt it the hard way and that too on my long handle duster (could have learnt it on small hand duster :-O)
I dipped the duster in a mild soapy cleaning agent and now after drying it, its no better than a mop which simply moves dust from here to there. I guess the soap/detergent breaks down the wax treated fibers and they become ordinary threads then. Now the duster is no longer picking up any dust and the fibers too are a bit coarse.

Tough luck
racer_m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2011, 17:51   #597
BHPian

@samsan -

Please check the previous pages of this thread and you will know where to get the duster in bangalore. A lot has been discussed about washing the duster and its after effects and my opinion was & still is that we should not be washing the same. (I read it in this thread itself).
Old 20th January 2011, 18:00   #598
Senior - BHPian

I saw these dusters in Reliance Autozone, HSR layout, planning to get one of these this weekend.
Old 20th January 2011, 18:11   #599
jp1
BHPian

You are right, it looses its effect after washing. It was great until I washed it. After washing it, it does not absorb the dust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsan02 View Post
Hi Guys,
Indeed its a great product, have been using it since almost a year. But I have a query, after using it for a year without ever cleaning it, I thought since it has become dirty i will clean it with cold water and some detergent. It cleaned well but now when I use it its not picking dust so effectively like it use to do it earlier. Is the original condition has some wax treatment or something?

Anyways it served a year without issues if required I will replace it with a new one. So just want to know if after water cleaning it, does it loose its effectiveness, has anyone felt it that way. I went by the instructions on the bag.
Now in Bengaluru where can I get a new one ? I read its no longer there on ebay.
Old 20th January 2011, 19:42   #600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfax176 View Post
Can someone tell me where in chennai is the kit available?
I would also like to know if this duster is available anywhere in chennai. It would be mighty helpful to pick it up immediately instead of waiting for the online order to arrive!

Most Viewed